Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 11:28 AM

22,419 posts, read 47,402,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I thought like you once when I first joined this forum then I had sex with an actual woman and no longer think that way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 11:34 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
That kinda how I'm reading it as well. However , there seems to be an underlying bitterness about relationships that stands in opposition to the projected adamance about them being a waste of time. I suppose that spending ones time in the company of a cat, taking the situation in hand, would make actual human interaction somewhat difficult and awkward. Such ...leisure activity...doesn't really allow for practice of social skills.

Being alone is OK , in regulated doses, but I , personally, prefer being in my lady's company. She feels the same. There are times when one or the other of us needs some time to ourselves. I tend to leave Ber be in the mornings, go for my morning walk, whatever, and give her wake up space for a couple hours. She likes go watch her TV shows without being distracted, stuff like that. I know when to give a degree of seperation, as does she.

But we need each others company far more than alone time. The time alone we give each other is so our time together is better and both more pleasant and productive. Through our lives, we've both spent long stretches of time alone. Years. Enough to know that our current state is far more preferable. But we never fell into a state of bitterness regarding being on our own. Makes what we have now even better.
Yeah, OP is definitely not of a neutral mindset regarding relationships, and is in no way a, "Hey, people should do what they like and what works best for them" proponent. He's pretty hostile about anybody who finds their lives improved by choosing to form relationships.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:53 AM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I'm asked if I have a girlfriend or a wife all the time, and if I say know people ask more questions after awhile. It's like being gay or something: my lifestyle makes me a freak to a great many people and they have no qualms about letting me know that is the case

That's general small talk, not an attack.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-02-2016, 06:07 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,576,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yeah, OP is definitely not of a neutral mindset regarding relationships, and is in no way a, "Hey, people should do what they like and what works best for them" proponent. He's pretty hostile about anybody who finds their lives improved by choosing to form relationships.

That's something I don't understand. I've been burned, third degree , over 95% of my body in relationships before. One in particular. But it never put me off on the opposite sex as a whole. Interestingly, I wasn't looking for a new relationship, figured I'd bjde my time, and be alone for a spell. Not because of any trepidation about relationships, must figured I could use some fall back, regroup time.

When the gal I'm with now contacted me, I guess I was about six months into it. It was a surprise to hear from her. We didn't just jump into a romantic involvement, either, she got hold of me as a friend, offering an alternative to the company of my animals and the sound of the wind. This is where I vet lost with the OP. Be calls human company and involvement all manner of nasty. Messy, loathe some, inonvenient et al. I prefer germs such as comforting, worthwhile, (even the "messy" stuff ) a d very inspirational. Especially my new lady. She's given me a reason for being alive. Her company is anything but unpleasant, in any way. Even when she's cranky, it beats being alone.

My dog or my horse couldn't come be with me in the hospital. I wasn't waking up with a paw stroking my hair and holding my hand after surgery. The smell of her hair when she bent down to kiss me beat hell out of sloppy doggy licks and doggy smell. Lol. Ah well, mine is not to question why. Still, the OPs take confuses me.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:06 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,962,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful Parsnip View Post
Wow!! You really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you?

For the person who mentioned human biology, thanks for that.

Human beings don't crave sex to simply achieve an orgasm, they crave sex because 1000's of years of evolution has engrained a need to reproduce. If you don't have that craving, good for you friend, however don't try to blame relationships on television commercials and romantic comedies.

Do companies pander to human nature?? Of course.
And if we all wanted to be with the same sex, we would go extinct. So does that mean anyone advocating acceptance of gays are "ignorant of human nature"?

Quote:
We are also a food eating society, do you blame Olive Garden?

We also crave water, do you blame Aqua Fina?

No you don't, but they do try to capitalize on human nature.

Read something non fiction and learn from it.
That is completely different. One can live without sex or relationships and be biologically sound, not so much water and food.

And when did I blame THE EXISTENCE of sex and relationships? I am just talking about SOCIETY and how it treats those of us who want neither as freaks...or at least, American society as in Japan this kind of thing is considered okay.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:38 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,823,061 times
I'd still marry him a third time. I have no desire to be alone.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:10 AM

23 posts, read 15,355 times
Quote:
And if we all wanted to be with the same sex, we would go extinct. So does that mean anyone advocating acceptance of gays are "ignorant of human nature"?

That is completely different. One can live without sex or relationships and be biologically sound, not so much water and food.

And when did I blame THE EXISTENCE of sex and relationships? I am just talking about SOCIETY and how it treats those of us who want neither as freaks...or at least, American society as in Japan this kind of thing is considered okay.
OK, well first off, thanks for setting the gay folks that I love 100 years, You think that it's a choice? And that's why they don't choose to be gay? Because our civilization would crumble? Holy crap!!

There are like 4 billion folks on this rock, it's good for some, and not for others. I'm done.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:39 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times
Being asked if you are in a relationship is not "being treated like a freak by society."

Old 06-03-2016, 09:10 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,594,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's general small talk, not an attack.
This.

OP, you gotta try to lighten up. That alone may make you happier, more attractive to women and more likable in general. You are too sensitive.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:31 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,021,234 times
Quote:
I'm asked if I have a girlfriend or a wife all the time, and if I say know people ask more questions after awhile. It's like being gay or something: my lifestyle makes me a freak to a great many people and they have no qualms about letting me know that is the case

Which "people" call you a "freak" for being single, exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships