Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 06:13 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I am totally happy in life except one aspect I genuinely don't think that's bad. I need someone who will be accepting and make me feel ok about my flaws and that's not a bad thing. I will NEVER be happy being handicapped ever there is never anything happy about it never good never anything I can't accept it and be happy and having a relationship and husband will make that feel ok at least someone else can accept it. I'm ok with leaning on that validation to feel good because I'm 25 and have never felt good about myself and likely never will.
Then you are wasting your time in the relationship department. You will NEVER be able to have a successful relationship if this is how you feel about yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 06:51 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
No because the other times I tried I was sober. I think he started dating some ugly girl because he doesn't talk to my friend or me much anymore. I mean it's whatever if I wanted to have bad morals I could go on tinder to find someone to sleep with. I really am trying to not do that though because it's wrong and I think about the long term benefits that I'll have a husband one day.

Anyways he sucks so screw him I could find a productive member of society to sleep with
No sweetie, it's not "wrong" to have sex.

You have your self-esteem all tied up with whether or not you have sex and whether or not you have a husband. That's very sad.

You are a valuable human being. Your worth is not dependent upon your marital status. Your worth is not dependent upon how many sexual partners you have had.

Learn to love yourself before some user identifies you as easy prey (because that is what you ARE).

And stop with all the hate towards other members of your gender. If a man you were interested in started dating someone, she must be an "ugly girl" or "some s lut". Yuck! In truth, she is probably a really cool woman who does not have the self-esteem problems you have.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:10 PM

741 posts, read 478,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
No sweetie, it's not "wrong" to have sex.

You have your self-esteem all tied up with whether or not you have sex and whether or not you have a husband. That's very sad.

You are a valuable human being. Your worth is not dependent upon your marital status. Your worth is not dependent upon how many sexual partners you have had.

Learn to love yourself before some user identifies you as easy prey (because that is what you ARE).

And stop with all the hate towards other members of your gender. If a man you were interested in started dating someone, she must be an "ugly girl" or "some s lut". Yuck! In truth, she is probably a really cool woman who does not have the self-esteem problems you have.
But she's not as cool as me she probably wouldn't be as dedicated or good wife and mother potential like I am.

I get your point but I just can't accept that

Old 06-13-2016, 07:33 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
But she's not as cool as me she probably wouldn't be as dedicated or good wife and mother potential like I am.

Delude yourself all want, but that's not what translated to that guy.

As it is, you have a very one dimensional view on relationships, motherhood and life. Its just not going to work or become reality until you have that self acceptance and love.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Delude yourself all want, but that's not what translated to that guy.

As it is, you have a very one dimensional view on relationships, motherhood and life. Its just not going to work or become reality until you have that self acceptance and love.
I wish getting there was easier or faster

Old 06-13-2016, 08:20 PM

308 posts, read 267,390 times
Didn't read through all the messages; only have a single piece of advice to give for anyone who ever plans to meet someone in at a location far from home:

Please make sure to let someone know where you are heading so that you don't end up as a statistic.

I'm sure the person you're meeting is a nice guy and you'll likely have nothing to worry about. However, best to be safe than sorry.

Good luck.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs1n View Post
Didn't read through all the messages; only have a single piece of advice to give for anyone who ever plans to meet someone in at a location far from home:

Please make sure to let someone know where you are heading so that you don't end up as a statistic.

I'm sure the person you're meeting is a nice guy and you'll likely have nothing to worry about. However, best to be safe than sorry.

Good luck.
Thank you

Old 06-13-2016, 08:27 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Quote:
Men should like and appreciate desperation because it means I'm dedicated. My friend just sleeps with everyone and that's not good, moral, or future wife material
Well at least someone is getting laid.

Quote:
But I think I can keep it under control, I wasn't crazy desperate with my ex I was a little clingy but he liked it and said he didn't really think it was clingy he just knew I worry a lot. Idk that's gross about swinging and men shouldn't date sluts they don't deserve to be married first because they don't have good morals.
So Ms. Social Worker, what would you tell a client who has sex with many partners and you believe that her behavior makes her a ****?

You say that you're social worker with an MSW from one of the top schools in the country and are now starting as a clinician, seeing patients.

If you can't answer this question for yourself, you have no business being a therapist.

And yes I know, you're so well controlled, you hide it, you wear a mask, you can help your clients, your issues don't effect your ability to be a therapist and the list goes on and on through multiple threads. Spare me.

And as I've said in countless threads where you go on and on about your desire to marry a man in the military.

My husbands retired from the army, I did the whole Army wife thing for close to a decade. You are NOT, absolutely NOT in ANY WAY capable of handling what a romantic relationship with some who is active duty in the US Military.

You are desperate, insecure, needy, clingy and want a relationship with a man who I'd always there for you. That is not possible when your spouse is active duty. It's not just about deployment, they are constantly training, always. There are schools they go to, my husband went to Ranger school, it was over 4months of not seeing him, only a few letters, and a phone call when he moved to a different phase. After that, He was deployed more often than he was home including 15 MONTHS. He belonged to the military, they came first, ALWAYS.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:

Not every male is looking for a "dedicated or good wife and mother potential".

Old 06-13-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I wish getting there was easier or faster
Yes, that would be nice. However, if you just do nothing about your self-esteem issues, you will not make ANY progress at all. Next year you will be in the same desperate place. And the next year. And the next.

Because anyone worth having is SCARED OFF the moment they get a whiff of your desperation.

And you have no reason to be desperate. When you are emotionally healthy, the right sort of men will be attracted into your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships