Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2016, 03:06 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Oh now we're talking!!!!!

Are Indian currys popular over there? It's probably the most popular foreign takeaway or even dish in the UK..

Honestly I love them

Pilau rice recipe - goodtoknow This is the rice you want mate
Yeah, that rice looks good as hell. I'd be all over that. I'll have to try that next time we eat Indian. I usually just get the plain basmati, but I'll try that for sure. The naan bread is the best, especially the garlic version.

Damn, just ate and I'm getting hungry again. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 03:15 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, it's pretty popular here, but Thai and Chinese are way more popular. It's funny, but it was an English dude I was working with years and years back that sorta turned me on to it. Back then I wasn't too adventurous with foods. We went and I was just blown away by it. Love curry and a lot of the foods are just really flavorful. They use a lot of spices and flavorings that just aren't seen in typical American fare. The people I know either really enjoy Indian or they don't care for it all. That has been my experience.

I have a friend that I email with and I'm trying to convince her to go try some Indian food. Her town has just one restaurant though, so if it sucks, she's going to have the wrong impression of it.

Mrs. Chow never had it before we were together so we went and tried it together and she went crazy for it. We get it fairly often these days.

Nowadays we're both pretty adventurous and will try just about anything, at least once.

Peruvian food is some good ass stuff. Had Cuban food a few times too and that was some good flavorful stuff as well.
I'm the opposite and not at all adventurous with food.... Chinese I'm not too keen on to be honest except for special fried rice or chow mein ( noodles )...

It's quite funny because theres actually a Chinese takeaway place that has a menu ... but it's only in Chinese with no English translation lmao

Yeah with curries a tikka masala is quite mild like a korma ( coconut flavour ) but it's usually done by " ranks " when it comes to spice.... plain..... madras ( quite hot )....... vindeloo ( Effing hot ) and the worst of the worst is phall.... it's famous and even I don't know one that's finished one lol, it's usually either chicken or lamb.

You want to try the starters as well.... chicken/lamb tikka, sheek kebab etc

Hispanic food I've never tried even in Spain.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that rice looks good as hell. I'd be all over that. I'll have to try that next time we eat Indian. I usually just get the plain basmati, but I'll try that for sure. The naan bread is the best, especially the garlic version.

Damn, just ate and I'm getting hungry again. LOL.
Oh forgot try keema Naan ... it has a mild spiced lamb mince meat in the naan

Old 12-26-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I'm the opposite and not at all adventurous with food.... Chinese I'm not too keen on to be honest except for special fried rice or chow mein ( noodles )...

It's quite funny because theres actually a Chinese takeaway place that has a menu ... but it's only in Chinese with no English translation lmao

Yeah with curries a tikka masala is quite mild like a korma ( coconut flavour ) but it's usually done by " ranks " when it comes to spice.... plain..... madras ( quite hot )....... vindeloo ( Effing hot ) and the worst of the worst is phall.... it's famous and even I don't know one that's finished one lol, it's usually either chicken or lamb.

You want to try the starters as well.... chicken/lamb tikka, sheek kebab etc

Hispanic food I've never tried even in Spain.
We've got a couple of good Spanish restaurants in our city and the one we went to was really good. Never had Spanish food before. They cook with a lot of sherry and that has a pretty unique flavor. Not all dishes of course but it's in a food.

They are famous for Paella which is a rice dish with a boatload of various meats, a lot of seafood acutally. I'm not too keen on Seafood, I wished I did like it more as it can be heathy unlike the good ol' fashioned English fish and chips, which I just love the hell out of. Drizzle a little of that vinegar over it and man, good stuff.

Mexican food is probably one of my tops in terms of food. Here in So Cal, also known as "north Mexico", you can't drive a few blocks without bumping into a Mexican food place. Love it. The problem with Mexican food is that it's hard to "healthy" it up, you can, but not as easy as other food. I suppose that's what makes it so good.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
We've got a couple of good Spanish restaurants in our city and the one we went to was really good. Never had Spanish food before. They cook with a lot of sherry and that has a pretty unique flavor. Not all dishes of course but it's in a food.

They are famous for Paella which is a rice dish with a boatload of various meats, a lot of seafood acutally. I'm not too keen on Seafood, I wished I did like it more as it can be heathy unlike the good ol' fashioned English fish and chips, which I just love the hell out of. Drizzle a little of that vinegar over it and man, good stuff.

Mexican food is probably one of my tops in terms of food. Here in So Cal, also known as "north Mexico", you can't drive a few blocks without bumping into a Mexican food place. Love it. The problem with Mexican food is that it's hard to "healthy" it up, you can, but not as easy as other food. I suppose that's what makes it so good.
Italian is GREAT!!! Also ( we will be here all night going through cuisine )

I hate seafood except for tuna and yup cod ... so fish and chips and LASHINGS of salt and vinegar is the order of the day

Yeah I've not had Mexican either but it's the old saying " do you want something healthy or something nice? "..... you know which I'd prefer

I'm probably the most unhealthy Eater I know mate... yes I'm about 2 stone heavier since I've turned 30 a couple of years ago but damn it!!! .... I even fancy Burger King right now lol

Old 12-26-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Italian is GREAT!!! Also ( we will be here all night going through cuisine )

I hate seafood except for tuna and yup cod ... so fish and chips and LASHINGS of salt and vinegar is the order of the day

Yeah I've not had Mexican either but it's the old saying " do you want something healthy or something nice? "..... you know which I'd prefer

I'm probably the most unhealthy Eater I know mate... yes I'm about 2 stone heavier since I've turned 30 a couple of years ago but damn it!!! .... I even fancy Burger King right now lol
Italian food is great. It's more than the just red sauces dishes. Good stuff. Are you talking about the American fast food chain "burger king" cause we have one just down the street and it's ok, the smaller mom and pop joints here have better burgers in my opinion, but we do get BK sometimes. We're trying to eat less fast food these days. I'm packing on too much weight, especially since I've been off of work. At work I could walk 5 miles a day fairly easily, so that helped on that front.

Mrs. Chow's dad was Mexican and his Mexican gf would cook up some of the best homemade Mexican food. Good stuff. I miss her cooking. One time I ate so much food that she made that I thought I was going to have to go to a damn emergency room!! I was so miserable and packed to the hilt. Worse than any thanksgiving day meal for sure. I've really cut back when it comes to eating too much. I find that if you eat slower and plan to not finish your food that you can actually get pretty sated on smaller portions.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Italian food is great. It's more than the just red sauces dishes. Good stuff. Are you talking about the American fast food chain "burger king" cause we have one just down the street and it's ok, the smaller mom and pop joints here have better burgers in my opinion, but we do get BK sometimes. We're trying to eat less fast food these days. I'm packing on too much weight, especially since I've been off of work. At work I could walk 5 miles a day fairly easily, so that helped on that front.

Mrs. Chow's dad was Mexican and his Mexican gf would cook up some of the best homemade Mexican food. Good stuff. I miss her cooking. One time I ate so much food that she made that I thought I was going to have to go to a damn emergency room!! I was so miserable and packed to the hilt. Worse than any thanksgiving day meal for sure. I've really cut back when it comes to eating too much. I find that if you eat slower and plan to not finish your food that you can actually get pretty sated on smaller portions.

HAHAHAHA!!! I'm like that ...

The biggest meal I regularly eat is actually an Indian curry..... chicken curry, pilau rice, chicken/lamb starter, sheet kebab, one quarter of tandoori chicken, keema naan, poppadoms, and salad! ..... it's about two plates worth and it's that damn good I eat the whole lot in under 10 minutes

My ex was Italian... and yup she could cook as well 😍😍😍

When I'm at work I must do about 5 miles myself but as I only choose to work in central London I usually walk to and from work.... so must be between 7-10 miles a day plus so yeah that helps but as soon as you stop...

I'm at around 195-200lbs US I'm guessing now but I'm Jan I've got a start lined up which will be 10 hour shifts ( or another I might take which is 8-3 so 7 hours ) so I'll be fit as f again

Old 12-26-2016, 06:47 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:

I love Tex-mex. It's my second favorite cuisine after Lebanese. I got to go Mesa Grill ( Flay's joint ) a few months ago, and while it was good, it couldn't touch a Mexican dish I got in Chicago of all places. Thanks guys, now I'm getting hungry.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I love Tex-mex. It's my second favorite cuisine after Lebanese. I got to go Mesa Grill ( Flay's joint ) a few months ago, and while it was good, it couldn't touch a Mexican dish I got in Chicago of all places. Thanks guys, now I'm getting hungry.
I've watched Bobby's shows over the years and he definitely likes Tex Mex. He's done a lot of recipes over the years.

I love Tex Mex. Good stuff. I can talk about food all day. I'm getting ready to go make a simple dish called "cheesy taco skillet" it's not healthy at all, but screw it, it's still the holidays, sorta, so we're going easy tonight.

Cheesy Beef Taco Skillet Recipe - Food.com

Old 12-26-2016, 07:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
I've watched Bobby's shows over the years and he definitely likes Tex Mex. He's done a lot of recipes over the years.

I love Tex Mex. Good stuff. I can talk about food all day. I'm getting ready to go make a simple dish called "cheesy taco skillet" it's not healthy at all, but screw it, it's still the holidays, sorta, so we're going easy tonight.

Cheesy Beef Taco Skillet Recipe - Food.com
That's awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships