Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 10:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Where do you get them?
i have found them at spencers gifts, and on amazon.com, like these;

http://www.amazon.com/Rhode-Island-N...1&sr=8-1-spell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 10:43 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
See some females' comments said they liked receiving gifts on their dates. So why is this such a problem.
Overkill and not very smart. It's not the objective of the first date for a guy to impress a girl.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:13 PM

53 posts, read 77,839 times
I think in the beginning of dating it's too much. Seems over the top and feels unnecessary to me. My current bf randomly bought me flowers before a date at around 6 months and I thought it was adorable. He's gotten me stuffed animals but they were ones I noticed when we were out shopping and he bought them for occasions (bday, valentines day) and I loved that too. The more personal the better but yeah lay off in the first few weeks, especially if you're not officially dating yet. Had a guy get me flowers on date 3 and he was super clingy

Old 05-31-2016, 11:43 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
I wouldn't know whether to laugh or barf. I might do both!

Old 06-01-2016, 12:13 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,004 times
I had one boyfriend who could pull this off very well. BUT it only worked because he insisted on picking me up from my place for the first few dates, so I could just leave the gifts there before we left. Each one of those dates he brought me something different - flowers, then artisan chocolates (premium stuff that had been painted on top...they were not only delicious, but beautiful), then a mini Paddington Bear stuffed animal he got me on a business trip he took to London. I am not a stuffed animal person, but I still have that bear.

Now, flowers delivered to the office? I love that, and I don't think I know any women that don't love that. It makes a huge impression, and makes other women at the office jealous. I've had a few boyfriends who did this, often times with very thoughtful cards to go along with them.

Pro tip: If you're planning on sending or bringing a woman flowers, try to find out what her favorite flowers are in advance. Don't just assume she'll love roses; don't get me wrong, roses are pretty, but I'd melt if a guy went out of his way to send/bring me a big bouquet of peonies or dahlias.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:19 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I wouldn't know whether to laugh or barf. I might do both!
interesting move that.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:56 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
I've been sent or given flowers, yes.

I can't see judging a gift. The person was thinking of me. Why would I thumb my nose if it were a little bear instead? Or a balloon? Or a book? Or a little sack of my favorite coffee? Or just a single hand-picked flower? It's not about me demanding something, it's about the person giving me something which certainly he didn't have to do. Right? I'm going to stamp my foot that it wasn't all to my satisfaction?

I don't judge gifts. I love them because the person wanted to do something nice for me and this is what he thought of. I don't order my spontaneous gifts out of a catalog to my satisfaction. It truly is the thought that counts, not whether I like flowers but don't like bears or I like candy but I don't like flowers.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:10 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I've been sent or given flowers, yes.

I can't see judging a gift. The person was thinking of me. Why would I thumb my nose if it were a little bear instead? Or a balloon? Or a book? Or a little sack of my favorite coffee? Or just a single hand-picked flower? It's not about me demanding something, it's about the person giving me something which certainly he didn't have to do. Right? I'm going to stamp my foot that it wasn't all to my satisfaction?

I don't judge gifts. I love them because the person wanted to do something nice for me and this is what he thought of. I don't order my spontaneous gifts out of a catalog to my satisfaction. It truly is the thought that counts, not whether I like flowers but don't like bears or I like candy but I don't like flowers.
Great post. I never understand the people who claim that gifts - whether it be flowers or dinner - are "too much too soon." I can't ever recall feeling anything but flattered and appreciated when a man did something nice for me on - or in preparation of! - a date, whether that was the first time meeting for coffee or our fifth date.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:39 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
No body did that to me but flowers I like, candy I like somewhat teddy bear no idea..

Old 06-01-2016, 07:05 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,312 times
For me, I'd prefer a guy who treated me like a lady, who opened doors for me, pulled my chair out for me at the table, and stuff like that. It's those gestures that impress me a lot more than any material items like flowers or candy. If he gave me flowers or candy I wouldn't get upset or anything, I would thank him for it. But for me, I'd prefer actions rather than things to show he is interested in me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships