Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 01:16 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
No he didn't ask for my number again
A guy who is interested would have made sure to get the number again.

Good on you for at least trying though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 01:24 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
A guy who is interested would have made sure to get the number again.

Good on you for at least trying though.
Yeah, I'm agreeing with this.

You put yourself out there OP. I would have been flattered.

This guy obviously is not interested in you. Move along.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:26 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Smh.. Girl, I tried to tell you.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:26 PM

214 posts, read 176,442 times
Quote:
So yesterday i gave a guy that I'm interested in my number and told him to text/call sometime.He said sure and took it.However today I ran into him and the first thing he said was "not only did I lost your number but I broke my phone at soccer last night.

I feel like he was trying to let me down easy...I just don't believe him.I know things like this happen but it is too much of concidence that now he broke his phone after getting my number. Should I just forget about it?
If he is using that as an excuse or making it up, he's pretty pathetic and not worth your time. I've told women no before because I like directness and expect the same if someone is not interested in me. I would give him the number again and wait for him to call. If he does not call this time, then you have your answer; he's a cowardly douche.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:04 PM

576 posts, read 824,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Smh.. Girl, I tried to tell you.
well it least now I know...I would rather take rejection than keep wondering what if.At least now I know and I can move on

Old 06-08-2016, 07:24 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
well it least now I know...I would rather take rejection than keep wondering what if.At least now I know and I can move on
Good girl. You should be proud of yourself!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-08-2016, 08:36 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Obviously that was rejection...but what is with the politeness?

I use to wonder why women are so harsh when they reject men...that was until this one day I was at a bar after work and a woman approached me and started making small talk, asking me if I live around the area, what I do, and asked if she could sit next to me and talk...

I took a swig of my Pilsner and asked "do I know you?" (women do it all the time)
She looked confused for a minute but kept smiling. She said "well, no, but I may want to know you"
I snorted and said "look, I don't go to bars to talk to some random female I don't even know. So get the hell out of my face, you ugly freckled face fat girl." And no, she wasn't fat, but women just HATE to hear that. But she did have freckles, but wasn't horrible looking.

Well, the woman in question turned and left to talk to three of her friends at a bar table, and after a brief exchange she ran into the ladies room and I'm pretty sure she was crying

It was awesome! Now I understand why women are so harsh with the rejections: it's a load of fun.

Anyway, be happy you didn't try to hand your number to a male who figured out how awesome rejecting someone can be and move on.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:09 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I never found any fun in rejecting men. I respect the effort it took them to do it.

Guess you're a jerk.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-09-2016, 07:17 AM

52,251 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

I use to wonder why women are so harsh when they reject men...that was until this one day I was at a bar after work and a woman approached me and started making small talk, asking me if I live around the area, what I do, and asked if she could sit next to me and talk...

I took a swig of my Pilsner and asked "do I know you?" (women do it all the time)
She looked confused for a minute but kept smiling. She said "well, no, but I may want to know you"
I snorted and said "look, I don't go to bars to talk to some random female I don't even know. So get the hell out of my face, you ugly freckled face fat girl." And no, she wasn't fat, but women just HATE to hear that. But she did have freckles, but wasn't horrible looking.

Well, the woman in question turned and left to talk to three of her friends at a bar table, and after a brief exchange she ran into the ladies room and I'm pretty sure she was crying

It was awesome! Now I understand why women are so harsh with the rejections: it's a load of fun.

Anyway, be happy you didn't try to hand your number to a male who figured out how awesome rejecting someone can be and move on.
You seriously need some major help, major help. That mother's day thread you started and now comments like this show that you are one wounded puppy.

Sorta scary people are walking around the streets with these sorta views.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:29 AM

914 posts, read 737,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

Somebody dodged a bullet there. And I'm not talking about you.

PS: have you ever referred to yourself as "nice guy"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships