Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2016, 07:32 PM

52,246 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yeah I understand many of my friends eat too fast. I eat slow always have.I savory my food. My problem is I'm a stress eater. When I worry or I'm upset. I'm also up and down on being active on the weekend.
Mrs. Chow's mom is probably the slowest eater I've ever seen, I don't know how she does it. We'll go out to dinner and she's always the last to be eating and I'm talking way longer than the rest of the table. Maybe she's got it down, IDK, she's always the type to be on a diet of sorts. She's really good about not eat too much food.

Mrs.. Chow's dad ate so little I don't know how his body managed to exist. He was an older guy and he was a pretty small guy so I'm sure with the two of those he probably didn't need a lot of calories.

We'd take him to dinner and he'd get say meatball soup and he's just skim the broth off and there'd be a bunch of meatballs and veggies in the bowl still when he was done. I'm like how does he survive LOL????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 07:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Mrs. Chow's mom is probably the slowest eater I've ever seen, I don't know how she does it. We'll go out to dinner and she's always the last to be eating and I'm talking way longer than the rest of the table. Maybe she's got it down, IDK, she's always the type to be on a diet of sorts. She's really good about not eat too much food.

Mrs.. Chow's dad ate so little I don't know how his body managed to exist. He was an older guy and he was a pretty small guy so I'm sure with the two of those he probably didn't need a lot of calories.

We'd take him to dinner and he'd get say meatball soup and he's just skim the broth off and there'd be a bunch of meatballs and veggies in the bowl still when he was done. I'm like how does he survive LOL????

Maybe he has a digestive issue?

Old 09-10-2016, 08:42 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Sitting in the family room watching the first episode of Star Trek. Sitting here thinking there needs to be more bookshelves in here. Always wanted a full on library.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Maybe he has a digestive issue?
No, he just ate like a little tiny bird. He's dead now, so he's not eating much at all I imagine.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:21 PM

Oh man, these steaks turned out to be lovely. I wish that they were just a bit bigger. Got a nice got crust on the outside and a bit of pink in the middle(TWSS) and man, came out nice. Just salt and pepper and a little garlic power and these mothers are the best. LOL.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:16 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
I lost 5lbs. First week already. I'm not a heavy drinker at all. When I go out I have one or two.My job is active so it helps with the combo of exercise and cutting down my food.
Congrats! I lost 120 or so pounds about 6-7 years ago and I've managed to keep it off, despite everyone always being skeptical that I would!

I always recommend that people who just wanna cut out a few calories, should try not to drink anything with calories, or drink as little as possible. I personally try to drink very minimal beverages with calories, just because there's a lot of zero calorie drink options, whereas there's not as many zero calorie food options. I do drink zero calorie soda, despite everyone arguing how healthy it is. But for me, I've just been more worried about maintaining my weight more than being healthy. I'll eat unhealthy foods too, as long as it falls into my calorie budget that I make for myself. I also figure that if I wanna indulge in extra calories, I'd rather eat 500 more calories than drink 500 calories.

But whatever works for you! I do count my calories since I finished dieting and have been in the maintenance stage for the last 7 or so years. Some people say it messes them up if they do that, that's fine with me. Whatever works for each individual. I find it easier for me, since I could eat 3000 calories per day and feel fine (if I weren't counting) and can eat 2000 a day and feel just as satisfied. I also count my calories by week and not necessarily by day. So as long as I eat 16500-17000 per week (depending on activity level) I can maintain. Sometimes I'll eat 3000-4000 one day and then eat 1600 for a couple days to balance it out. I only weigh myself once a week too, usually on the same day. I find if I weigh myself multiple times per week, I'll always weigh different and that's quite normal for everyone.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:27 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
TYVMG (gel)
But "my love" is good, too! : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Gel indeed!!! LOL

For next time!
Each time I read the two of you talking about 'gel' I read it Macca's voice!

Old 09-11-2016, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Congrats! I lost 120 or so pounds about 6-7 years ago and I've managed to keep it off, despite everyone always being skeptical that I would!

I always recommend that people who just wanna cut out a few calories, should try not to drink anything with calories, or drink as little as possible. I personally try to drink very minimal beverages with calories, just because there's a lot of zero calorie drink options, whereas there's not as many zero calorie food options. I do drink zero calorie soda, despite everyone arguing how healthy it is. But for me, I've just been more worried about maintaining my weight more than being healthy. I'll eat unhealthy foods too, as long as it falls into my calorie budget that I make for myself. I also figure that if I wanna indulge in extra calories, I'd rather eat 500 more calories than drink 500 calories.

But whatever works for you! I do count my calories since I finished dieting and have been in the maintenance stage for the last 7 or so years. Some people say it messes them up if they do that, that's fine with me. Whatever works for each individual. I find it easier for me, since I could eat 3000 calories per day and feel fine (if I weren't counting) and can eat 2000 a day and feel just as satisfied. I also count my calories by week and not necessarily by day. So as long as I eat 16500-17000 per week (depending on activity level) I can maintain. Sometimes I'll eat 3000-4000 one day and then eat 1600 for a couple days to balance it out. I only weigh myself once a week too, usually on the same day. I find if I weigh myself multiple times per week, I'll always weigh different and that's quite normal for everyone.

Man... major kudos to you for all that work, no doubt. I have to lose about 55 or so pounds and that feels daunting as hell. This is the fattest I've ever been, I've been off of work for awhile now and with all of the wine and beer it's has finally kicked in. LOL. Plus not to mention that I ain't 25 years old anymore, you can eat and drink like an animal when younger and not have any issues, not so much in the later 40's. LOL.......

Old 09-11-2016, 12:47 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post

Yeah I watch what I drink too. Lot's of water. I look up food points or scan the item. I get points back for exercising. I find it harder to diet when I'm pmsing.lol When I'm not,I'm not as hungry.I also weigh in once a week.I did this before not paying for the program and lost 25 lbs. Hope to lose more that I have to mark everything.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:22 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Man... major kudos to you for all that work, no doubt. I have to lose about 55 or so pounds and that feels daunting as hell. This is the fattest I've ever been, I've been off of work for awhile now and with all of the wine and beer it's has finally kicked in. LOL. Plus not to mention that I ain't 25 years old anymore, you can eat and drink like an animal when younger and not have any issues, not so much in the later 40's. LOL.......
Thanks! Another reason that I personally count calories, is that I know that it works for me and my mom is a yo-yo dieter and has lost 100 pounds and gained it back multiple times. I did lose much more than originally intended and still have some belly fat, but it's only visible with my shirt off. It's not even a belly or a gut sticks out, just fat that's part of my stomach. No big deal. I keep saying I'm gonna gain 10 pounds of muscle but it never happens haha.
Quote:
Yeah I watch what I drink too. Lot's of water. I look up food points or scan the item. I get points back for exercising. I find it harder to diet when I'm pmsing.lol When I'm not,I'm not as hungry.I also weigh in once a week.I did this before not paying for the program and lost 25 lbs. Hope to lose more that I have to mark everything.
That's awesome! Feel free to ask if you have any questions! I can try my best to help!

I recommend to everyone dieting to have one cheat day per week. I realize that some may "Relapse" into old habits if they do that though. I did it weekly, although I think I went about two weeks or maybe 10 or 11 days into my original diet, before I had my first cheat day. Then I had one every 6-7 days after that. And after I had gotten under 200 pounds or so, I started having two cheat days every 10 days for about two months, before gradually increasing my calorie intake. I still have a cheat day or two now, even though I'm just maintaining. I was about 277 pounds (I think) on February 18th 2009 and that's when I started. I've been about 165-ish since April of 2010. I'm maybe 160-162 in my boxers, 165 full dressed and in sneakers. All depends on the day of the week and where my glycogen levels are.

I weighed 285 pounds in August of 2007, I believe this was my high water mark. I must have lost 10-12 pounds in the fall of 2007 and maybe out 5-7 back in between then and February 2009. I still have kept the appetite I've had, but I'm able to suppress overeating for the most part. But I do allow myself to indulge a couple days a week and just make up the difference for a few other days. I ride a stationary bike for an hour a day, just to stay in shape she conditioning. And I walk a little bit in the fall through the spring. It's a little hot to walk miles here from late May through September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships