Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 02:29 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfet View Post
Coming here helps remind me how women hate me and guys like me, it can't be as bad as being pooped on in real life. Go read an incel forum or forever alone and tell me who has it worse.
Who are you and guys like you? I can't speak for all women, and I don't hate anyone sight unseen, but yeah, I'm certainly not very sympathetic to people who soak in negativity and make veiled threats online. How is that adding any happiness to the world or helping other people?

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 07-02-2018 at 02:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 02:34 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Who are you and guys like you? I can't speak for all women, but yeah, I'm certainly not very sympathetic to people who soak in negativity and make veiled threats online. How is that adding any happiness to the world or helping other people?
It certainly is no way to find a mate.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:50 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
We really do need to start taking mental health care seriously in this country. I know we won't because we are backwards about health care here, esp mental health. But its so clear from this forum so many people really need professional help. They're screaming for it.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We really do need to start taking mental health care seriously in this country. I know we won't because we are backwards about health care here, esp mental health. But its so clear from this forum so many people really need professional help. They're screaming for it.
And some might not even need professional help, but even just a positive social group and a real sense of community. If you ever read those MGTOW or incel forums, those are not dudes who are living their best lives and contributing to society. And their issues would not be solved by sex. It's so toxic.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:00 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And some might not even need professional help, but even just a positive social group and a real sense of community. If you ever read those MGTOW or incel forums, those are not dudes who are living their best lives and contributing to society. And their issues would not be solved by sex. It's so toxic.

I've not read any of them more than the links to crazy things posted here. Never heard of them before I joined this site. Actually, I never heard the term incel until the news of one of those mentally ill crazies going off awhile back. It's just so bizarre. I don't get being a straight dude and not liking women, or not having female friends, I mean... didn't these people go to high school? It's just all so weird. Why don't they have dude friends chiming in about this crud? If I started going down one of those rabbit holes my dude friends would check me on my sheet real fast.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:02 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Moments ago I was scrolling the Facebook on my lunch break here, and came across an article that a friend of mine had shared, asking what most mass shooters in recent history have in common and declaring it a "hatred of women."

I won't get all into the obvious content of the article, I've been having a bitter and unhumorous laugh at the fact that my Facebook is suddenly full of people who are just now hearing about incels, pillers, and the ilk...since we've seen all this here for years... But what struck me is that in the teaser for the article was a photo with various face-shots of these mass shooters who hated women and struggled to find relationships and all. And none of them were particularly bad looking men, just from their faces. I have seen loads of far uglier guys succeeding in love, sex, and relationships. No, what these guys had that put women off, I thought, hearkening back to about a million conversations here, and with my ex-husband, is that they radiate toxicity, entitlement, an inability to take an ounce of responsibility for their own outcomes, and just a thorough degree of perpetual misery.

Look I know, because I was with such a man, that no amount of womanly love can redeem such a person. They are not miserable just because they're alone, that's just a convenient excuse, but it's nonsense. Such a person inevitably drags anyone they get to be with them, into their own personal hell, and keeps them there. Why, I ask, would anyone knowingly sign up for that life? It's the point I persistently try to get across, and I feel like these dudes have their fingers in their ears going "lalalalalala!"
I know my content can teeter into MGTOW land. Sometime I scare myself with how frustrated I get with my lack of dating luck and yes looking at women side eyed. But I’d like to think I’m connected with reality enough not to kill anyone over it.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:35 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topfet View Post
Coming here helps remind me how women hate me and guys like me, it can't be as bad as being pooped on in real life. Go read an incel forum or forever alone and tell me who has it worse.
I ask this question often, but what do you hope to get from focusing on the way you've been treated by women, or probably more accurately, focusing on the way you've interpreted that treatment? Do you see any positive outcome from associating with other men who are struggling? Because from the outside looking in, it seems that all you can possibly do in the best case is have your pessimism reinforced, and it's far more likely that you'll grow more bitter and more hopeless. Avoid that. Get yourself some help, or at least like fleetiebelle suggested, find people you can be with who aren't focused on what's missing in their life and on fiction about who is keeping them from what they lack.

And the crap about bullets is BS. Don't go there.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:35 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
So!

Last night I took my younger son for his first behind-the-wheel driving lesson, in an empty parking lot late in the evening. He really did well and enjoyed himself. And he found some buttons on the back of my steering wheel, that I had no idea were even there, which control the radio. Then he found a station playing the song, "Africa" and proceeded to sing (badly) every word, and I have no idea why or how he knows that song so well, but he does. It's been stuck in my head all day.

In other news, it's dry and hot and windy and half the state is on fire it seems, so we aren't gonna do any fireworks this year. I just want to stay indoors in the filtered air conditioned air, since my sinuses are already hating the wildfire smoke. But it's nice to have a day off! Hope that whatever folks are doing, if anything, they have a good day.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:58 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
So!

Last night I took my younger son for his first behind-the-wheel driving lesson, in an empty parking lot late in the evening. He really did well and enjoyed himself. And he found some buttons on the back of my steering wheel, that I had no idea were even there, which control the radio. Then he found a station playing the song, "Africa" and proceeded to sing (badly) every word, and I have no idea why or how he knows that song so well, but he does. It's been stuck in my head all day.

In other news, it's dry and hot and windy and half the state is on fire it seems, so we aren't gonna do any fireworks this year. I just want to stay indoors in the filtered air conditioned air, since my sinuses are already hating the wildfire smoke. But it's nice to have a day off! Hope that whatever folks are doing, if anything, they have a good day.
Dry and windy I would not mind right now. Of course, easy for me to say since there are no fires in Virginia. But it has been miserably hot the last week here.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:02 PM

I saw a line somewhere that said going outside is like wrapping yourself in a damp towel still hot from the dryer. It's not wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships