Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2017, 09:29 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I saw that. Sad news. Sounds like it was hard going for her in later years.
Yeah, I didn't read more about it. I was hoping it was something natural, but most likely it's a drug overdose. Just like the woman from Different Strokes, Dana Plato, that was another sad story, heck, it was sad story for Gary Coleman too. Todd Bridges had a rough patch but I think he's on the straight and narrow now, at least the last I heard.

IDK, Hollywood seems to do things to people. They probably had it in them and Hollywood and fame just brings it out.

I know I'd probably die from excess if I were a rich famous celebrity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 09:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
I am surprised I've made it this far. It wasn't pretty for Erin. Sounds like she was kicked out of her trailer park. From Hollywood to Indiana.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:22 PM

That small breast thread got me to thinking.

I never really understood why you see all of those ancient roman sculptures of nude men and they always show the twig and berries in such a modest way. I mean surely there had to be a jokester back then that thought to himself, "let's make the next one with a big ol meaty hog"

Course maybe it's just my odd sense of humor at work here.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:27 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That small breast thread got me to thinking.

I never really understood why you see all of those ancient roman sculptures of nude men and they always show the twig and berries in such a modest way. I mean surely there had to be a jokester back then that thought to himself, "let's make the next one with a big ol meaty hog"

Course maybe it's just my odd sense of humor at work here.
Believe it or not, I had an art history prof broach this topic once, with pix to prove it.

Male beauty standards have changed over the centuries, just like those for females, and small (or in most cases flaccid) penises were considered MORE attractive because larger erect ones were a sign of foolish lustiness.

The only statues that showed otherwise were usually representations of satyrs and other creatures who followed Dionysus and were pleasure-seekers instead of the restrained intelligent thinkers and pursuers of knowledge. LOL

Luckily these days we can appreciate a little lustiness in a man

Old 04-23-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Believe it or not, I had an art history prof broach this topic once, with pix to prove it.

Male beauty standards have changed over the centuries, just like those for females, and small (or in most cases flaccid) penises were considered MORE attractive because larger erect ones were a sign of foolish lustiness.

The only statues that showed otherwise were usually representations of satyrs and other creatures who followed Dionysus and were pleasure-seekers instead of the restrained intelligent thinkers and pursuers of knowledge. LOL

Luckily these days we can appreciate a little lustiness in a man

Now to find those visual aids ...
LOL, and here I thought art history was on par with underwater basket weaving. The things we learn.

IDK, I would have sculpted a guy with a big ol meaty schlong. Wouldn't have to be at attention, but nonetheless a giggle inducer for sure.

On a serious note what you're saying makes sense.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
LOL, and here I thought art history was on par with underwater basket weaving. The things we learn.

IDK, I would have sculpted a guy with a big ol meaty schlong. Wouldn't have to be at attention, but nonetheless a giggle inducer for sure.

On a serious note what you're saying makes sense.
It IS pretty funny. Art History is an awesome subject when you get a teacher who shows the parallels between "regular" history and religion etc since most of the works have to be considered in the context of the time when they were made.

But back to penises ...

I remember reading somewhere that Michaelangelo's famous David statue was supposed to have "caught him" in a state of fear before his battle with Goliath, since his body was showing signs of stress and tension and he obviously exhibited what George Costanza memorably called "shrinkage."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 04-23-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It IS pretty funny. Art History is an awesome subject when you get a teacher who shows the parallels between "regular" history and religion etc since most of the works have to be considered in the context of the time when they were made.

But back to penises ...

I remember reading somewhere that Michaelangelo's famous David statue was supposed to have "caught him" in a state of fear before his battle with Goliath, since his body was showing signs of stress and tension and he obviously exhibited what George Costanza memorably called "shrinkage."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I can see it being interesting how art and religion and the history of how those thing have been intertwined way back when. I'm a techie type and STEM person and have sorta picked on things that weren't but as I get older I can appreciate more things and do indeed see the usefulness in studying various subjects, there are more things in this world besides IC transistors. LOL.

Yeah, shrinkage is right because even as a kid I thought why are they showing such a small units on those statues. I thought to myself, put a towel around that things waist so you don't embarrass him. LOL.

IDK. Wiener jokes never get old in this house. Mrs. Chow probably wouldn't agree with me though.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:

IDK. Wiener jokes never get old in this house. Mrs. Chow probably wouldn't agree with me though.
As a woman in a house with 4 men, I can attest that they do not seem to get old.

Which leads to another of my favorite Seinfeld quotes:

Old 04-23-2017, 01:10 PM

Got to love the Seinfeld. It seems like no matter what you can flip around TV channels and find reruns of that show. I know our cable system two different channels that are playing those old reruns. It was a great show, probably one of the best in the last few years. People always sorta cite Mash and Cheers among the best and they were but I think Seinfeld really is up there too. Great writing and all the players were all great, I mean even down to characters like Newman. Great stuff.

There are definitely Seinfeld references dropped around this house on a regular basis.

Larry David is what George's character is loosely based on and while George can get on your nerves a bit at times the show which stars Larry David, Curb your Enthusiasm was more based on the real Larry David and while the show is good he can be really annoying as a person. I don't think that the show held back on how neurotic and grating he is in real life.

The first time we started watching it I turned it off couldn't get into it, but we tried again and I got into it. It's funny but not nearly as good as Seinfeld was/is.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Got to love the Seinfeld. It seems like no matter what you can flip around TV channels and find reruns of that show. I know our cable system two different channels that are playing those old reruns. It was a great show, probably one of the best in the last few years. People always sorta cite Mash and Cheers among the best and they were but I think Seinfeld really is up there too. Great writing and all the players were all great, I mean even down to characters like Newman. Great stuff.

There are definitely Seinfeld references dropped around this house on a regular basis.

Larry David is what George's character is loosely based on and while George can get on your nerves a bit at times the show which stars Larry David, Curb your Enthusiasm was more based on the real Larry David and while the show is good he can be really annoying as a person. I don't think that the show held back on how neurotic and grating he is in real life.

The first time we started watching it I turned it off couldn't get into it, but we tried again and I got into it. It's funny but not nearly as good as Seinfeld was/is.
I never did get into the Larry David show, but we quote Seinfeld and Friends probably daily around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships