Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 01:01 PM

683 posts, read 1,884,265 times

Advertisements

What exactly did you 'catch' her doing? I don't know what exactly 'macking' means these days. When I was younger, it meant flirting or trying to talk to someone, not cheating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 01:11 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post
Ok so for the ****ing third time I've been cheated on.

I really don't know where to go from here I'm so sick of girls and infidelity. I would never be able to cheat on someone, it's runs against every moral I have. Yet three ****ing times now I've been going out, exclusively with a girl, and have been cheated on....

I'm really sad right now and have lost all faith in the dating scene.

Tonight I saw the girl I'd been seeing for a while now. We went downtown seperately which was fine with me, and saw her macking with some guy with the same ****ing name as me. Literally couldn't have been more upset.

Are there any girls who won't rip my heart out????

I don't get it; I have a great job, am very charismatic, and still every time end up with someone who will destroy me.

I'm very sorry to hear this mate

If I were you I'd take a nice break from dating altogether ( NO relationships, flings, ons anything ) until you find an inner peace and when you feel comfortable to try again

Unfortunately you can't stop cheating as lust for some is uncontrollable so don't put yourself down or wonder " what have I done wrong? ", It's something we have NO control over.

Again Sorry

Old 06-04-2016, 01:42 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Yyyyuupp! At first I took all of your excellent advice but than she started texting again and wasn't sure what to do, so I followed my gut and as usual got into a sticky situation .

It's fine though, I got burned but it really won't affect me too much. I can bounce back from shorter relationships with relative ease.

My problem was never meeting girls, I've got that side covered. I think my problem was meeting the wrong girls and than falling for them.

I'm figuring out as I go through young adult hood (almost 23) that relationships are almost trial and error. I was a huge fool for thinking my first long-term relationship (which was almost a year ago) would turn out differently than it did. And ever since than I pick up new things about relationships that I was apparently oblivious to before, and each one since I haven't made the same mistakes; I just make different ones!

I'm not worried about finding another real love in the future, I'm sure it will happen at some point.
From the words you choose, I get the impression that these relationships are sexual in nature, without much of an emotional bond. Would you say that is true, or am I reading "we hooked up" wrong?

An emotional bond usually takes time to develop. Longer than a month or two of casual dating. (Not ALWAYS, but usually).

If the relationships are mostly sexual, you should expect that they can fizzle at any moment. It's nothing you are doing wrong, it is simply the nature of a casual sexual relationship.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:48 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Sorry I should have updated a few things. A lot changed with the newest girl in the couple of weeks since I posted that last thread. She started texting a lot out of nowhere and we began talking about being exclusive and having a relationship. We started hooking up again a lot and a few days ago said we wanted to try exclusivity (more serious).

Now last night when I was out with other friends I saw all that happen.

Whatever. . I'm sure not all girls are like this I hope. I just have bad luck
Sooo....you started TALKING about being exclusive...and you both said you wanted to TRY exclusivity. That is still not the same as actually agreeing and sealing the deal. Maybe she felt that you not directly saying you wanted to be exclusive that you really weren't that interested in her...so why wouldn't she get with someone else? Especially after you agreed to go out separately. If you don't COMMIT then you're not COMMITTED and neither is she! Simple as that.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:57 PM

220 posts, read 174,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemi808 View Post
What exactly did you 'catch' her doing? I don't know what exactly 'macking' means these days. When I was younger, it meant flirting or trying to talk to someone, not cheating.
I didn't describe the situation at the time b/c I was still fuming haha, it wasn't any fun.

By macking I mean we both went out separately for the night. My friends and I went to a bar we normally don't, one that she never goes to. While there I see her and go up to talk, start talking and than another guy who she was with started kissing her, while looking me in the eyes and smirking. I left immediately afterwards.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:01 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
I didn't describe the situation at the time b/c I was still fuming haha, it wasn't any fun.

By macking I mean we both went out separately for the night. My friends and I went to a bar we normally don't, one that she never goes to. While there I see her and go up to talk, start talking and than another guy who she was with started kissing her, while looking me in the eyes and smirking. I left immediately afterwards.
Hmmmm you're a better bloke than me mate...... If he smirked at me......

But why didn't you quiz her on it and put her on the spot?, did he " force " a kiss on her or was she receptive and possibly kissed back?

Obviously there's a huge difference between the 2

Old 06-04-2016, 02:18 PM

641 posts, read 405,492 times
Quote:
Sorry I should have updated a few things. A lot changed with the newest girl in the couple of weeks since I posted that last thread. She started texting a lot out of nowhere and we began talking about being exclusive and having a relationship. We started hooking up again a lot and a few days ago said we wanted to try exclusivity (more serious).

Now last night when I was out with other friends I saw all that happen.

Whatever. . I'm sure not all girls are like this I hope. I just have bad luck
At least you're getting girls. A lot of guys don't, so you must have something going for you (you mentioned you were charismatic). Just have fun for a while and don't obsess over a relationship.

You've already got another girl as well on the go. You've clearly got loads of game to be able to pull girls easily- let an LTR happen naturally in due course.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:00 PM

220 posts, read 174,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Hmmmm you're a better bloke than me mate...... If he smirked at me......

But why didn't you quiz her on it and put her on the spot?, did he " force " a kiss on her or was she receptive and possibly kissed back?

Obviously there's a huge difference between the 2
We texted afterwards and things ended right there. I won't get into the details but it's all good!

Old 06-04-2016, 08:44 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
I'm not worried about finding another real love in the future, I'm sure it will happen at some point.
Good. Your young and your learning, that is what dating is for.

Good luck!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-04-2016, 09:04 PM

302 posts, read 230,544 times
Quote:
Ok so for the ****ing third time I've been cheated on.

I really don't know where to go from here I'm so sick of girls and infidelity. I would never be able to cheat on someone, it's runs against every moral I have. Yet three ****ing times now I've been going out, exclusively with a girl, and have been cheated on....

I'm really sad right now and have lost all faith in the dating scene.

Tonight I saw the girl I'd been seeing for a while now. We went downtown seperately which was fine with me, and saw her macking with some guy with the same ****ing name as me. Literally couldn't have been more upset.

Are there any girls who won't rip my heart out????

I don't get it; I have a great job, am very charismatic, and still every time end up with someone who will destroy me.

Maybe you need to self reflect. Maybe you are not all that you think you are. Maybe you don't give your significant other what they need. Maybe you are just a good guy who makes poor romantic choices. Relationships take two people and there is always more to the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships