Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 04:43 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times

Advertisements

Coldest race I've ever done coming up. 12 degrees, 0 with wind chill. Actually bought one of those running masks yesterday, ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 02:00 PM

52,248 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Turkey day and we're doing up a nice little French cassoulet.

Old 11-22-2018, 03:22 PM

Don't make leaving Las Vegas jokes when buying a crap ton of booze....,just a little tip for ya.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:33 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
What a great thanksgiving day we had! Roasted the turkey, made macaroni and cheese with sharp white cheddar and a panko crumb topping, sage stuffing, baked sweet potatoes with honey butter, cornbread, mixed salad greens, and for dessert we had melting chocolate lava cakes with French vanilla ice cream, pumpkin pie, and bishop's bread. Spent the whole afternoon and early evening with the extended family, played board games and laughed our heads off. So much to give thanks for, despite being sick for the last few days.

Dr. Codeine mixed me a nightcap and I'm hoping to sleep it all off soon. Happy thanksgiving to everyone! 🍗🍠🍨🍷🥃🥂🍽

Old 11-23-2018, 03:06 AM

19,425 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
What a great thanksgiving day we had! Roasted the turkey, made macaroni and cheese with sharp white cheddar and a panko crumb topping, sage stuffing, baked sweet potatoes with honey butter, cornbread, mixed salad greens, and for dessert we had melting chocolate lava cakes with French vanilla ice cream, pumpkin pie, and bishop's bread. Spent the whole afternoon and early evening with the extended family, played board games and laughed our heads off. So much to give thanks for, despite being sick for the last few days.

Dr. Codeine mixed me a nightcap and I'm hoping to sleep it all off soon. Happy thanksgiving to everyone! 🍗🍠🍨🍷🥃🥂🍽
That sounds sooo good. It was just us and my mom, so I just made a "cassoulet." Pretty sure it's not authentic, but still very tasty. With a side of mashed. lol

The streets were so EMPTY coming home. Almost eerie. Anyway, thankful for that, ha.

Not sure what's going on with you healthwise, but hope you feel better soon. Glad you had a great T-Day.

Old 11-23-2018, 08:51 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,104,386 times
It seems that there is some sort of “bug” going around here in MI. My stomach felt icky for three days. I actually slept through Thanksgiving. My daughter has had a cold. And when I was waiting at a McD’s drive-through for a Diet Coke, there was a car parked with the passenger “losing his cookies” out the car door.

I laughed when the McD’s employee took food out to the driver. I thought to myself that smelling that would make me have to open door again. LOL

Old 11-23-2018, 08:21 PM

I've heard tell here and there of some sort of thing called "Black Friday"? Is this a thing?

(500 emails later...)

Old 11-23-2018, 09:21 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I've heard tell here and there of some sort of thing called "Black Friday"? Is this a thing?

(500 emails later...)
Yep - and I'm so over it. And cyber Monday too. We were planning to eat out tonight but I ended up ordering in. No desire whatsoever to compete for parking, a table, air to breathe, etc. I've already done most of my Christmas shopping over the last couple of month specifically so I wouldn't have to do the Black Friday hustle.

P.S. I've never had cassoulet, is it the dish with beans? I had a French friend who said her favorite dish was cassoulet.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Yep - and I'm so over it. And cyber Monday too. We were planning to eat out tonight but I ended up ordering in. No desire whatsoever to compete for parking, a table, air to breathe, etc. I've already done most of my Christmas shopping over the last couple of month specifically so I wouldn't have to do the Black Friday hustle.

P.S. I've never had cassoulet, is it the dish with beans? I had a French friend who said her favorite dish was cassoulet.
Yes, and it's, dare I say, wonderful. I barely got to eat any of it, for some reason.

I've come to develop a theorem that there is a direct correlation between trolls and bad spelling/grammar.

Old 11-24-2018, 03:34 PM

Drunken Chicken.

Should be good, I mean cooking with booze takes things to another level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships