Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2019, 05:56 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times

Advertisements

This week's misread thread title (for those of you who do this): "He Forgot Something Important Inside of Me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 08:30 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
This week's misread thread title (for those of you who do this): "He Forgot Something Important Inside of Me."
LOL reminds me of a silly song called "It Doesn't Pay to Turn Up Late to an Orgy"... British humor. I love it.

I went to a goth concert last night. I don't go to things like that often anymore, but it was this one guy's band... Handsome young devil he is. I'd noticed him when I was doing online dating, and I admired his photos and his clever and witty profile so much I messaged him to tell him that I thought he was awesome. Like..."I'm not trying to date you but I've just got to express my admiration of all this." We talked for a while. It just came down to him being too young for me to do anything but just want to admire him. I had the feeling he found that rather strange and confusing. But there it was. Our life stages were just too different, he seemed like a kid to me. A very pretty and clever kid, but still a kid.

So later he wound up working as an intern in my office. I hadn't talked to him in over a year. We had a couple of slightly awkward conversations. Then later a close friend of mine (she was there last night, too) dated him. She reported back to me that he was too vanilla for her, and that confirmed to me he would not have been a good fit for what I need. But I saw him a time or two when they were a thing, and had some further conversations...he's a fun talker. It's odd, I don't regret not dating him, but I wish to spend more time around him, like I wish he were a regular in my social groups. Anyways. Then I ran into him in a grocery store like another year later or something. Lots of "small world, fancy meeting you here" stuff.

Our conversation in the grocery store highlighted another reason I was glad I didn't date him.
"How's things?"
"Oh, OK. Wish I could find a job though. I haven't had a proper job in over a year since my internship ended."
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. How are you getting by? Are you ok?"
"Yeah, I'm barely scraping through, my band is doing ok, and some friends help me out sometimes, so I'm alright."

Mm hm. That lifestyle is all well and good when you're in your 20s. But I don't need another kid to support over here, I've got two unemployed boys in my house that I gave birth to. Don't need a boyfriend to sit and play video games with 'em. Nope.

Well, he's doing better now. Got himself a job, though it's a strenuous and underpaid one, it's something.

I really enjoyed dressing up all spooky-sexy and going out with my boyfriend though. I like being out on his arm like, "Yeah, who deserves a hot girlfriend? This guy right here." I dunno, like, I might not feel a particular drive to be some sort of "trophy" woman all the time or whatever, but a smidge of that now and then... Just a smidge.

Old 06-21-2019, 02:32 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
There is the little old lady that works the front desk in the office. For some reason she likes every single person in the office. I hear her walking around talking with people laughing and EVERY single time she looks at me she give me the "Daphne stare". Mrs. Chow and I joke about the "stare" all of the time.

Believe it or not I'm pretty likeable in real life and for some reason this woman just doesn't seem to like me. The only time I've ever interacted with her is when I asked her something about the crapton of candy and snacks she has in her cubicle. I asked her if they were free. I didn't know, maybe is she were selling them for a raffle or whatever. She kind of looked at me like I was an ******* for even asking. LOL, I didn't know. Apparently they are free snacks for the employees to take as they want. We had just moved from our downtown LA office to this office as they were consolidating office space. I wasn't aware of the protocol of "the desk candy."

Anyway, starting at around 35 seconds in....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylPzRE5ZGcI

Old 06-21-2019, 04:05 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There is the little old lady that works the front desk in the office. For some reason she likes every single person in the office. I hear her walking around talking with people laughing and EVERY single time she looks at me she give me the "Daphne stare". Mrs. Chow and I joke about the "stare" all of the time.

Believe it or not I'm pretty likeable in real life and for some reason this woman just doesn't seem to like me. The only time I've ever interacted with her is when I asked her something about the crapton of candy and snacks she has in her cubicle. I asked her if they were free. I didn't know, maybe is she were selling them for a raffle or whatever. She kind of looked at me like I was an ******* for even asking. LOL, I didn't know. Apparently they are free snacks for the employees to take as they want. We had just moved from our downtown LA office to this office as they were consolidating office space. I wasn't aware of the protocol of "the desk candy."

See? That's what happens when men aren't willing to pay.

Old 06-21-2019, 05:06 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
See? That's what happens when men aren't willing to pay.

Brilliant!

Old 06-21-2019, 06:22 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:

Eek, that may be the first time in history anyone came close to actually killing someone with a look. I spent the better part of last year getting that stare from several people before I changed jobs. I’m lucky I’m a big guy, that may have been the only thing keeping my coworkers from trying me.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:37 PM

My new cat Blue, is good at the daphne stare.
Attached Thumbnails
CDR Chat Thread #31-a1cdd31e-989e-44d9-bd3c-141428b55e9b.jpeg  

Old 06-22-2019, 11:47 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Pretty kitty.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
My new cat Blue, is good at the daphne stare.
Gorgeous- I'm so jealous! And Blue has deff nailed the stare.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Pretty kitty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Gorgeous- I'm so jealous! And Blue has deff nailed the stare.
Thanks! She’s a “lynx point Siamese”. I thought you guys would be tired of my cat pictures, but no, you’re nuts like me. Def gives Butterz the stare, he keeps posing and trying to attract her.
Attached Thumbnails
CDR Chat Thread #31-24ac77f4-1502-4e6e-b093-eeefde966c2d.jpeg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships