Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 11:49 AM

19,638 posts, read 20,130,445 times

Advertisements

Balancing masculine/feminine energy within oneself is the key. As is investing in a mate whose energy is complimentary to yours. Any imbalances will generally become seriously problematic, resulting in constant power struggles. So basically, know who the f you're dealing with before you commit..lol

Old 06-13-2016, 12:30 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And most women are not attracted to passive men.
I think it's safe to say that all women and all men avoid those types .

Old 06-13-2016, 12:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
First off, shooting video games is not manly.lol!
And Funy man I don't think you could handle a dominate woman.hahaha!

And lastly no one likes total domination. Partial is fine.

Also knowing when to give and take.

I like a strong man who can hold his own but not be a j***-arse.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:58 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,351,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonPinkieus View Post
I have noticed with past boyfriends including the one I am currently involved with being seen as tough and dominate is a huge thing. Sure they can vary in different ways and they can be more or less caring and understanding, but for example my current bf as well as other past boyfriends really love their shoot/kill and destroy video games. I know it may seem as a minor thing to complain about but to me it just seems like an adolescent male power fantasy, am I the only one?
While I've dated men who play FPS games, they are NOT the type who need to posture or assert their dominance, nor are they macho men (macho man syndrome). I wouldn't have dated them if they were.

I've played violent video games. I actually play quite a few "mature" games with my husband, and though he can look imposing, he's a total softy, and the opposite of "alpha." That's pretty much been the case for all of the men I've dated.

I don't think video games, and by extension, TV shows and movies, are the issue, but they can give "macho men" space to act out their uber machoness. If their MMS is unchecked and unpacked it can become a problem.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:59 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,427,520 times
Everyone likes domination in people as long as that domination makes up for something they lack or gives them something they want.

People are fickle and selfish regardless of their proclamations of being otherwise. They simply want what they want. People,get in to relationships because they desire something they cannot achieve on their own. It's a selfish act that requires a degree of selflessness and understanding to last, but it's rooted in self motivations.

A total domination of everything in essence is just taking away another's control...and nobody in this day and age is going to be ok for very long having their lives run for them. They want the right to reserve the ability to take actions of and when they desire to take them.

It is also important to understand that "Confidence" and "domination" are two totally different traits.

Last edited by rego00123; 06-13-2016 at 01:20 PM..

Old 06-13-2016, 01:02 PM

6,304 posts, read 8,992,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
A total domination of everything in essence is just taking away another's control...and nobody in this day and age is going to be ok for very long having their lives run for them. They want the right to reserve the ability to take actions of and when they desire to take them.
Not everyone.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:03 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Everyone likes domination in people as long as that domination makes up for something they lack or gives them something they want.

People are fickle and selfish regardless of their proclamations of being otherwise. They simply want what they want. People,get in to relationships because they desire something they cannot achieve on their own. It's a selfish act that requires a degree of selflessness and understanding to last, but it's rooted in self motivation.

It is also important to understand that "Confidence" and "domination" are two totally different traits.
Often times they're polar opposites.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:05 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,351,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I just heard the phrase not too long ago actually. I haven't seen a relationship like this yet where the man was respected. Either by the women he's with or the people around him.

I don't think "modernism" of culture has anything to do with it but the issue is more biological in nature.
What does that even mean? Making him a sammich when he rings a bell? In what way or situation does the man warrant respect vs. mutual respect for both parties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Why does anyone need to "take the lead" in a relationship?
This. I know, I know... "feminized men have bought into women's lib and the nonsense that is egalitarian relationships."

Old 06-13-2016, 01:06 PM

28,624 posts, read 18,677,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I agree with this and it may be one of the reasons I exhaust men that I attract. I am uncontrollable and want to run my own life. They can conform or not, but I don't change for anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
No I want a confident man that meets me halfway in the relationship. But when we disagree, I have tie breaking authority...
Sounds like you're not willing to compromise and actually want a man you can control.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,738 times
I just mean why guys need to constantly feel super violent about things. Like in video games the ultra gory games are the biggest sellers and are especially egregious. Why the need for the immature power fantasy at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.