Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 11:17 AM

531 posts, read 384,006 times

Advertisements

Dont fall for that opposite sex "friend" scam. Leave your bf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 11:23 AM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
So cheaters only meet at bars? not coffee shops or restaurants...

I think the location and the activity is irrelevant. I think the response to the OP's thread is subject to one's own personal experiences (which apparently is pretty bad here... ). I think there some of us that have relationships that are not subject to suspicion. Cheaters will cheat... The OP was commenting on their own feelings regarding the situation and the BF hasn't given any reason for suspicion.

I like the one of the final last responses from the OP. It is a waste of time and energy worrying about it. Certainly don't be blind the situation but certainly give the BF the benefit of doubt.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:26 AM

231 posts, read 201,781 times
You can only trust and hope that your boyfriend is not going to cheat.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:42 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
I find it amusing that so many people think that everyone thinks, feels and acts just like they do. Regardless of how many people explain to them in unmistakable terms that they are perfectly capable of maintaining interpersonal relationships with opposite sex individuals that do not involve even the most remote possibility of sexual attraction, they continue to insist that the OP must dump her boyfriend because he won't be able to keep his dick in his pants.

It is unfortunate that these folks are incapable of seeing the possibility that not everyone operates on those same base morals and motivators - that there are those among us that can share a drink with someone without even the most remote urge to tear each others' clothes off. What a sad little life to live, thinking so myopically.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:54 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I find it amusing that so many people think that everyone thinks, feels and acts just like they do. Regardless of how many people explain to them in unmistakable terms that they are perfectly capable of maintaining interpersonal relationships with opposite sex individuals that do not involve even the most remote possibility of sexual attraction, they continue to insist that the OP must dump her boyfriend because he won't be able to keep his dick in his pants.

It is unfortunate that these folks are incapable of seeing the possibility that not everyone operates on those same base morals and motivators - that there are those among us that can share a drink with someone without even the most remote urge to tear each others' clothes off. What a sad little life to live, thinking so myopically.
Agreed! Sad little lives indeed.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:27 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
I have been married three times.

They have all been preceded by dating a female friend.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:41 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
Your boyfriend is going to say whatever he needs to say so that he can hang out with this woman.

If this "friend" is such a big part of his life, how come he's never introduced you to her prior to this?

Why didn't he give you a heads up BEFORE he went out with this woman so he could gauge your reaction and see if it would bother you?

I'll tell you why. He wanted to go out with her. He knew if he told you it could be a problem. He knew you'd be easier to handle if he did what he wanted (without regard for your feelings) and then dealt with you later. I mean, the Facetime angle was cute. Because you seeing her with your boyfriend makes it better??!!

Oh, and he senses that you could be upset so NOW he gives her a boyfriend. Oh, honey.

At the very least, he's being insensitive to you.

It's not about telling a boyfriend about what he can and can't do. It's about standing up for yourself and respectfully teaching others how to treat you. It's about having the self-confidence. I mean, come on. He's certainly okay telling you what he's going to do----after the fact.

I find it troubling that you're denying your initial feelings and rationalizing his behavior.

BTW, I'm not saying you should confront the guy out of anger. But you should definitely clarify and set boundaries for this relationship. You can do this respectfully and keeping your focus on getting information about him and his beliefs.
I totally agree with this post. While I do believe people can have completely innocent and platonic friendships with the opposite sex, the whole circumstances outlined above just spells out something different. I think the OP has to sit down with her boyfriend and really define the boundaries of their relationship and what each one is comfortable with. I think if the OP had actually met the "friend" in question, it might be better, but it seems like boyfriend would rather keep her a mystery, and would raise big questions with me.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:47 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

I agree great point and post

I've got a few lady friends and just friends and often go out with them for a meal or a drink and have absolutely no other intentions towards them except friendship

I can understand from the outside it may appear to be a date but it's very short sighted and insecure to actually believe it is

Old 05-30-2016, 05:49 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Oh...so you make it a habit of marrying people you have not already built trust and honesty with? Guess I inferred a bit much about SMART people getting married. Only stupid people marry people they haven't built trust with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Any woman that doesn't think this way is typically in a relationship with a man that ****s other women.

If a woman is too effing retarded to see nothing wrong with the OP's situation, then she deserves to be cheated on. ALL people will cheat in the right situation.
Whatever you believe must be true, to you which does not affect the real life of anyone else.
Bless you both, really, I mean it......

PS ~~ Couples to not have to be married to build trust.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:43 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
He's not hiding the other girl from her, the friend came home to visit over school break.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships