Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 10:17 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
That's odd because I was checking the NHL standings and playoff possibilities while watching this last episode, too. Would have never done that the first few seasons. I'm not one to be overly critical of a TV show, but this one seems to be over extended.
Sometimes I even flip over to a game during commercial break, which usually gets me slapped by the old lady or her taking the remote out of my hands and turning it back on.

She also agrees that the show has gotten weak.

I don't think the series has been over-extended, it was good last season. It's really been awful this season though. My best friend was unable to catch this week's episode and doesn't have a DVR where he is. He says he's gonna try and catch a replay or something. I told him not to the bother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 10:46 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
We just watched Bad Santa 2 and I'm really surprised by how much more vulgar and crude the movie was from the first one. It was really rude and quite disgusting at times. While funny I wonder if we're just going too far anymore. Hollywood just has to keep ramping it up more and more. This is definitely not for the little ones, I wouldn't want kids to see this gross fratboy humor. I just don't know what to say....

I'm waiting anxiously for the next one.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:39 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I've gone through all the documentaries that seemed to interest to me, can you recommend any? And did you watch Grey Gardens yet? I really think you'd appreciate it--kinda fun yet devastating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un4ZiZ-ZLT8
Grey Gardens looks promising - I hope it's on Netflix now. They had a documentary on a few years ago that stands out the most to me. If you haven't already seen it (Dear Zachary) then do not google it for info - I had no prior knowledge of this story and the way the story unfolds you get the best mileage for impact without knowing the story beforehand. Beautifully done and very moving.

Sea Of Grass has a great list too, we watched quite a few of them too. The Don Rickles one was great!

Old 03-08-2017, 05:08 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,103,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Sometimes I even flip over to a game during commercial break, which usually gets me slapped by the old lady or her taking the remote out of my hands and turning it back on.

She also agrees that the show has gotten weak.

I don't think the series has been over-extended, it was good last season. It's really been awful this season though. My best friend was unable to catch this week's episode and doesn't have a DVR where he is. He says he's gonna try and catch a replay or something. I told him not to the bother.
Awww . . . He calls her "old lady". How sweet. LMAO

Old 03-10-2017, 09:30 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Awww . . . He calls her "old lady". How sweet. LMAO
Grandpa on The Waltons always called Grandma "Old Woman." I often call my wife that (she's 68) and she often calls me "Old Man" (I'm 70). Those can be terms of endearment.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:32 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Grandpa on The Waltons always called Grandma "Old Woman." I often call my wife that (she's 68) and she often calls me "Old Man" (I'm 70). Those can be terms of endearment.
I refer to Mr. CSD as *O Husband O Mine* sometimes and he has me in his phone contacts as
*O Wife O Mine*

Old 03-10-2017, 09:34 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwa9Wh8EZc

OMG, I WANT IT!!!!!

Videos like this really make my day!

Old 03-10-2017, 09:38 AM

Oh, I understand. It's just funny to read it. If us old farts can't chuckle at getting old, we are in trouble.

MG would say, "The hair on my head has moved down to my ears!" LOL. We all know where the girls have gone.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwa9Wh8EZc

OMG, I WANT IT!!!!!

I want a dog. A lab, again.

People want pits, and when they get them, they put them in shelters. SMH. There isn't a big choice of breeds around these parts.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:48 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
OMG, I WANT IT!!!!!

Ha! I have to quit looking at it, my coworker asked if I was "texting with my man" haha
Big dumb smile on my face about a kitten. 😺
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships