Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 01:58 AM

3 posts, read 2,871 times

Advertisements

I'm 25, she's 23, we were together for half a year. I ended the relationship because my trust in her had faded (it's quite a long story, I've talked about it with lots of people and everyone's telling me I made the right choice), basically, among other things, she was keeping contact with her past partners who she knew wanted only one thing - sex - they had some really disturbing conversations (she let me read them one time when she was drunk) about asking her to come over to their place and Mod cut. etc and she still kept chatting with one of them and didn't want to cut contact with him even though I told her that for me it was really disturbing.

So one evening I sat down with her, explained my reasons and ended the relationship, and even though she cried, she said she understood; but because we still had very strong feeling for each other, we stayed together for 2 weeks, during which we did everything we had done during our relationship - went out, stayed at each other's place for the night, made love and cuddled etc. She told me I was the most special thing that had ever happened to her in her life. We constantly found ourselves saying that it feels like we've known each other long before even meeting, we were like a perfect match, and I truly loved her. But during those two weeks, she never even once mentioned that she would want to rebuild our relationship.

Then she started seeing new people and one night she stayed at someone's place with some group of people. I'm a very jealous man, she knows it, and because of that I told her that I can't go on like that because I can't stand the thought of her being with other guys while I on the other hand am not seeing anyone - she knew everything I was doing and where I was going, just like during our relationship. I told her, because of that, I had to start forgetting her.

We didn't talk for 5 days, but I thought about her every day. On the 6th day I visited her and said I want her back. She was reluctant. Later I found out that during these 5 days she had already found a new guy and they had already slept, and they have been together ever since for about 2.5 months now.

Is it really possible to get over someone who supposedly was "the most special person in the world" like that, in such a short time - basically less than a month after ending the relationship and then staying together for 2 weeks?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-16-2016 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Not PG-13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 02:09 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,253,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeses View Post
Is it really possible to get over someone who supposedly was "the most special person in the world" like that, in such a short time - basically less than a month after ending the relationship and then staying together for 2 weeks?
Apparently so.

You guys were only together for 6 months and if you were really "the most special person in the world" she would not have been keeping contact with her past partners who she knew wanted only one thing - sex.

Many young folks don't really know which way is up when it comes to love. Growing pains for sure.

Sorry.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:23 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Lets see, you broke up with her because you can't trust her, she keeps contact with past lovers who constantly want Mod cut......What makes her so special again?

Dude, it's over! Move on.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-16-2016 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Not PG-13.

Old 06-16-2016, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lets see, you broke up with her because you can't trust her, she keeps contact with past lovers who constantly want [snip].....What makes her so special again?

Dude, it's over! Move on.
Yes, I am trying to move on. But that's very difficult to do when I can't understand what was going on. To this day she still insists that she truly loved me and that she will never have such a special connection with someone as she had with me (and quite honestly, I feel exactly the same about her...). When she was already with the new guy, I questioned the love she supposedly had towards me, and she got really upset, started crying and hitting me (not so hard that it hurt). I just don't understand, and that is preventing me from moving on. It's such a damn (I'm sorry I can't find a better word) Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-16-2016 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 06-16-2016, 04:27 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,708,981 times
You dumped her. She doesn't owe you anything, not even an explanation.

Old 06-16-2016, 04:38 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
it's possible to love many people throughout your lifetime, If it where not nobody would be able to move on passed their first true love and die alone.

Your broke it off with her and she went looking for someone else to please her needs and found them. Whatever her reasons, it is what it is now.

Old 06-16-2016, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
You dumped her. She doesn't owe you anything, not even an explanation.
A week after I first visited her and said I wanted her back, we met again at her place. I explained again why I wanted her back, why she was so special to me etc. And then she unzipped my pants and we ended up in bed, after which we cooked and took a shower together, she wanted me to stay and we kissed and cuddled the whole night. The same thing repeated again a week later. And then I found out that she had been together with the new guy the whole time and they had already slept a few days after I had cut contact with her.

So I think she does owe me an explanation

Old 06-16-2016, 05:04 AM

11,393 posts, read 24,436,628 times
Sounds complicated. There's nothing you can do with regards to her except cut ties and move on.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:30 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
So based on all of that, WHY are you surprised at all that she's already hooked up? Are you a masochist? How and why do you even know about all this stuff? Forget her.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:32 AM

22,556 posts, read 47,605,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeses View Post

So I think she does owe me an explanation
No.
She doesn't.
YOU broke it off with her.
She was then free to do whatever she wanted with whomever she wanted.

Why you want her back - when you had valid reasons to end the relationship in the first place - is beyond me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships