Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 01:08 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
The last few years we have been having very strange winters. The ski slopes all added zipling for summer business which is on my bucket list
I'd love to do that, too.

Quote:
Dork to me means klutzy or goofy. Not a bad thing in my book I have been called a dork by my granddaughter in the sweetest possible way

I would be one who could not tell the difference between an Englishman and and Australian. I'd have to have them side by side to understand the difference.
Like Chow said, he's really good at that. I'm a little better now because I pay more attention. Sometimes he'll joke around and do a certain accent for whatever reason, and then I'll try to do it. He just howls with laughter.

Quote:
Ugh…that NY accent. Mike's family is so funny to listen to…not quite as bad as My Cousin Vinnie…but close. He still sounds NY but not too bad Somehow I ended up neutral. Most people cannot tell where I am from. Oh and the south can be very different. NC to TN is big. The slow drawl I can understand but when I first moved to NC well that was another planet, lol. They sounded like they had cotton in their mouth and their tongues just couldn't form the words. Maybe it was chew
lol Chow's dad was from Brooklyn, and his stepmom was from the South. To listen to them both talking was pretty fun. lol

Quote:
I saw that. I don't watch much TV but U saw The Bone Collector and since I read the book I may try to catch the movie.

Coffee time here. Gotta go chat with my honey
Have fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
It's another beautiful day in MI. The garage is going to get a good straightening out. I came across a table with caters that I can use for a work bench. So I'm excited about that. Yeah, I get excited over the weirdest, simplest, cheapest things. Ha!
Chow always tries to avoid telling me when he's throwing something out. I'm always like, "It's a shame to throw that out. I know I can do something with it." The last item in question was a big piece of poster board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
This reminds me of when I went to visit friends in Vegas. I was also there to meet someone I met through AOL. This was about 15 or so years ago. Before we went to meet him, we were dancing in a club. My friend's cousin was there and he positively reeked of cologne. I was thinking that I was going to show up to meet this guy smelling all of cologne. LOL.
There's always a lot of talk in some of the threads about how some people don't like perfume/cologne, or are allergic, or hate how people use too much, etc. It's funny, but I rarely notice people wearing it anymore, or at least being drenched in it.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:31 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
There's always a lot of talk in some of the threads about how some people don't like perfume/cologne, or are allergic, or hate how people use too much, etc. It's funny, but I rarely notice people wearing it anymore, or at least being drenched in it.
Can't remember the last time I wore any. Loves baby soft? Sweet Honesty? .
Just bath and body works lotion....mmm

Old 02-19-2017, 01:37 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Our next door neighbor drowns herself in whatever it is, Mrs. Chow forgot to mention her as this neighbor is a bit of a shut-in type.

She douses herself VERY liberally with whatever potion it happens to be because I can smell where she's been in the condo complex, whether it's the elevators or the parking structure.

It's some nasty old lady smelling crapola too. LOL. Sorry to be harsh, but man, it's aggravating at times.

When I was a kid I worked at a hardware store and was a cashier at one point and they used to have us in a booth type thing, it was usually two people and I used to get stuck with this girl that used to drown herself in that perfume from the late 80's, Poison.

It was friggin poison alright, about passed out every time I got stuck in that booth with her. LOL

Old 02-19-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
lol

I like to wear scented lotion, too. It seems to last longer on me than perfume does.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:38 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I miss some of the old-school perfumes. The other day I ordered some Jovan Musk oil off of Amazon, but it will not get here until Tuesday. I guess it's not enough for me just to listen to 80s music all the time. I want to smell like the 80s too.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:33 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Our next door neighbor drowns herself in whatever it is, Mrs. Chow forgot to mention her as this neighbor is a bit of a shut-in type.

She douses herself VERY liberally with whatever potion it happens to be because I can smell where she's been in the condo complex, whether it's the elevators or the parking structure.

It's some nasty old lady smelling crapola too. LOL. Sorry to be harsh, but man, it's aggravating at times.

When I was a kid I worked at a hardware store and was a cashier at one point and they used to have us in a booth type thing, it was usually two people and I used to get stuck with this girl that used to drown herself in that perfume from the late 80's, Poison.

It was friggin poison alright, about passed out every time I got stuck in that booth with her. LOL
There are a couple of women at work like that.

I wear it very sparingly and very infrequently. IMHO, if you have to put a gallon on, you probably just need a shower.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:43 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
There are a couple of women at work like that.

I wear it very sparingly and very infrequently. IMHO, if you have to put a gallon on, you probably just need a shower.
The neighbor lady is nice enough, when we had our cat we'd let him play in the courtyard area and we'd be out there with him and she'd come out and chat with us once in a while. She's a cat owner so we'd talk about the kitties or whatever. It was nice because even though she seems a bit like a shut-in she was always up on the latest and greatest goings on with our condo community. She's part of the HOA board so I figure that's probably how she's up to speed. It was just odd because she'd always fill us in on the latest gossip, LOL, not that were into that, but it was just sorta funny.

Apparently there is a woman that lives on the 3rd floor and she's, let's just say a friendly gal, she's referred to as the "wh7re on the third floor." Funny as I wouldn't noticed or paid any attention.

She also likes to prop open her door slightly so that her cat can come and go and sometimes on the wind I can smell her perfume mixed in with the litter box that is overdue for a cleaning.

IDK, we kept up on our litter box and the house as far as I can tell never smelled, I would always do a smell check upon entry to our place.

This lady's place, IDK, definitely needs to stay on top of that kitty box. Whew... sorta bad if you can sometimes smell it out in the courtyard of our place.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:04 PM

I still find the concept of a litter box funny. Can you imagine if we did that ourselves? That would never happen, but it's okay to let theirs languish around in the box, stinking up the house. lol Every time our cat would go, I'd scoop it the blank out of there. I also feel sorry for the cats having to dig around in that.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:13 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I think people get nose blind to their perfume/cologne, so they keep putting on more so they smell it not realizing that everyone else smells it just fine. One of my coworkers has regular meetings with my office mate, and you can smell that she's been there for hours afterward. And they never douse themselves in something I might not mind smelling, like Chanel No. 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships