Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 07:58 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I found out through text barrages at around 2am. So many of my friends went, a couple with their daughters, to PA and NH to do what they could. They're just crushed being told they don't matter. The women that I know were sexually assaulted (I'm sure more were than I know) and are open about it are besides themselves, we just elected a person who bragged about sexually assaulting women.

Well, I guess we deserve this, thankfully I live in a sane state, but I'm bummed about what happened to my second love, Wisconsin.
Right? Goofy neighbors... That was also on my text list: "I hear she emailed her concession speech, then destroyed it". - from a so called 'friend' in WI. The one who's last words to me were: "I know you'll vote for pantsuit, you're a woman in the union". The thing is, that's the difference between us, if it were the other way around I wouldn't be texting good morning with: 'na na Na na na". Which is a prime example of the differences. IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 08:27 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I really don't mean to be simplistic, but isn't part of the reason he would've won by a landslide, the fact that he's a man with more experience (and emotional IQ) instead of being a woman in that position? I kept hearing people refer to HC as 'that ol hag', she wasn't older than anyone else worth voting for...the whole thing's just puzzling and surreal.
I'm a woman, and if Bernie was Bernadette she would have got my vote as well. I don't think it is a gender thing. I would have loved to have seen a female president finally. But not this one. She rigged the primaries with her conspirators so Bernie wouldn't have a chance. I am a full time college student and being around our nation's youth gives me a perspective on their thinking. They saw Hillary as an out-of-touch, elitist, establishment type, funded and scaffolded by big finance and corp, not someone who would care too much about young, poor, starving students who are scrambling to carve a life for themselves. Virtually none of my classmates had anything favorable to say about her. If Bernie had been allowed to win the primaries as he would have, I think a lot more of our youngest adults would have shown up yesterday. And we wouldn't have a buffoon for president for the next four years.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:12 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
I'm just numb. I went to bed early last night because the news was making me anxious, fully expecting that when my old timey clock radio went off this morning that Steve Inskeep and Renee Montaigne on Morning Edition would tell me that it was close, but PA, MI, WI, MN, etc went blue and it was a historic day. It's a historic day all right, and I feel like I'm going to puke. All of my non-straight, non-white, non-Christian friends feel betrayed, and I'm so sad for us.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:19 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
All of my non-straight, non-white, non-Christian friends feel betrayed, and I'm so sad for us.
I think Van Jones has it right, this is a whitewashing backlash against the gains of everyone else in the country.

It's a vote for an apartheid system in many ways.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:20 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
I stayed up until 1am, watching the Electoral votes as they came in, then gave up when I saw CNN's prediction that he then had a 95% chance of winning. Hoping I'd wake up to a different outcome. My kids burst into tears and said "But he's so mean to everyone!" I was so bummed, I blew off class this morning and took my bike out instead

Old 11-09-2016, 09:28 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I stayed up until 1am, watching the Electoral votes as they came in, then gave up when I saw CNN's prediction that he then had a 95% chance of winning. Hoping I'd wake up to a different outcome. My kids burst into tears and said "But he's so mean to everyone!" I was so bummed, I blew off class this morning and took my bike out instead
I feel really sorry for the parents of young children. What they heck do you tell them? I want you to be the exact opposite of the President?

Old 11-09-2016, 09:35 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
All I could think of to say is that maybe Trump the president will be different from Trump the candidate. What else can we hope for, really?

Old 11-09-2016, 09:37 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
All I could think of to say is that maybe Trump the president will be different from Trump the candidate. What else can we hope for, really?
All we can hope for is that he'll surprise us, which seems so very unlikely, though. The gossip about potential cabinet picks is not very promising.

I don't know how I'm going to handle the holidays with family in the heart of red state Ohio this year. "Going High" is going to be a challenge.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 11-09-2016 at 10:16 AM..

Old 11-09-2016, 09:43 AM

735 posts, read 452,457 times
Just hope we'll survive his presidency without another war or terrorist attack!

Old 11-09-2016, 10:18 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I feel really sorry for the parents of young children. What they heck do you tell them? I want you to be the exact opposite of the President?
Geez, I didn't even think of that. You'd have to just be straight with them I suppose. Sometimes the worst candidate wins....

As a non American, all I'll say is, we're a bit surprised down here. With his commentary on Asia (statements on Japan/Sth Korea to get nukes ) we do feel a little uneasy, about how things might play out in our region.

If I were American, I'd be devastated, & that'd be based on his flimsy policy ... let alone all that other stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships