Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 12:27 PM

12 posts, read 3,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MergerArbitrage View Post
If she's in a relationship, long distance or not, she's off the market, if you ask me.

I take it you guys are pretty young?

If I were you, I'd stay friends with her and keep yourself updated on how that long-distance thing works out. You'll probably know pretty quick if she breaks it off
Yeah, I'm 19, and I haven't really had much experience at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 12:37 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,522,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormeaglex1 View Post
I definitely understand. It's just...you know....I could use the confidence boost from knowing that she likes me
Obviously everyone has different tastes and opinions but do you get any other attention from girls?

I know people that look for " a confidence boost " don't usually have them queuing up, however if you've had some interest before then that would be a good way to recognise if she's interested or not..... If you see what I mean?.

What's so special about this girl?, is it because shes more attractive than others or that she " appears " to be interested?.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Obviously everyone has different tastes and opinions but do you get any other attention from girls?

I know people that look for " a confidence boost " don't usually have them queuing up, however if you've had some interest before then that would be a good way to recognise if she's interested or not..... If you see what I mean?.

What's so special about this girl?, is it because shes more attractive than others or that she " appears " to be interested?.
I've been called "cute" before, and I've been told that a girl was interested (as well as observing that another girl may have been), but I've never kissed a girl, never been on a date, etc.

I like her because of the combination of those two things. In addition, her finding my sense of humor funny means that we'd be compatible in that way.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I've been called "cute" before, and I've been told that a girl was interested (as well as observing that another girl may have been), but I've never kissed a girl, never been on a date, etc.

I like her because of the combination of those two things. In addition, her finding my sense of humor funny means that we'd be compatible in that way.
Ahh I see

Mate there's nothing wrong with that and I thank you for your honesty

Is this because you don't approach women or have approached them and don't know what to say or they say no?.

I don't mean to pry as such, but you seem nice enough so I'd love to help or offer advice if you think it would help?.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Ahh I see

Mate there's nothing wrong with that and I thank you for your honesty

Is this because you don't approach women or have approached them and don't know what to say or they say no?.

I don't mean to pry as such, but you seem nice enough so I'd love to help or offer advice if you think it would help?.
Your help is very much appreciated

I've never actually asked a woman on a date at this point, so maybe my problem is more than I need to put myself out there?

But yeah, Ann has made me feel really good about myself, and the prospect of her having a crush on me is exhilarating. I'm not going to get in the way between her and her SO, I just want some sort of validation that she might actually like. Based on my original post, what do you think?

Old 06-11-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Your help is very much appreciated

I've never actually asked a woman on a date at this point, so maybe my problem is more than I need to put myself out there?

But yeah, Ann has made me feel really good about myself, and the prospect of her having a crush on me is exhilarating. I'm not going to get in the way between her and her SO, I just want some sort of validation that she might actually like. Based on my original post, what do you think?
To answer the last paragraph first it does sound good ( as stated in my first post lol ) and yes I really do completely understand and I could have the most awful, rotten day and one smile from a stunner in a pub, on the street walking by etc and I'm sky high again ....... But one i really like ....

But yes the bolded part is EXACTLY the problem mate , I know it's only the Internet but you do seem a very nice and decent bloke so that automatically works hugely in your favour for starters .

Can I ask why you haven't or don't ask them out?, I know confidence is one but is there a specific reason?

I'd assume it's fear of rejection, don't know what to say? Etc .... Basically just the general fears that most young men have and more often than not they grow out of ...... So it's not that big a deal as such

How comfortable are you talking to the ladies on a platonic level?

Old 06-11-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
To answer the last paragraph first it does sound good ( as stated in my first post lol ) and yes I really do completely understand and I could have the most awful, rotten day and one smile from a stunner in a pub, on the street walking by etc and I'm sky high again ....... But one i really like ....

But yes the bolded part is EXACTLY the problem mate , I know it's only the Internet but you do seem a very nice and decent bloke so that automatically works hugely in your favour for starters .

Can I ask why you haven't or don't ask them out?, I know confidence is one but is there a specific reason?

I'd assume it's fear of rejection, don't know what to say? Etc .... Basically just the general fears that most young men have and more often than not they grow out of ...... So it's not that big a deal as such

How comfortable are you talking to the ladies on a platonic level?
Well to make a long story short, there was this girl that I had a crush on for quite a long time. I held off on telling her how I felt though, because for the first half of my crush on her, I was a immature little kid, and for the second half, she was dating someone. Once I heard that her and her boyfriend were breaking up, I took the initiative and told her how I felt. She did not reciprocate the feelings. So I suppose there's your answer: I haven't asked anyone out because I was hung up on her for quite a long time.

My confidence is kinda bipolar, and it mainly has to do with my body image; sometimes I look in the mirror and think I'm very attractive, and other times...not so much. As I said, some girls have called me cute and some adults have called me handsome, but because I've never had a girl approach me and tell me that she wants to hang out, I guess I've never felt super desirable (which, as I'm typing this, I realize is kinda unrealistic an expectation when I don't put myself out there).

Another thing is, I'm not sure that I want a relationship. I'm quite a home body, and going out with friends is kind of a big deal when it happens. I'm content with just staying at home, browsing the web, and watching TV. That's why I'd be satisfied with just knowing that Ann likes me.

I definitely feel as comfortable talking with female friends as guy friends. Really, apart from eye contact, I think I've improved a lot over the years in terms of socializing. I felt comfortable saying enough funny things in front of a group of people for Ann to constantly laugh and tell me how "funny" and "witty" I am.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Well to make a long story short, there was this girl that I had a crush on for quite a long time. I held off on telling her how I felt though, because for the first half of my crush on her, I was a immature little kid, and for the second half, she was dating someone. Once I heard that her and her boyfriend were breaking up, I took the initiative and told her how I felt. She did not reciprocate the feelings. So I suppose there's your answer: I haven't asked anyone out because I was hung up on her for quite a long time.

My confidence is kinda bipolar, and it mainly has to do with my body image; sometimes I look in the mirror and think I'm very attractive, and other times...not so much. As I said, some girls have called me cute and some adults have called me handsome, but because I've never had a girl approach me and tell me that she wants to hang out, I guess I've never felt super desirable (which, as I'm typing this, I realize is kinda unrealistic an expectation when I don't put myself out there).

Another thing is, I'm not sure that I want a relationship. I'm quite a home body, and going out with friends is kind of a big deal when it happens. I'm content with just staying at home, browsing the web, and watching TV. That's why I'd be satisfied with just knowing that Ann likes me.

I definitely feel as comfortable talking with female friends as guy friends. Really, apart from eye contact, I think I've improved a lot over the years in terms of socializing. I felt comfortable saying enough funny things in front of a group of people for Ann to constantly laugh and tell me how "funny" and "witty" I am.
It was probably the timing of you asking her out mate.... Especially if it was straight after the break up?

I'm the same with the body image as my weight fluctuates so I get that

LOL you say that about not wanting a relationship but until you meet a woman you won't know for sure, soon as you do then you'll know

Speaking comfortably on a platonic level is the best foundation possible to build on with the ladies, if you feel you are improving all the time I'm CERTAIN it's only a matter of time mate and especially if you are outgoing and sociable?.

Honestly I think you are fine and you have no problems in the long run

Old 06-11-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
It was probably the timing of you asking her out mate.... Especially if it was straight after the break up?

I'm the same with the body image as my weight fluctuates so I get that

LOL you say that about not wanting a relationship but until you meet a woman you won't know for sure, soon as you do then you'll know

Speaking comfortably on a platonic level is the best foundation possible to build on with the ladies, if you feel you are improving all the time I'm CERTAIN it's only a matter of time mate and especially if you are outgoing and sociable?.

Honestly I think you are fine and you have no problems in the long run
That girl said she only thought of me as a friend. Perhaps it was just too soon, but when I think back to that time, I was nowhere near as socially adept with her as I have been with Ann. I'd only barely started to feel comfortable in my own skin when I met Ann, so I cringe thinking back to how awkward I must've been around that other girl.

So out of curiosity, looking back at my original post, what would you say is the one definitive sign that she may like me? What jumped out at you?

Old 06-11-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
That girl said she only thought of me as a friend. Perhaps it was just too soon, but when I think back to that time, I was nowhere near as socially adept with her as I have been with Ann. I'd only barely started to feel comfortable in my own skin when I met Ann, so I cringe thinking back to how awkward I must've been around that other girl.

So out of curiosity, looking back at my original post, what would you say is the one definitive sign that she may like me? What jumped out at you?
It's not one thing it's them ALL as a whole that's the definitive sign

However.......... From what you just said about that one you asked out it could well be platonic but I'm more enthralled and convinced it's not as you got a positive vibe and feeling that she's into you and gone on from there mate

Again it's very possible that's it's platonic but from my experience it's rare for a girl to go on and on with such pleasantries without something there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships