Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2018, 08:17 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
dammit, I knew something was wrong when I was playing in the Cheetos. I need to go brush my teeth and rinse my mouth.
I drew in the driveway with chalk until dark last night. Go look, I posted a pic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 10:54 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I drew in the driveway with chalk until dark last night. Go look, I posted a pic.
Those are true works of art, great to take a photo since it will all be lost to the elements. Loved the dragonflies - my favorites.

One of my cohort mates has a seven week old litter of kittens and I'm wondering if I should surprise my kids and take one. They are so adorable (from photos) and I'm on the fence...I don't know if my kids will handle the responsibility well. They've been BEGGING for a pet, cat or dog.

How soon can a kitten become a backyard/outdoor cat?

Old 05-05-2018, 06:53 AM

Thanks!
Id take a whole litter of kittens and walk around with them in my arm like a bouquet😻😻😻 Dont ask me about letting cats out. I get too attached I'm terrified they'll run away.ha.

(warning: shocking tear-jerker ahead, cover eyes while reading)
When I was 5, it was summer, I woke up and my mom was ironing. I laid on the cool kitchen floor. My shiny black cat wandered in after being out all night. He laid down next to me. He smelled like a skunk, I looked at him and he had a chunk missing from his head. Then he died.

I can't believe anyone who can get a dog doesn't have one!!! I still look at the dogs and puppies up for adoption on Petfinder, even though I was told back in December that I can't have one. Dogs are more interactive if you have kids, too.

I do see why people sometimes pick animals over other people if they have to choose. That's why I'd Rather be a crazy cat Lady, I guess.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:12 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Those are true works of art, great to take a photo since it will all be lost to the elements. Loved the dragonflies - my favorites.

One of my cohort mates has a seven week old litter of kittens and I'm wondering if I should surprise my kids and take one. They are so adorable (from photos) and I'm on the fence...I don't know if my kids will handle the responsibility well. They've been BEGGING for a pet, cat or dog.

Before our cats & dogs were fixed, they wandered around/explored for days. We would worry about them. After they were spayed/neutered they then stayed on our property happily (80 acres).

Old 05-05-2018, 03:34 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:

Please, for the sake of native wildlife, please keep your cat indoors.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Please, for the sake of native wildlife, please keep your cat indoors.
Exactly,they get hit by cars outdoors.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:57 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Exactly,they get hit by cars outdoors.
There are no cars driving in my backyard. I was thinking of installing a cat proof fence topper. Since we aren't home for most of the day I thought it would be inhumane to keep it locked in the house all day.

Maybe it's just too much hassle for me to adopt a cat right now.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:24 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
There are no cars driving in my backyard. I was thinking of installing a cat proof fence topper. Since we aren't home for most of the day I thought it would be inhumane to keep it locked in the house all day.

I was going to say Who's to stop a cat from climbing? Cats go everywhere.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:

No, you're putting too much thought into it. Cats sleep for hours all day, then run around banking off your head at night while you try to sleep. Don't worry about it being bored, or stuck inside. It can entertain itself with virtually anything, a piece of dust floating in the sunlight from the window.😺

Old 05-06-2018, 07:34 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
I don't see what's wrong with a conversation expanding. I don't mean going from 'MY bf stole my BFF' to 'the best wax to use on the rails of my sled to make it go faster downhill' but still. It very limiting not to expand a bit.

Then you have the threads where it all got said and done in the first couple of pages of the thread, and people keep posting the same replies over and over again as if its new material, and three months later the thread is on page 64 with nothing more put into it than it had by page 2.

Okay, I complained!

I had a great day yesterday. Quit smoking 5 months ago, and compensated with food. Woke up one day 50 pounds heavier!!!

Is it just me, or do extra pounds go on about 100 times faster than they come off?

I took a very long walk in a place where people go to exercise - walk, run, ride bikes, etc. My husband and I used to go there a lot. Plenty of flora and fauna to take your mind off what you are doing. Cruised along, pep in my step, checking out all the physically fit men. One started doing push ups off a park bench as I came along. I received lots of glances and smiles. It felt good, just as the sun and air did on my shoulders and back.

I guess I walked about 5 miles total. Came home completely exhausted, with nothing but a sunburn and a few sore joints, but otherwise, feeling like life is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships