Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2019, 09:22 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I thought it was just my own secret! I often think: “Oh I just love this, I wonder if they sell it for men, so I can get it at a lower price.

And it’s true, just look for it as if you were a man.

But the handles of your razors will be blue and not pink!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 09:40 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
But the handles of your razors will be blue and not pink!
I’ve always liked blue better, but Harry’s shave club is the best I just ordered my yearly winter supply of long sleeved white T-shirt’s from the men’s section of my favorite online store, too. Very well made, half the price, and long enough not to get rumpled up under everything I wear.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:44 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I’ve always liked blue better, but Harry’s shave club is the best I just ordered my yearly winter supply of long sleeved white T-shirt’s from the men’s section of my favorite online store, too. Very well made, half the price, and long enough not to get rumpled up under everything I wear.

That's hot.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
I did a four hour exam today at a Pearson testing center. It's not enough that they have the monopoly on gallactically overpriced, yet abysmally inferior quality college texts, they also control access to state exams for teachers too? Just getting to the testing room was more complicated and rigorous than getting into an actual government building, like a courthouse. I'm just glad I'm beyond the whole ordeal finally.

I haven't bought a razor in ages, I've been waxing and epilating since I was 15. During the winter, I don't even bother with the legs. The hairs are so sparse and fine anyways after decades of removal by the roots. If I had to buy one though, I would not pay extra for a pink handle, even though pink is my favorite color. I guess I'm a pragmatist at heart.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:04 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I watched a news story on it last night. The reality is, if a man feels that he's a good dude who treats others well, then the commercial obviously is not talking about him. So he doesn't need to feel attacked. The only people who should feel criticized are the ones who believe (as some men I've known do) that having an inherent right to be an a-hole is a very important part of their identity as a man. They're being told, "Yeah, society is not appreciating your real-life-troll shtick, guy. Just letting you know." And they're mad about it. I guess.

Of course there are also those who just stomp and holler about anything that looks "liberal" or "PC" or "SJW" or "woke" for the principle of it.

I dunno, I'm just left wondering, so do dudes want to not only be jerks to other people, but to have other people love and validate them for that? I think it's a fine thing for our culture to move away from that model of behavior. For everyone who does it, and everyone who reinforces it, male, female or otherwise.

But for those who are saying, "Just because I'm a man doesn't make me a bad person" (one of the featured responses on the clip I watched)...well duh. Maybe understand that not every single thing is about you specifically?
One of my favorite takes on the Gilette ad:

https://twitter.com/HanaMichels/stat...06690454532096

Old 01-18-2019, 01:26 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
One of my favorite takes on the Gilette ad:

https://twitter.com/HanaMichels/stat...06690454532096

Wow, I just saw that from a different perspective, thanks!

...but then again if it wasn't describing me, I may agree with the inference. Hmmm.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:32 PM

Since I'm going down a rabbit hole this afternoon, that tweet reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85HT4Om6JT4

Old 01-18-2019, 01:47 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIMv...2&list=WL&t=0s

Kitten surprise!!!! ������

Just a little something to help you unwind.

Old 01-18-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auraliea View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qimv...2&list=wl&t=0s

kitten surprise!!!! ������

just a little something to help you unwind.
kitty!

Old 01-18-2019, 03:26 PM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times
My son and his girlfriend were in the living room last night. I walked into the middle of an argument where she seemed to be defending her right to decide to become a stripper if she wanted to (mostly because she hears the money is good) and my son was kinda freaking out and reaching for any reason he could think of to say it was a bad idea.

Now bear in mind, this is a VERY cute girl who has mental health problems including severe self esteem and body image issues. She has had eating disorders. She avoids mirrors. Even though she is quite lovely. But her Mom barrages her with insults about her appearance, saying she looks like a "bag of sht" and "homeless" because she likes grunge fashions. Makes me mad actually. Anyhow.

Also bear in mind this is my son's first relationship, and he is often jealous and insecure, but struggling not to be a jerk about things...really struggling sometimes...and he is not really that good at talking to women, apparently. He's 17. Lot to learn.

My son says..."Realistically though, you probably wouldn't get hired as a stripper. I mean, there would be prettier women than you applying for the job, and they're going to give it to the prettiest, so why bother when they'd probably turn you down anyhow."

And meltdown in 3...2...1...
I was like "Oh my god. Dude. DUDE."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships