Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 01:41 PM

17,608 posts, read 22,516,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I've been having it pointed out several times now (by the same person) that I laugh in my sleep. I wonder if I've always been doing this for the last10 years since I've been divorced, and didn't know bc I mostly slept alone, or I just started doing this when I began living with this guy?

Deep in the recesses of your mind you probably decided this guy is a big joke, after he said you couldn't have a puppy pal......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 05:04 PM

10,337 posts, read 5,817,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Deep in the recesses of your mind you probably decided this guy is a big joke, after he said you couldn't have a puppy pal......
Or Im dreaming of my own house, with a puppy...or 2. gotta have 2.....

Old 06-04-2018, 06:24 PM

17,608 posts, read 22,516,383 times
Quote:
Or Im dreaming of my own house, with a puppy...or 2. gotta have 2.....

Now, who could say NO, to those loving faces.....

Old 06-04-2018, 08:32 PM

16,233 posts, read 27,273,573 times
Just watched in the rear view mirror, the car in the lane to the right of me merge right into the car that was driving immediately behind me. Once the driver (in a big Lexus SUV) made contact, the impact crushed the right side of the small Honda and pushed it into the median, wedging the car. Instead of pulling away, he continued to steer the car into the lane he wanted, knocking the Honda again into the median, until the SUV eventually pulled ahead of the now totaled Honda.

If the moron had decided a few seconds earlier to pull this master manœuvre, it would have been my daughter he would have been crushing into. WTF with people? Like, once you realize you've made a terrible accident, why keep trying to execute your poor choice?

People - ugh. I've been asking around, what should I carry in my car to lob at the a-holes? Is there anything legal? I've seen a guy in a pick up that got cut off by some moron use his half-drank water bottle - he pitched it against the jerk's rear window. He just kept driving like nobody's business.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Just watched in the rear view mirror, the car in the lane to the right of me merge right into the car that was driving immediately behind me. Once the driver (in a big Lexus SUV) made contact, the impact crushed the right side of the small Honda and pushed it into the median, wedging the car. Instead of pulling away, he continued to steer the car into the lane he wanted, knocking the Honda again into the median, until the SUV eventually pulled ahead of the now totaled Honda.

If the moron had decided a few seconds earlier to pull this master manœuvre, it would have been my daughter he would have been crushing into. WTF with people? Like, once you realize you've made a terrible accident, why keep trying to execute your poor choice?

People - ugh. I've been asking around, what should I carry in my car to lob at the a-holes? Is there anything legal? I've seen a guy in a pick up that got cut off by some moron use his half-drank water bottle - he pitched it against the jerk's rear window. He just kept driving like nobody's business.
Throwing stars. Ever have throwing stars? 😺My SO has a Harley and....you guessed it.

I told him I've become his Insignificant Other. It didn't seem to faze him.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Throwing stars. Ever have throwing stars? 😺My SO has a Harley and....you guessed it.

I told him I've become his Insignificant Other. It didn't seem to faze him.
Good god, woman, I said legal! Aren't those the ninja blades that people flick to kill people? I thought my son was over the top when he suggested frozen water balloons 🤣🎈🎈🎈

And by no means would I describe you as insignificant - you need those pups more than you need throwing stars 😉

Old 06-04-2018, 10:50 PM

Aw! Too nice.
You're gonna need some of these:

Old 06-04-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Aw! Too nice.
You're gonna need some of these:
Wow, that is badazz - I need one of those for my early morning walks. I just started back up again after the spring semester ended. Time to work off the insulation - I wanna get back in the pool and that means bathing suit time.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:02 AM

3,688 posts, read 4,996,993 times
Quote:
Good god, woman, I said legal! Aren't those the ninja blades that people flick to kill people? I thought my son was over the top when he suggested frozen water balloons 🤣🎈🎈🎈

And by no means would I describe you as insignificant - you need those pups more than you need throwing stars 😉

Okay, so shuriken are out of the question... which is probably for the best based on overall legality, but still not enough chlorine in the gene pool. How to handle this? How to handle this...?

Old 06-05-2018, 09:42 AM

20,210 posts, read 14,434,494 times
Quote:

I find myself not shocked that this was a Lexus SUV driver. There is something about the people who drive these specific vehicles. I've had so many times that someone was being an absolute insufferable a-hole on the road, and I've looked and yup, it's a Lexus SUV driver. It's like they figure that they paid enough for their shiny jerkmobile that they shouldn't need to share the road with anyone.

Speaking of drivers.

It was a BMW yesterday though, for me. In my little townhome neighborhood, there's an intersection where everyone has a stop sign, and I stopped, then turned right, and as I came around the corner, a neighbor (BMW person) was backing out of his garage fast, right in front of me. I had very little time between rounding the corner enough to see him, and being right on top of him. He blared his horn at me right as I screeched to a halt.

Now I don't mind stopping to let someone back out, but I'm feeling like he does not realize that people who are reversing out of a parking situation automatically do NOT have right of way...whatever, fine. So he pulls out and goes to the next stop sign that is the exit from our neighborhood onto a residential street, and he doesn't stop, he pulls right out behind this other car that was going the direction he wanted to, and that car was doing a normal speed, but he's blaring on his horn again, and eventually swerves around him and speeds off.

The overall impression was that this man was just really angry that there were other people on HIS ROADS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships