Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2016, 02:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
"Wanna go half on a room?"

Yet another date killer for me. But not so much, since I can fix him up on a date like this...

Spoiler
...With Jergens.
What about " I'll pay for the room "? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 03:00 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
What about " I'll pay for the room "? LOL
I'll be sweet enough to buy any lotion of his choice.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
I'll be sweet enough to buy any lotion of his choice.
Great answer!!!!!! lmao

Ding ding ding winner!!

Old 06-05-2016, 05:15 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
This. I mean, I "get" it and agree in part, but ****, I still like these holidays and happily participate. We're not into going all out, but a nice dinner, exchanging cards and chocolates, why not?

The same can be said about all sorts of celebrations and holidays. *shrug*
Yes, this is how I feel as well. Why not? Finding love is always worth celebrating.

Last edited by Butterflyfish; 06-05-2016 at 05:28 PM..

Old 06-05-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
The first is my view but the second...... Lmao...

Has anyone said that to you before or have you heard it said?..... Honestly can't stop laughing at that one
Regarding equality and opening doors; I've never heard anyone say that to me in person (face to face), but believe it or not, I was told that once when a gent called me up to ask me out. I declined the invitation.

As for the first point (marriage being just a piece of paper) I guess you could also say the same about a driver's license being "just a piece of paper", or a diploma, or any other official legal document. They are all just pieces of paper, but for some people, they actually mean something.

Last edited by Butterflyfish; 06-05-2016 at 05:27 PM..

Old 06-05-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I never heard anyone say that to me in person (face to face), but believe it or not, I was told that once when a gent called me up to ask me out. I declined the invitation.
He sounds a smooth operator..... In opening the doors of love of course! LOL

Wow!! He must have been joking or meant I has a joke surely?, I mean no man with a full set of marbles would say that whilst asking out a lady?

Old 06-05-2016, 05:38 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
I haven't dated many guys so can't really say....

Any kind of drug use that is illegal. I used to be with a guy that was a drug addict. Never again will I date one with a drug problem.

Driving after having a few alcoholic beverages

Old 06-05-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
He sounds a smooth operator..... In opening the doors of love of course! LOL

Wow!! He must have been joking or meant I has a joke surely?, I mean no man with a full set of marbles would say that whilst asking out a lady?
It's true and I only wish that he was joking. He was a complete stranger who was given my number by a mutual friend in an attempt to set us up. Epic fail.

I don't want to derail the thread, but this same guy, during this first introductory phone call, also wanted to know the reasons behind my divorce. I found the question inappropriate so I attempted to change the subject, but he insisted, actually he demanded to know why I had filed for divorce from my first husband (I guess before he "invested" in a date with me). By the way, his date idea was for me to help him run errands. How tempting!

Never heard from him again and this "friend" never played matchmaker for me again.

Last edited by Butterflyfish; 06-05-2016 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-05-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Regarding equality and opening doors; I've never heard anyone say that to me in person (face to face), but believe it or not, I was told that once when a gent called me up to ask me out. I declined the invitation.

As for the first point (marriage being just a piece of paper) I guess you could also say the same about a driver's license being "just a piece of paper", or a diploma, or any other official legal document. They are all just pieces of paper, but for some people, they actually mean something.
Now I'll answer the added bit.....

Oh I know that and completely understand and respect that marriage for most is a sacred bond/oath and I really would love to have that opinion myself

But at present I don't..... Maybe it's because I've not met one that I want to marry IDK and I won't rule out marriage as you never know, but in reality I don't think my view will change as such.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
It's true and I only wish that he was joking. He was a complete stranger who was given my number by a mutual friend in an attempt to set us up. Epic fail.

I don't want to derail the thread, but this same guy, during this first introductory phone call, also wanted to know the reasons behind my divorce. I found the question inappropriate so I attempted to change the subject, but he insisted, actually he demanded to know why I had filed for divorce from my first husband (I guess before he "invested" in a date with me). By the way, he date idea was for me to help him run errands. How tempting!

Never heard from him again and this "friend" never played matchmaker for me again.
No you're fine it's very relevant to the thread

I don't blame you in the slightest and I'd be most annoyed at the " friend "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships