Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2019, 04:54 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times

Advertisements

It was 80s a couple weeks ago. The classroom I was in, was a lot colder than that. My nipples told me it was way cold. I looked forward to the outdoor portion of the training just to warm up. Last day in class I was freezing, a sweatshirt saved me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 04:20 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm in Portland now and it's pretty chilly. Dumbass so cal boy didn't check the weather forecast.

In the summertime, folks were saying Portland was sunny & warm/hot...

Old 10-01-2019, 10:32 AM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
In the summertime, folks were saying Portland was sunny & warm/hot...
I was in the downtown area near the river front park. It was cold and rainy but I could tell in the middle of summer being a beautiful area. I was impressed how nice the area was. Only saw one or two homeless. Down here in so cal the homeless problem is way out of control.

I like Portland well enough, but I'm more of a desert rat. Lots of green everywhere, but ya pay that with much more rain than I care for.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:04 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was in the downtown area near the river front park. It was cold and rainy but I could tell in the middle of summer being a beautiful area. I was impressed how nice the area was. Only saw one or two homeless. Down here in so cal the homeless problem is way out of control.

I like Portland well enough, but I'm more of a desert rat. Lots of green everywhere, but ya pay that with much more rain than I care for.
The times I went to Portland, I saw homeless people under every shrub, and wandering all over the place. But I was there for GWAR concerts, so I was at the Roseland Theater on Burnside. Funny thing, I was bored, having got there quite early one time, and I phoned my Grandma just to pass the time. Told her where I was, and she said she used to go dancing in that area back in her youth (1950s) and she said, "Yeah, that's always been a rough part of town." What I know now, that I did not know then, is that her and Grandpa were criminals back in those days. They took part in bank robberies among other things. Wild, huh?

Old 10-01-2019, 11:12 AM

I mentioned here a while back, this impulse I had to be apologetic to my ex husband's second wife, who warned me about him when I was young and stupid and all that.

I posted on Facebook yesterday, "Today's the day. My youngest child is 18, so *technically* an adult!" and she commented congratulating me on raising them and managing not to kill my ex.

I replied:

LOL!
You: Says something about me killing the ex.
Him: Spent years implying that you might kill me, or him, or somebody.
Me: Thrilled to have gotten out without him killing me.
It's like "Who's On First?" The Tarantino version.

That's another thing I feel sorry about, I guess. The fact that I let my ex talk crap about her, acting like she's a dangerous and irrational and violent person, when I never really bought that. I mean, I'm sure she deserves respect and I don't think she's "harmless" exactly, but I think she's sane and I don't see her as the sort to just go crazy and do violent things. That's more him, not so much her. I feel like I should have spoken my mind and defended her, or something. Not just let his BS slander/gaslighting type talk, calling women he wronged "crazy" stand unchallenged. Or something. I dunno.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:21 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I mentioned here a while back, this impulse I had to be apologetic to my ex husband's second wife, who warned me about him when I was young and stupid and all that.

I posted on Facebook yesterday, "Today's the day. My youngest child is 18, so *technically* an adult!" and she commented congratulating me on raising them and managing not to kill my ex.

I replied:

LOL!
You: Says something about me killing the ex.
Him: Spent years implying that you might kill me, or him, or somebody.
Me: Thrilled to have gotten out without him killing me.
It's like "Who's On First?" The Tarantino version.

That's another thing I feel sorry about, I guess. The fact that I let my ex talk crap about her, acting like she's a dangerous and irrational and violent person, when I never really bought that. I mean, I'm sure she deserves respect and I don't think she's "harmless" exactly, but I think she's sane and I don't see her as the sort to just go crazy and do violent things. That's more him, not so much her. I feel like I should have spoken my mind and defended her, or something. Not just let his BS slander/gaslighting type talk, calling women he wronged "crazy" stand unchallenged. Or something. I dunno.
I got that apology. She was so sorry she helped him avoid paying child support and did the work required and filed the paperwork. That she also realized I wasn't the crazy one after a violent episode of her own.

That didn't make me feel any better.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I got that apology. She was so sorry she helped him avoid paying child support and did the work required and filed the paperwork. That she also realized I wasn't the crazy one after a violent episode of her own.

That didn't make me feel any better.
Hm, yeah, at least he didn't have kids with this one. She was Wife #2. Wife #1 had two children, and they were infant and 2 when he left. He swore for years that the baby was not his, that she was cheating on him, and blah blah blah. Dodged child support like Neo dodging slow-mo bullets. Eventually, as I was tired of the debt following us around, I started making sure the payments were made (to the state, since Wife1 was on welfare) and I let them take the entirety of our tax refunds, and it got paid off. Then I found the kids later on social media and wouldn't ya know, the baby, all grown up now, looks JUST like him.

He refused to have contact with those kids their whole lives. I'd like to hope that they are not too damaged by that fact, but their social media profiles tell a pretty bad story.

He had over $20k in child support debt to the state when we met. Sometimes I wish I could get a hold of my 18 year old self and shake her for ignoring all the red flags...

Anyhow, yeah, still not convinced there's any point in saying it, but I FEEL apologetic though, towards Wife#2. Oh well.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:00 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Wow. That is scary stuff, Sonic.

Today, went to buy a new winter coat. The Carhartt I had for a while and was broke in and comfortable smelled of diesel. I soaked the whole left arm in diesel trying to change a fuel filter on my pickup last fall. Washed it a half dozen times, still smells of diesel. $130 for a new jacket.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:06 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,278,243 times
I think it could be good for women to compare notes, when dating the same man (not at the same time ofc). The problem is, women tend not to trust each other when it comes to perceived competition over a man.

Are guys more likely to tell horror stories about exes? Maybe to preemptively smear her, in case she tells on him?

My stalker when he was trying to woo me told me horror stories about his ex wife, like she randomly beat him with a frying pan in his sleep, for NO reason, knocking his teeth out, and that she was sleeping around with everyone and he was the long suffering devoted husband, even willing to raise a child by another man who impregnated her (she lost the pregnancy).

It did make me feel sorry for him but I found her on facebook and found her actually very likeable, from reading her page. She didnt appear to be this evil violent cheating harpy at all.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:36 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
I’ve been noticing that men who say they date crazy women, are the ones partaking in the crazy making behavior, and so it’s no wonder there’s a pattern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships