Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 10:25 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times

Advertisements

It is a sad day when you know more than the auto parts man. That idiot was giving me the runaround in what part I needed. Them told me that a bearing is shot and I should take it to a mechanic. Um, there is no bearing there, sport. If I go back to that parts store they are apt to receive a lecture.

He was an older guy, too. I think his real function is delivery driver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 10:36 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It is a sad day when you know more than the auto parts man. That idiot was giving me the runaround in what part I needed. Them told me that a bearing is shot and I should take it to a mechanic. Um, there is no bearing there, sport. If I go back to that parts store they are apt to receive a lecture.

He was an older guy, too. I think his real function is delivery driver.
You remind me of my brother, who is also a car enthusiast. He likes to mention 'muffler bearings' as a sort of litmus test to see who he's dealing with in the auto parts stores.

The ladies at my local Kragen are quite knowledgeable, I must say. It always surprises me (pleasantly) when females are well versed and know their eat around an auto parts store.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You remind me of my brother, who is also a car enthusiast. He likes to mention 'muffler bearings' as a sort of litmus test to see who he's dealing with in the auto parts stores.

The ladies at my local Kragen are quite knowledgeable, I must say. It always surprises me (pleasantly) when females are well versed and know their eat around an auto parts store.
The days of having breakdown of assemblies or various things are gone. I dropped several clues that my pickup was 4 wheel drive... Three questions later; "is it four wheel drive?" Um, yeah. That's why I need a front axle u joint... The filters must have been working. Because I didn't say it out loud.

I've been using this parts store since I moved back. The girls they have had working there in the past knew what they were talking about.

I might start using a different store.

Some day, I might be a mechanic. I have the garage mostly organized. My next project should be a welding table.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:51 PM

52,251 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Yeah... the ladies these days are getting quite technical and know their stuff, kudos to them. I always said if I ever had a daughter I'd encourage her to be a technical as her aptitude allowed.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:57 PM

If I were to procreate and it was a girl, I'd hope she would be squared away enough to understand what's going on. In case she was broke down somewhere. If she were interested I'd teach what I know. She wanted to spin a wrench, have at it. You know, quality time and parenting.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:35 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah... the ladies these days are getting quite technical and know their stuff, kudos to them. I always said if I ever had a daughter I'd encourage her to be a technical as her aptitude allowed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
If I were to procreate and it was a girl, I'd hope she would be squared away enough to understand what's going on. In case she was broke down somewhere. If she were interested I'd teach what I know. She wanted to spin a wrench, have at it. You know, quality time and parenting.
Awww! That made my day. How progressive and secure.

(I mean compared to some of the opinions I read about what women should do around here...anyway. I doubt thinking this way is new for either of you )

Old 07-24-2016, 05:38 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
I wouldn't even know how to change a tire! lol

Old 07-24-2016, 07:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I wouldn't even know how to change a tire! lol
I thought you went to bed?

You don't know how? Awww London do I have more balls than you? Lol

Old 07-24-2016, 08:35 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I thought you went to bed?

You don't know how? Awww London do I have more balls than you? Lol
hahahah it's time to get the flannel cowboy pajamas on. night night

Old 07-24-2016, 09:20 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
hahahah it's time to get the flannel cowboy pajamas on. night night
Are those the red ones, with the drop down flap in the back for quick chamber pot action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships