Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 12:59 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,302,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Not all of us had (or became) teen-aged mothers.
Well mine did. That 15 year age difference is alot in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 01:01 PM

405 posts, read 324,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Seriously, looking for a casual fling without having any idea of what you're doing is doomed to failure. Find someone at the same place that you can learn with. Ideally that should have been high school, or even college.
Maybe she'd be willing to show me a few tricks. And that's what I mean, how am I supposed to get out there if people are saying I'm too old to start now. It's like either way I'm doomed for failure since if I sit back & do nothing than nothing will happen but if I try it's doomed for failure?

Old 06-07-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
She's probably into younger men if she messaged me first.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:08 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
Maybe she'd be willing to show me a few tricks. And that's what I mean, how am I supposed to get out there if people are saying I'm too old to start now. It's like either way I'm doomed for failure since if I sit back & do nothing than nothing will happen but if I try it's doomed for failure?
No one said you're doomed for failure. Why do you take everything to extremes?

And it isn't about learning "tricks", there aren't "tricks", these are people. You should be focusing on making connections, and developing relationships. The physical part flows from that.

But whatever, you seem more interested in losing virginity than connecting with someone... maybe that is why you haven't? Anyway, your head space is your enemy.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No one said you're doomed for failure. Why do you take everything to extremes?

And it isn't about learning "tricks", there aren't "tricks", these are people. You should be focusing on making connections, and developing relationships. The physical part flows from that.

But whatever, you seem more interested in losing virginity than connecting with someone... maybe that is why you haven't? Anyway, your head space is your enemy.
You said that a casual fling with an older woman is doomed for failure since I don't have experience. And I know, I was just making a joke. This woman just happened to message me first & we just started chatting & I guess admittedly I liked the idea of possibly seeing an older woman since I do find a lot of older women attractive, just I know it would highly likely never work out for anything serious. I just feel I'd need to have some sort of dating/sex experience before I can ever get into a serious relationship though. A woman with a lot of options isn't going to want a guy with no experience for a serious relationship. And true, I always overthink everything quite a bit.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:18 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,008 times
Quote:
And at some ages, say 15 and 30, I agree it would be. As you get older, it's easier to overcome. 30 and 45 isn't that bad; my friend and her BF are 45 and 60 and you'd never guess he's that much older than she is, let alone that he's 60!

Quote:
And that's what I mean, how am I supposed to get out there if people are saying I'm too old to start now. It's like either way I'm doomed for failure since if I sit back & do nothing than nothing will happen but if I try it's doomed for failure?
I have a friend who had a very active dating life. We told him he had dating ADHD. He would tell me about one he'd set up a date with while scrolling through an OLD app to see who he wanted to meet next. Yet he was still a virgin. When we met, he was 29. He's now 35 and just got married - to the only woman he's slept with.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't consider his late start to be a failure. You are doomed for failure if you sit back and do nothing, correct. You may not connect with everyone you meet, but at least you'll be trying.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:19 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
You said that a casual fling with an older woman is doomed for failure since I don't have experience. And I know, I was just making a joke. This woman just happened to message me first & we just started chatting & I guess admittedly I liked the idea of possibly seeing an older woman since I do find a lot of older women attractive, just I know it would highly likely never work out for anything serious. I just feel I'd need to have some sort of dating/sex experience before I can ever get into a serious relationship though. A woman with a lot of options isn't going to want a guy with no experience for a serious relationship. And true, I always overthink everything quite a bit.
I dunno, seems to me casual things happened a lot easier once I learned to make connections, and casual sex was definitely easier after I learned the basics with people that were patient and understanding and I had a connection with within a relationship.

But perhaps that's not the norm.

You seem to be incredibly nervous, and making a connection with someone that likes you back and you have a sincere connection with will help those nerves go away... its not cool to wondering if the person is judging you on every little move.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:23 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,008 times
Quote:
A woman with a lot of options isn't going to want a guy with no experience for a serious relationship. And true, I always overthink everything quite a bit.
You don't know for sure she has a lot of options. A woman with a lot of options is likely not going to make first contact as she'd likely be out exploring all those other options. (I wouldn't know since I'm not one of them).

An older woman may also like the idea of a younger man who isn't a set-in-his-ways, stuck-in-the-mud snooze fest whose "equipment" is starting to fail.

All my life, I've been attracted to older men. LH was 7.5 years older than me. But in the last few years, I've noticed I'd much rather find someone a few years younger. Although, what really matters isn't so much his age but rather his ability to keep me young.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:26 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,060 times
Quote:
Been there, done that.
Had a 17 year age gap to a younger girlfriend.

All was great until she wanted kids and marriage and I didn't.

So long as you want the same thing, there is no age gap. When you don't, it might as well be an eternity between you

Old 06-07-2016, 01:31 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
Quote:
True. It's been 5 hours & still no reply back yet to know one way or another. And I wouldn't ask her about her experience with younger guys. Obviously I'm sure she's been with some younger guys if she's messaging me when I'm 10+ years younger than her.

5 hours??? Maybe she is working. Some people work at work, you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships