Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2019, 09:38 AM

20,210 posts, read 14,434,494 times

Advertisements

RE: Bagel guy. When I saw that I was just like "Oh my god, I wonder if he's one of ours..." (from here)

RE: Auraliea's Youtube vid-- I like that women film these kinds of things. One of the things that I think is good about everybody walking around with a camera in their phones, being able to hold others accountable for very bad behavior now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 10:22 AM

19,212 posts, read 15,079,779 times
I don't know, I might get raked over the coals for this, but I saw a lot of pain, and rage, and frustration there. While we don't see the beginning of the altercation, of course he can't be acting that way, he was way out of line. But he says he's tired of being laughed at, and then had to endure more of being laughed at.

I admit I get tired of the guys who constantly post here attacking all women out of the blue, and, mostly out of irritation from the monotony and repetition of it, I will snipe back sometimes. But we're seeing the real person here, and he's revealing how his life goes. I can't help but feel for him in that regard. AGAIN, I'm not excusing his behavior, but I can see where it came from.

I also don't like how anything and everything can be recorded for everyone to see, forever. It's good in instances of real crime, of course, and other things, but now EVERYONE gets to laugh at him. Obviously, I'm guilty of watching it, too.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I don't know, I might get raked over the coals for this, but I saw a lot of pain, and rage, and frustration there. While we don't see the beginning of the altercation, of course he can't be acting like that, he was way out of line. But he says he's tired of being laughed at, and then had to endure more of being laughed at.

I admit I get tired of the guys who constantly post here attacking all women out of the blue, and, mostly out of irritation from the monotony and repetition of it, I will snipe back sometimes. But we're seeing the real person here, and he's revealing how his life goes. I can't help but feel for him in that regard. AGAIN, I'm not excusing his behavior, but I can see where it came from.

I also don't like how anything and everything can be recorded for everyone to see, forever. It's good in instances of real crime, of course, and other things, but now EVERYONE gets to laugh at him. Obviously, I'm guilty of watching it, too.
Yeah, but he's got to own his actions. No one made him act that way. I know that life can be really hard, painful, and frustrating. And when we have guys here sharing their struggles, I try to be compassionate to them. If I were sitting on a bench in public and a conversation sparked up with a stranger, and they expressed to me that they were having difficulties (in a calm voice, not acting out-of-control) then I would have compassion for that, too. I'd talk. I'd listen. I wouldn't laugh.

But if you go into a public place and harass the staff who are just there trying to do their jobs, and then pick a fight with someone who was just there to get some food, I mean... Yeah, sorry, ya get to eat a shame sandwich. People need to get themselves in check. In some places I've lived, this behavior would have gotten him SHOT DEAD ON THE SPOT. So. Hey. He didn't die.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I don't know, I might get raked over the coals for this, but I saw a lot of pain, and rage, and frustration there. While we don't see the beginning of the altercation, of course he can't be acting that way, he was way out of line. But he says he's tired of being laughed at, and then had to endure more of being laughed at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah, but he's got to own his actions. No one made him act that way. I know that life can be really hard, painful, and frustrating. And when we have guys here sharing their struggles, I try to be compassionate to them. If I were sitting on a bench in public and a conversation sparked up with a stranger, and they expressed to me that they were having difficulties (in a calm voice, not acting out-of-control) then I would have compassion for that, too. I'd talk. I'd listen. I wouldn't laugh.

But if you go into a public place and harass the staff who are just there trying to do their jobs, and then pick a fight with someone who was just there to get some food, I mean... Yeah, sorry, ya get to eat a shame sandwich. People need to get themselves in check. In some places I've lived, this behavior would have gotten him SHOT DEAD ON THE SPOT. So. Hey. He didn't die.
Yes, we agree.

Sometimes people don't have a calm, rational response to an affront, especially after it's been building up inside of them over time. It just happens. It happens to me sometimes. There's even that cliché situation where someone flies off the handle over the smallest thing, and the other will ask, "Okay, what's really bothering you?" You've posted about how you're laid-back, don't get very "emotional," don't like confrontation, etc. It may be easier for you, you might not relate to it. And, for the THIRD time, just to make myself clear , I'm not making excuses, for him or myself.

I'm still curious as to how it all started.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:52 AM

And now I'm running behind for an appointment. DAMmit!

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 07-11-2019 at 11:01 AM..

Old 07-11-2019, 11:00 AM

10,337 posts, read 5,817,081 times
Quote:
And now I'm running behind for an appointment. DAMMIT!
Don't stop for a bagel on the way, I'm watching you Sea...

Agreed it was sad in a way as well. Luckily my dumbest moves aren't on youtube for all to see.
I hope each new potential date online he's ranting about doesn't get to see the video, there go his chances... right down the bagel shoppe toilet.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:03 AM

Ah, sorry for distracting you!! No more posting! Hope you make it for your appointment thing!

Read this later, you!

The story written before the video began was that he came in and was trying to proposition the female employees of the place or something. I can only assume that none of them appreciated his "approach" and that's what set him off on how women everywhere are mocking him and so on.

As for me, and emotions...yeah. I have mixed feelings about how I am. On the one hand I do like being in control of myself, and the idea of making any kind of a scene horrifies me, and I think that people do need to find a way (as responsible adults and participants in society) to control themselves. I mean I look at that, and I know others who would agree with you that sometimes you lose that control, and it just happens...but I can't imagine feeling free to do that. Like would I not get arrested? I don't want to get arrested. How do you live, I mean, I'd lose my job, what about my kids? I can't go to jail because the anger just built up and I had a human moment and let it out in public!

I don't understand how some people can do that and it's ok.

But expressing strong emotion really never got me anywhere. If anything it always made things worse. Some people say they need to cry sometimes, it's cathartic and healthy. I never feel better if I cry. Only humiliated if anyone sees, and headachy and snotty and unpleasant even if they don't. Maybe I'm just too genetically British. They do say that it's a rather British thing to do, repressing one's emotions and not making a fuss.

I cannot decide if it is healthy or unhealthy, but I'm still here, getting through another day. My brain does not appear to have exploded out of my ears. So it must be alright, I guess.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:13 AM

51,847 posts, read 52,247,919 times
I didn't watch the vid, Mrs. Chow told me about it and yeah, the guy sounds unhinged for sure.

You want to see an unpleasant piece of family dysfunction? Go YouTube "Disney Brawl", it happened a few days ago, a big very unpleasant physical fight broke out at Disneyland between several family members. I watched it and was pretty sad to see that sort of thing.

Kids were around watching that stuff and it took too long for Disney security to show up. Park patrons were getting involved trying to stop the nonsense.

Those kinds of things depress the hell out of me. I have a hard enough time keeping my own psyche intact, I don't want to see others having meltdowns.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:26 AM

16,233 posts, read 27,273,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
https://youtu.be/g4F6fOLj4eI

Ladies please be careful when you're out by yourselves and notice strange behavior such as this. I'm thinking about getting some bear mace/spray, taser gun, knife, etc.
Here is an inexpensive keychain you can use to take out a stalker or even a stray dog if you're in defense mode:

https://www.amazon.com/CJESLNA-Self-...fishing&sr=1-1

Thank goodness I bought my sap years ago on Amazon. I tried looking for one to post here, but saps and slapjacks aren't available on Amazon any longer, based on my cursory search. They also sold a sap cap, looks like a ball cap but is actually loaded with lead and you can take it off your head and give the bad guy a couple of targeted blows with it. There was a disclaimer when I bought these items that some states it is illegal to own, perhaps that's why they aren't there anymore.

All these laws against being allowed to buy defensive tools means only the bad guys have them (or those of us who have good reason to be ready to defend themselves).

Kelly Herron fought off her would be rapist, here she is wearing a shirt inspired by her experience. It quotes what she said to her attacker, and the path she took while evading and beating him as per her fitness tracker.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/110901209559607954/

Be Prepared - Not just for Boy Scouts anymore.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Don't stop for a bagel on the way, I'm watching you Sea...

Agreed it was sad in a way as well. Luckily my dumbest moves aren't on youtube for all to see.
I hope each new potential date online he's ranting about doesn't get to see the video, there go his chances... right down the bagel shoppe toilet.

Oh, I've posted countless times that I'm sooo glad I'm not on youtube. At least, not that I know of...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships