Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 09:08 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
...Of course they would not refund me a cent because I did not return the alleged item that I never received. Sigh.
Too bad you didn't send back a more interesting item. 💩
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 11:35 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Too bad you didn't send back a more interesting item. 💩
Ha, ha. Yes I should have but at the time I foolishly thought that they would make things right.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:12 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Ha, ha. Yes I should have but at the time I foolishly thought that they would make things right.
I've never once heard anyone say anything bad about Amazon. I've used them for years and years now and have had good luck. I would think that they should have made it right, they assumed that you were lying or whatever, but I can see someone asleep at the wheel at times and the guy packing your order goofed up. It happens and that's why Amazon should have stepped up.

I sorta liken it to Netflix, we've been members wth them since they first started up and over the years we've had issues with discs getting lost in the mail, not a lot but a few times and they just send out a new one, no questions asked, but most likely because based on how active we are with returning discs and how long we've been members. I can imagine that some people just lie and say a disc was lost in the mail so that they can get freebies, but you can only pull that move so often.

I think that amazon should approach it the same way, but whatever.

I'm really surprised at just how much you can get at amazon, if they don't have it they have sellers on the site like EBay as well. It really is a great organization overall. Sorry you had a crappy experience with them.

Speaking of EBay I've had great luck with them over the years too. I've never been outright screwed over but every time I tried to buy some clothing it never really turned out well. I'd buy stuff and it wouldn't fit as well as I hoped or it looked a little more worse for wear than the pics showed. It seemed like buying clothes for me just didn't work out, I've heard of people who do a lot of clothes shopping and have had success with it. At first I was sorta grossed out buying used clothes, but it's really no different than hitting up thrift stores.

I do draw the line at shoes and drawers though. Ain't gonna go there. LOL

Old 04-06-2017, 09:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
https://youtu.be/bIyjedRGMwE

Awesome cover. Wonder how I made it out of my 20s.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:44 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've never once heard anyone say anything bad about Amazon. I've used them for years and years now and have had good luck. I would think that they should have made it right, they assumed that you were lying or whatever, but I can see someone asleep at the wheel at times and the guy packing your order goofed up. It happens and that's why Amazon should have stepped up.

I sorta liken it to Netflix, we've been members wth them since they first started up and over the years we've had issues with discs getting lost in the mail, not a lot but a few times and they just send out a new one, no questions asked, but most likely because based on how active we are with returning discs and how long we've been members. I can imagine that some people just lie and say a disc was lost in the mail so that they can get freebies, but you can only pull that move so often.

I think that amazon should approach it the same way, but whatever.

I'm really surprised at just how much you can get at amazon, if they don't have it they have sellers on the site like EBay as well. It really is a great organization overall. Sorry you had a crappy experience with them.

Speaking of EBay I've had great luck with them over the years too. I've never been outright screwed over but every time I tried to buy some clothing it never really turned out well. I'd buy stuff and it wouldn't fit as well as I hoped or it looked a little more worse for wear than the pics showed. It seemed like buying clothes for me just didn't work out, I've heard of people who do a lot of clothes shopping and have had success with it. At first I was sorta grossed out buying used clothes, but it's really no different than hitting up thrift stores.

I do draw the line at shoes and drawers though. Ain't gonna go there. LOL
Yes, I feel the same way. I use Amazon frequently and this was my first bad experience. I'm not upset enough to boycott them or anything. It was annoying but I can shrug it off because it was a small, inexpensive item. If it had greater value I would be madder and pursued it further.

I was really more upset because it was meant to be a gift for my husband and I was excited to give it to him. Oh well, better luck next time.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:31 AM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Yes, I feel the same way. I use Amazon frequently and this was my first bad experience. I'm not upset enough to boycott them or anything. It was annoying but I can shrug it off because it was a small, inexpensive item. If it had greater value I would be madder and pursued it further.

I was really more upset because it was meant to be a gift for my husband and I was excited to give it to him. Oh well, better luck next time.
I agree, I think Amazon would fix it, but I get that sometimes it's not worth the trouble.

DontH8Me and RbccL, and whoever else might be interested, I have another documentary to recommend. Can't remember if you guys mentioned it or not. It's called "Alive Inside." On Netflix.

The documentary follows social worker Dan Cohen, founder of the nonprofit organization Music & Memory, as he fights against a broken health-care system to demonstrate music's ability to combat memory loss and restore a deep sense of self to those suffering from it. Rossato-Bennett visits family members who have witnessed the miraculous effects of personalized music on their loved ones, and offers illuminating interviews with experts including renowned neurologist and best-selling author Oliver Sacks (Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain) and musician Bobby McFerrin ("Don't Worry, Be Happy"). Written by -Bond/360

Alive Inside (2014) - IMDb

Old 04-07-2017, 02:44 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
Okay. I need help. I know of a family who is waiting for a wire transfer, but there's a timing issue. The husband is a Vet. They are living in a car with the kids until this wire for housing goes through.

I don't know these people. In fact, they are in another state, but this is truly bothering me. I want to help, but don't know how . . . shy of calling a hotel. UGH

Old 04-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Okay. I need help. I know of a family who is waiting for a wire transfer, but there's a timing issue. The husband is a Vet. They are living in a car with the kids until this wire for housing goes through.

I don't know these people. In fact, they are in another state, but this is truly bothering me. I want to help, but don't know how . . . shy of calling a hotel. UGH
Oh geez that just sounds too suspicious for a smart lady like you...scams depend on kind hearted people thinking they must act now...

Old 04-07-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

DontH8Me and RbccL, and whoever else might be interested, I have another documentary to recommend. Can't remember if you guys mentioned it or not. It's called "Alive Inside." On Netflix.

[i]The documentary follows social worker Dan Cohen, founder of the nonprofit organization Music & Memory, as he fights against a broken health-care system to demonstrate music's ability to combat memory loss...
I haven't heard of that one, and it's right up my alley, Sea! Thanks

Old 04-07-2017, 03:26 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Evening all!!!! Hope you kids have been behaving yourselves?

Just a quick drop in saying hello
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships