Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2017, 02:49 AM

19,376 posts, read 15,217,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I thought I may be schizophrenic, I also woke up from my cat nap slapping a mouse off of me earlier. I doubt if there was one...
Lmao!

Well, I won't go into the WORST part of flying, for Auraliea's sake.

This baby shower ended up being way worse than we could have ever imagined. We came out feeling like survivors. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 02:56 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lmao!

Well, I won't go into the WORST part of flying, for Auraliea's sake.

This baby shower ended up being way worse than we could have ever imagined. We came out feeling like survivors. lol
Was there a flask for each of you? Did Chow enjoy any of it?

Old 07-23-2017, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Was there a flask for each of you?
As a matter of fact, yes. They remained undisturbed, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Did Chow enjoy any of it?
Ohhhhh, I'm growing weary of the man sympathy for these things. I'm sure I wanted to go less than Chow did. We had more than one out, for various reasons, not to go, but we love them, wanted to share our happiness for them. But we deserve some Brownie points for this one. A lot of it had to do with the weather, which I admit was much more tolerable than other parts of the country, but... We were just kind of looking around at a sea of miserable faces. Everyone looked like they would rather be anywhere else. lol

Old 07-23-2017, 04:47 AM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Who delays parties by two hours???? I've never heard of this until today. We get a call at the last minute to not show up to the "baby shower" party. We're told to wait. Ok... fine.

We're camping out at Mrs. Chow's mom's house because we were there to take her to the shower. We are told via her brother to wait an hour. At first it was great, we could sit back and relax and have a drink or so and wait till they are ready. We get a text almost 2 hours later saying to come in a few minutes. I'm like who the F hosts a party were people are supposed to wait 2 hour before showing up before the original time. LOL, I mean WTF.. LOL. We sit there and have a couple of drinks to let the time go by.

We finally go over there and it was hot hot as dog balls hot. There was no breeze and it was hot.... Did I mention it was hot??

The parking sucked. I dropped off Mrs. Chow and her mom and had to leg it a few blocks away. Did I mention that the natives weren't happy with me, I got a few nasty looks. LOL, not sure why, but whatever.

We get there and it was crowded, not a backyard, but a small patio and loads and loads of people were jammed in like a bunch of prisoners on cell block 8 waiting to get some yard time. The consensus of the people there seemed to fit this narrative that I'm painting here. The only time I've seen a more glum group of people was at the line at the local DMV.

I'm like WTF? LOL... I have never in my whole life been to a more lousy get together than today. It was hot, no music, no booze, and not a single person there that looked like they wanted to be there.

I feel bad for the two kids having the kid. LOL,

We did our time and while I feel bad or them, it was truly one of the worst social gatherings that I've had the unpleasantness to be a part of.

Best wishes to these two kids....

Old 07-23-2017, 05:00 AM

^^^Don't forget the hot, searing cooking done in this small space, directly behind us.

It was tasty, though. Tacos.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:21 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
The lengths people go for tacos is amazing. But completely logical, too.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:46 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Yikes! Sorry y'all had to endure that!!

But the telling has been entertaining!!

Old 07-23-2017, 10:03 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,860,321 times
That's what suffering is all about, the funny stories

Old 07-23-2017, 10:55 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That's what suffering is all about, the funny stories
And the (taco) payouts, of course!

My sympathies to you, Chow and Sea, how kookoo the organizer of the party must have been. Two hour delay? Were they timing it to optimize the mugginess hour of the day possible? When organizing a gathering, the venue is the biggest decision to be made and everything else is just window dressing.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:05 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
As a matter of fact, yes. They remained undisturbed, though.
You all had ONE JOB...

Quote:
Ohhhhh, I'm growing weary of the man sympathy for these things. I'm sure I wanted to go less than Chow did.
Believe me, Ma'am, my sympathy is parceled out in equal measure for you both.

Quote:
We were just kind of looking around at a sea of miserable faces. Everyone looked like they would rather be anywhere else. lol
Bleh. So sorry. I've reached the age where I can play the "thanks for the invite, have fun, best wishes, call me after it's over" card.

However I do like to support my friends. And I love kids, but baby showers? *shudders*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships