Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 12:54 PM

177 posts, read 381,494 times

Advertisements

get a new wife
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 01:01 PM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bif24701 View Post
I am a 25 yr male and married for 4 years. I love my wife and desire to make her happy. Though I am unhappy myself. I think the main reason is that I feel unwanted. I just got back from Iraq and was there for two months. Durning that time me and my wife vowled to do more for each other because we agreed that things were not well between us. Since I have been back we have made love a total of 3 times. Once the day I got back and the other 2 times were not good. I basicly had to beg. I feel very unwanted. It makes me angry because I very much desire my wife but she dosen't want any physical touching. esecialy sex. up until now things were good between us. That is until I feel so awful inside I can hardly bear it. Things have been though for us finacialy, but we are making progress. We have a new home and both work. bills get paid but the is little left to spend on my wife. It seems no matter what I do I just can't make her want me. I need a wife who will have me. WHAT DO I DO??????
First of all, thank you for everything you have done for our country and for the people of Iraq. We are very proud of our soldiers and support you all the way. That being said, it sounds to me like you and your wife need some marital counseling. It can't be easy for you to come back here aqnd adjust again to life here and it has to be difficult for her as well having you back at home. Big changes for both of you. Before you do go to get counseling, suggest to your wife that you sit down, perhaps with a bottle of wine and air all your differences...what is different now as opposed to before, does she feel like you are underfoot now, is there anything else going on that you should know about...stuff like that..get it out there. If she is having issues adjusting and so are you and both of you come to that conclusion, they suggest the marriage counseling..it does help.

I can hear in your post that you are perhaps thinking something else is going on, no? If you are then this has to come up in the conversation you have with her. Remember, nothing is going to be accomplished with her or with you if either of you get angry through this adjustment period...it has to be difficult and I can understand your level of frustration.

Good luck with this and stay in touch....you have been through a lot having been in Iraq and it could very well be that the time you were gone was tough on her and she is just a bit resentful??? Who knows?? Please do stay in touch and let me know how you are doing with this.
CP

Old 04-22-2009, 01:08 PM

159 posts, read 806,494 times
do you have kids? maybe she reaaly doesnt want to get pregnant- more $ spent- you still might die at war...

Old 04-22-2009, 01:35 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Does everyone realize this post is from 02-15-2008?

Old 05-06-2009, 04:44 AM

54 posts, read 225,640 times
Default *Update: MAY 2009*

It's May 2009 and little has changed as far sex, only getting worse. The money problems have not been completely fixed but are getting better with time now that my wife is working again. We are expecting a boy soon that was a surprise. My wife is ok with the pregnancy and that’s good because I feared she would have reacted negatively. I am happy to have a child however just before the news I was almost sure that I wanted to separate. The only thing holding me together is my unborn son. I think that if I ever met a woman that accepts me for me that it will be nearly impossible to stay in this marriage. I vowel not to stray unless it is legal. Right now I just try to focus on having a healthy boy to care for.

Signed
Brokenman

Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 PM

326 posts, read 880,752 times
I say hire a private investigator to follow her. She is getting it somewhere.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:12 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Things have gotten worse and now I am considering a separation. I have tried talking but she clams up. She will say it's not me she is upset about her career and others things. I feel that she can't possaibly love me and that if I am such a bad husband to deserve this treatment then I will be doing her a favor by leaving. I have planned on telling her this week that I will be moving out of the house to think for awhile. This is my last resort. I would just divorce if I didn't love her so much and for that matter I may not even care to have sex with her. I love her very much but it hurts dearly.

a friend of mine's son who is the same age as you was going to get seperated from his wife because she was on line looking to hook up and told him she never loved him and some other things. his attorney gave him some great advice which is go ahead and start the divorce papers you can always stop them if things work them self out. but by the time it becomes final if she hasn't come around she isn't gonna. you are young, you will find someone else. it does hurt terribly when someone you love doesn't love you back as they should. but you do deserve to be loved, it sounds like this lady has fallen out of love with you and it too chicken sh** to say it. try to move on the best you can. a goor relationship has lots of fun, laughs and great sex!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:15 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
It's May 2009 and little has changed as far sex, only getting worse. The money problems have not been completely fixed but are getting better with time now that my wife is working again. We are expecting a boy soon that was a surprise. My wife is ok with the pregnancy and that’s good because I feared she would have reacted negatively. I am happy to have a child however just before the news I was almost sure that I wanted to separate. The only thing holding me together is my unborn son. I think that if I ever met a woman that accepts me for me that it will be nearly impossible to stay in this marriage. I vowel not to stray unless it is legal. Right now I just try to focus on having a healthy boy to care for.

Signed
Brokenman
I didn't see your update. stay as long as things feel right for you but don't stay in a relationship because of the children we used to do that back in the dark ages and the children always know becuase they feel the tension. you deserve to be happy and loved.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:32 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,627 times
Question.

Has she always disliked sex? Did she dislike sex when you were dating and before you went to Iraq?

With all due respect, I'd get a DNA test to confirm the baby is in fact...yours.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:33 PM

326 posts, read 880,752 times
Sorry I missed the update. Ignore my post about the private investigator & good luck1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships