Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2017, 03:45 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've kind a of noticed that in all of music history, at least that I can think of that most stars that are huge that their kids that get into the same line of music that they just don't have it.

Frank Sinatra Jr. just didn't have it like his dad did and there are a few other examples, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Hank Williams from way back in the day, he was a revolutionary.

Hank Williams Jr. is a major major influence in post modern outlaw country and he was a major movement and a powerful figure........
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Sr. didn't have it either compared to Ronny James Dio, Rob Halford, and Bruce Dickinson.
LOL, I was gonna add Bing Crosby to my original list, but your list is good. If you kick it up to the harder metal bands I'll add Tom Araya and James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 08:31 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Maybe a one or two hit wonder to some, but I still think Bob Dylan's son Jakob has a nice voice. I think I've listened to this 100 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzyfcys1aLM
That is a terrific song and I've probably listened to it way more than 100 times. The music is haunting and his voice is - to me - way better than his father's. His father was a better writer, though.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:26 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've kind a of noticed that in all of music history, at least that I can think of that most stars that are huge that their kids that get into the same line of music that they just don't have it.

Frank Sinatra Jr. just didn't have it like his dad did and there are a few other examples, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Hank Williams from way back in the day, he was a revolutionary.

Hank Williams Jr. is a major major influence in post modern outlaw country and he was a major movement and a powerful figure........
Not one word mentioned about Nancy. Straight-up sexist.

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yeah...looking forward to it. My neighbors and their inconsiderateness are driving me absolutely nuts. When one can't sleep they start lashing out, so it's good I'm only mostly home to pack. My little orange rescue has saved my sanity. 🐈 Ever have a pet that knows when you're upset or sad and comes to lay right on your head? It's hard to be mad like that.
Aw.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:29 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
The Judds.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pqGOf_V2T4

Old 05-13-2017, 09:37 PM

Love the Judds.

I've got them playing right now on Spotify. Good stuff. Love their music.

Beautiful voices. Of course you have to like old school country music. I do. I really like that older stuff. Newer country doesn't do a thing for me, but that older stuff is great.

New country music is trying to hard too be like pop music and is silly to me and has lost it's way, but whatever. LOL.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:41 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
I've been streaming the likes of Marty Robbins and the older country music.

Yesterday I ended up doing an unplanned repair to my pickup. Caliper hung up, ate the inside brake pad and worked in to the pistons on my brake. I had the tools and know how to make it a pretty painless repair. Except for the two trips to the parts store.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:49 PM

Speaking of Chris Stapleton:

https://youtu.be/bIyjedRGMwE

This cover gives the original a run for the money.

As I sip on some whiskey.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Speaking of Chris Stapleton:

https://youtu.be/bIyjedRGMwE

This cover gives the original a run for the money.

As I sip on some whiskey.
That boy is the real deal.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I've been streaming the likes of Marty Robbins and the older country music.

Yesterday I ended up doing an unplanned repair to my pickup. Caliper hung up, ate the inside brake pad and worked in to the pistons on my brake. I had the tools and know how to make it a pretty painless repair. Except for the two trips to the parts store.
The ol' big iron on my hip. LOL

I like that old timey stuff. Was just playing some of that a day or so ago. Marty Robbins. Hank Williams, a few others from that era.

Old twangy stuff.

I'm more of a new traditionalist when it comes to country. Randy Travis, Allan Jackson, Clint Black, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Brooks and Dunn and let us not forget our fav Bakersfield sound of Dwight Yoakum.

LOL, You get get the idea.

Course I finish it off with some Metallica and Slayer with a little dab of Mastodon just to stay in the new millennia.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:58 PM

My music selection runs by my moods. I had a root canal last winter, they piped Johnny Cash through my headphones. Carry on, doc.

Running up the highway this whistle of the turbo and whine of the tires is also dandy for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships