Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 04:53 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,140,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
We as the motorcycle rider see what the clueless car driver is doing. We the motorcycle rider have full ability to move away from clueless cars that get too close, we the motorcycle rider can keep a safety pocket around us, we the motorcycle rider are in full control of how close we ride to a car or how close a car rides to us.

You are incorrect in every single assumption you have made other than the fact that there are very bad car drivers.

We the motorcycle rider are fully aware...at least many of us...of the idiotic incompetent bad car drivers on the road. If you are a wise motorcyclists you keep your distance from them.
Then why are you, the motorcycle rider, experiencing 26 times more fatalities over the car driver...

Why are you, the motorcycle rider, at least almost half responsible for those accidents...

Both of these statements are according to the statistics you reposted, claiming they are interesting.

To deny those stats almost hints at a special interest. It wouldn't surprise me if you and your partner owned a Harley dealership, or made your living somehow according to how many people ride.

You make yourself sound like God's gift to motorcycle riding, and a claim of 40 years with absolutely no injuries IS quite the accomplishment if you have been actively riding daily - and not just a part-time weekend warrior. You have obviously been very lucky, and I'm sure you are not the only person out there who has.

Funny thing about good luck, the longer you experience it, the higher the odds become stacked against you. Luck inevitably runs out over time. Any gambler will tell you that.

I guess one would have to play Dirty Harry and ask the OP, "You feelin' lucky, punk?" *shrugs*

P.S. I saw a stat somewhere that claimed female ridership is on the rise - 12.9% of riders as of 2012 - but it quoted no source.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:03 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,232,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Then why are you, the motorcycle rider, experiencing 26 times more fatalities over the car driver...
Why are you, the motorcycle rider, at least almost half responsible for those accidents...

Both of these statements are according to the statistics you reposted, claiming they are interesting.
You don't even understand how to interpret the stats.

There are many variables that contribute. I suggest you carefully understand the stats before yapping as if you have it all figured out.
Quote:
To deny those stats almost hints at a special interest. It wouldn't surprise me if you and your partner owned a Harley dealership, or made your living somehow according to how many people ride.
Deny? Don't put words in my mouth.

Also your assumptions are off the charts. I would not touch a Harley if it's the last motorcycle to choose from. I am sport bike kinda girl.
Quote:
You make yourself sound like God's gift to motorcycle riding, and a claim of 40 years with absolutely no injuries IS quite the accomplishment if you have been actively riding daily - and not just a part-time weekend warrior. You have obviously been very lucky, and I'm sure you are not the only person out there who has.
You make yourself sound like a very bitter human.

It's a huge accomplishment, when compared to the statics (that you keep harping about), to have 40 years of riding under your belt without any collision with cars or any major accidents.

But how would you know? You don't have the faintest understanding about motorcycle riding. Go growl at someone else.
Quote:
Funny thing about good luck, the longer you experience it, the higher the odds become stacked against you. Luck inevitably runs out over time. Any gambler will tell you that.
Funny thing is, you don't have any idea what you are talking about.
Quote:
I guess one would have to play Dirty Harry and ask the OP, "You feelin' lucky, punk?" *shrugs*
Punk? Speak for yourself.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:06 AM

Quote:
You don't even understand how to interpret the stats.

There are many variables that contribute. I suggest you carefully understand the stats before yapping as if you have it all figured out.
Deny? You don't put words in my mouth.

Also your assumptions are off the charts. I would not touch a Harley if it's the last motorcycle to choose from. I am sport bike kinda girl.
You make yourself sound like a bitter human.

It's a huge accomplishment when compared to the statics to have 40 years of riding under your belt without any collision with cars or any major accidents.

But how would you know? You don't have the faintest understanding about motorcycle riding. Go growl at someone else.
Funny thing is, you don't have any idea what you are talking about.
Punk? Speak for yourself.
Lol! Anyone who has studied the math of Statistics knows anything 5% or higher is significant. Sounds like I struck a nerve. Sorry. *shrugs*

Old 06-17-2016, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Lol! Anyone who has studied the math of Statistics knows anything 5% or higher is significant. Sounds like I struck a nerve. Sorry. *shrugs*
LOL you again show you have no understanding of what you are talking about.

Epic failure once again.

It's clear that you have a nerve that's been stuck. I am a happy peaceful girl and not the one spewing motorcycle statistical ignorance and hate.

Zoom Zoom!

Old 06-17-2016, 05:11 AM

It's truly disturbing seeing this behavior here in this thread from all of the folks who have never ridden a motorcycle.

Human intelligence is imperfect, surely, and newly arisen. The ease with which it can be sweet talked, over whelmed or subverted by other hard wired tendencies, sometimes, themselves disguised as right of reason is truly worrisome.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:14 AM

Quote:
It's truly disturbing seeing this behavior here in this thread from all of the folks who have never ridden a motorcycle.

Human intelligence is imperfect, surely, and newly arisen. The ease with which it can be sweet talked, over whelmed or subverted by other hard wired tendencies, sometimes, themselves disguised as right of reason is truly worrisome.
There are plenty of people posting here that have and do ride. They are intelligent enough to acknowledge the danger. They seem like true 1%ers to me. <3

Old 06-17-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
There are plenty of people posting here that have and do ride. They are intelligent enough to acknowledge the danger. They seem like true 1%ers to me. <3
Anyone who has any intelligence could understand the stats from that link.

No there are not plenty here who ride. I have only seen maybe 3?

Yes I am very lucky in life but that's not why I have not crashed. I am a very skilled, experienced, and safe rider. Check out the stats for sport touring bikes vs. cruisers. Check out age, check out gender. You clearly don't understand the stats in that link.

Your issues have nothing to do with me.

You need to stop the misinformation. You don't know what you are talking about.

You have made assumption after assumption about me without any merit or truth. You simply don't know what your are talking about with respect to motorcycling or with respect to me.

I suggest you deal with your issues.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Anyone who has any intelligence could understand the stats from that link.

No there are not plenty here who ride. I have only seen maybe 3?

Yes I am very lucky in life but that's not why I have not crashed. I am a very skilled, experienced, and safe rider.

Your issues have nothing to do with me.

You need to stop the misinformation. You don't know what you are talking about.

You have made assumption after assumption about me without any merit or truth.

I suggest you deal with your issues.
Matadora, you may know 3 people posting on this thread personally, but its an anonymous forum. Unless you are claiming to be channeling the Worldwide Web and are psychic too, then you have no idea who anyone truly is.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Matadora, you may know 3 people posting on this thread personally, but its an anonymous forum. Unless you are claiming to be channeling the Worldwide Web and are psychic too, then you have no idea who anyone truly is.
Oh but you just claimed that there are plenty of riders here. LOL

So unless you are claiming to be channeling the Worldwide Web and are psychic too, then you have no idea who truly rides.

If you have nothing to contribute to this thread other than personal attacks on me then you are wasting your time.

You have zero motorcycle riding experience. I wonder what your real motive is here?

Old 06-17-2016, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Oh but you just claimed that there are plenty of riders here. LOL

So unless you are claiming to be channeling the Worldwide Web and are psychic too, then you have no idea who anyone truly is.

If you have nothing to contribute to this thread other than personal attacks on me then you are wasting your time.

You have zero motorcycle riding experience. I wonder what your real motive is here?
Never claimed to be psychic. But I do claim to usually have a pretty good ability to read and comprehend. I also tend to have a very high tolerance for people who have an opinion other than mine. I'm not prefect however, sometimes people have been successful at getting my goat.

I will just leave you to wonder about what experience I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.