Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 11:17 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Chow's been hiccupping for about an hour now. He's freaking out the bunny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 11:40 PM

Okay, here's a helpful hint for curing the hiccups. People sometimes suggest a citrus wedge with a couple of drops of bitters on it. That never worked for me. But if you actually combine some lime/lemon juice and bitters in a small glass, enough to take a swallow or two, it seems to work instantly.

I insisted Chow try this. He took a sip and, while still complaining about the taste, realized he had stopped hiccupping instantly.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:01 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Sometimes a little bit of nervous energy is ok.....

Old 08-24-2017, 12:12 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
One small teaspoon of granulated sugar, washed down with a few sips of water, is all I've ever needed to stop hiccups in seconds. This has been a family remedy handed down from my grandma who was born at the turn of the 20th century.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
One small teaspoon of granulated sugar, washed down with a few sips of water, is all I've ever needed to stop hiccups in seconds. This has been a family remedy handed down from my grandma who was born at the turn of the 20th century.
That's definitely more handy, with ingredients that are more likely to be found in the kitchen. I've only had remedies offered in a bar. Although I rarely get the hiccups.

This reminds me of that scene in Sleepless in Seattle.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:31 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
For hiccups, I usually hold my breath until I can't possibly hold it anymore, and they're gone.

I know we're not supposed to post links to other blogs here, but Ask A Manager had a question this week that was a doozy: I ghosted my ex, and she's about to be my new boss

tl;dr: A guy wanting to avoid breakup drama just moved out (not just out of the apartment, out of the country) while his girlfriend of three years was away for the holidays. He went completely no contact and criticized her for being needy in contacting his family wanting to know what happened. Now he finds out she's going to be his new supervisor, and wants to know what to do. (Grovel really hard, I'd imagine.)

Old 08-24-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
For hiccups, I usually hold my breath until I can't possibly hold it anymore, and they're gone.

I know we're not supposed to post links to other blogs here, but Ask A Manager had a question this week that was a doozy: I ghosted my ex, and she's about to be my new boss

tl;dr: A guy wanting to avoid breakup drama just moved out (not just out of the apartment, out of the country) while his girlfriend of three years was away for the holidays. He went completely no contact and criticized her for being needy in contacting his family wanting to know what happened. Now he finds out she's going to be his new supervisor, and wants to know what to do. (Grovel really hard, I'd imagine.)
Talk about karma, LOL. That was a weasel move. Cowardice of the highest order. I hope she makes his life miserable and he has to quit.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:31 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Talk about karma, LOL. That was a weasel move. Cowardice of the highest order. I hope she makes his life miserable and he has to quit.
Right? Can you even imagine coming home from a trip and your SO of several years is just gone? No note, no forwarding address? That kind of thing would mess you up. I'm generally not the kind of person who wants revenge, but I would want revenge.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right? Can you even imagine coming home from a trip and your SO of several years is just gone? No note, no forwarding address? That kind of thing would mess you up. I'm generally not the kind of person who wants revenge, but I would want revenge.
Dropping someone like that is really beyond acceptable. Certain things annoy me and really get under my skin. People acting like complete sociopaths like that is one.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:11 PM

Was talking about The Shining movie a little while back. I decided to hit up EBay and grab the book. I know how everyone says the book is better. This sucker is like 700 pages. LOL, it's so old I was able to find it for just 4 bucks with shipping included. LOL, can't beat that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships