Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2017, 08:01 PM

10,337 posts, read 5,817,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sometimes it feels like we're drowning in crap anymore, at least to me so it's nice when you hear about these kinds of stories, reminds us that there are still lots of good decent people out there. I know that there are but you know what I mean sometimes.

Inmates who saved guard's life rewarded with shorter sentences
You KNOW the other inmates who weren't there have to be thinking: 'why didn't I say I'd do Cemetery Duty that day?!"
Im not religious, but the best phrase I can think of to represent my thoughts on that situation would be: "There but for the grace of God go I".
You would have done the same thing as those prisoners, wouldn't you Chow?
Me too. I don't think it takes much to find yourself in their situation sometimes ...they're mostly the same as us. IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 08:15 PM

51,847 posts, read 52,247,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You KNOW the other inmates who weren't there have to be thinking: 'why didn't I say I'd do Cemetery Duty that day?!"
Im not religious, but the best phrase I can think of to represent my thoughts on that situation would be: "There but for the grace of God go I".
You would have done the same thing as those prisoners, wouldn't you Chow?
Me too. I don't think it takes much to find yourself in their situation sometimes ...they're mostly the same as us. IMO.
They were all lower level non-violent offenders. In other words they were people that probably just got on the bad side of the law through some dumb choices in life, I don't know, but just guessing.

I was talking with Mrs. Chow about this earlier and I was saying that there are tiers of "bad" people for lack of another term. The moral compass of a large large majority of people are decent or at least somewhat decent. It's the people that can kill for their own personal gain that really separates people in my mind.

These guys are obviously somewhere on the "decent" scale if they did this for the guard.

I know that you and me and most decent people would have done whatever they could to see that the guy was taken care of.

I'll try to think about that more when I'm in one of my curmudgeon modes. LOL.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:08 PM

19,212 posts, read 15,079,779 times
Okay, I came across these two jokes today. I apologize in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever tried eating a clock?

Spoiler
It's very time consuming.

If you're Russian when you go into the bathroom, and Finnish when you get out, what are you while you're in there?

Spoiler
European.

I sure hope artemis sees these.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:11 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,087,515 times
She'll be here all week, folks! Don't forget to tip your waitress!

Old 06-25-2017, 06:56 PM

51,847 posts, read 52,247,919 times
Went to the store and while checking out the bagboy tells the chashier that there is a bird inside the store. The cashier than almost has a meltdown, nearly begins crying. She said that most of the time when a bird gets trapped inside that they end up dying. I too saw the bird he was flying around the store.

I almost felt more sorry for the cashier having a mini-meltdown over the bird than feeling sorry for the bird. I mean I do of course, just sayin

Old 06-26-2017, 02:47 AM

16,233 posts, read 27,273,573 times
So I'm now buying a new flavored water by the case it is so delicious. Crystal Geyser has a sparkling water flavored with peach that really hits the spot on these blistering hot days. I fill the glass with ice cubes and pour the peach water over it - so refreshing. I was getting Perrier or La Croix grapefruit but this peach stuff is less expensive so winner for me right now.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:15 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,450,963 times
RE that thread that got deleted badmouthing me and saying I died! ....

The only explain there is for a troll post like that is " Haters gonna hate " as you would say that side of the pond LMAO

But as I was alerted via personal email of that thread, I've just logged in here for the first time for a while and have a catalogue of DM to return which I'll do when I can.

I'm completely fine now and am just busy with work more than anything so I WILL be returning to CD sooner rather than and my absence is work related and nothing else but thank you for the private messages asking if I'm ok

Old 06-26-2017, 07:32 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,558,485 times
Yeah, that was crazy.

You must have REALLY ticked her off

Old 06-26-2017, 07:59 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,182,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Went to the store and while checking out the bagboy tells the chashier that there is a bird inside the store. The cashier than almost has a meltdown, nearly begins crying. She said that most of the time when a bird gets trapped inside that they end up dying. I too saw the bird he was flying around the store.

I almost felt more sorry for the cashier having a mini-meltdown over the bird than feeling sorry for the bird. I mean I do of course, just sayin
That reminds me of last week, when there was a chipmunk stuck in the parking garage stairwell at work. Chipmunks are one of my totem creatures, and I couldn't see just leaving it there, so I stood there holding the door open trying to figure how to shoo the dang thing out. It just kept looking at me, so I finally found a big rock to chock the door open. I ended up calling upstairs to tell my supervisor I'd be a little late because of that dang chipmunk.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:00 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,182,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
RE that thread that got deleted badmouthing me and saying I died! ....

The only explain there is for a troll post like that is " Haters gonna hate " as you would say that side of the pond LMAO

But as I was alerted via personal email of that thread, I've just logged in here for the first time for a while and have a catalogue of DM to return which I'll do when I can.

I'm completely fine now and am just busy with work more than anything so I WILL be returning to CD sooner rather than and my absence is work related and nothing else but thank you for the private messages asking if I'm ok
Geez, how mean spirited can people be??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships