Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2019, 12:15 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times

Advertisements

Trying to get things some here. The plumber shows up and I answer the door, greet him in French, and go on talking for about 20 seconds. He was polite enough to wait until I am finished before he asks me if I speak ... English. He holds up a finger and says “un momento”. So I start prattling off in Spanish. Tuned out he was an American with a French wife and couldn’t speak a lick of French ( and his Spanish was pretty limited). Lol
I messed with him for a couple of minutes before his partner came up and I greeted him.... in English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 03:25 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Today’s random thought: Do you think that Jim Henson ever used Kermit as an oven mitt?

Old 11-14-2019, 04:18 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Trying to get things some here. The plumber shows up and I answer the door, greet him in French, and go on talking for about 20 seconds. He was polite enough to wait until I am finished before he asks me if I speak ... English. He holds up a finger and says “un momento”. So I start prattling off in Spanish. Tuned out he was an American with a French wife and couldn’t speak a lick of French ( and his Spanish was pretty limited). Lol
I messed with him for a couple of minutes before his partner came up and I greeted him.... in English.

hmmmm...Did he speak to his wife in pig latin???.....

Old 11-14-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Today’s random thought: Do you think that Jim Henson ever used Kermit as an oven mitt?

yep...

Old 11-14-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
hmmmm...Did he speak to his wife in pig latin???.....
I am guessing she’s bi-lingual?

Old 11-14-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I am guessing she’s bi-lingual?

My beloved daughter had the opportunity to be an exchange student for a year. She lived with a very nice family outside Paris. She said she loved every minute she was able to spend in France. She has many very happy memories......She is fluent in french, i'm not...Oui Oui...

Old 11-14-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

My beloved daughter had the opportunity to be an exchange student for a year. She lived with a very nice family outside Paris. She said she loved every minute she was able to spend in France. She has many very happy memories......She is fluent in french, i'm not...Oui Oui...
Paris is lovely and has a lot of history, but I prefer the south. I am about an hour from Marseille and a couple hours north of Nice and Cannes. Does she get to practice her French much back home?
Rather than saying oui oui... say “ouqis” ( pronounced “whe”) and end your sentence with “quoi”, it’ll make you sound more French. Lol

Last edited by Sydney123; 11-14-2019 at 06:43 PM..

Old 11-14-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Paris is lovely and has a lot of history, but I prefer the south. I am about an hour from Marseille and a couple hours north of Nice and Cannes. Does she get to practice her French much back home?
Rather than saying oui oui... say “ouqis” ( pronounced “whe”) and end your sentence with “quoi”, it’ll make you sound more French. Lol

My daughter has been back to France a couple times. One of the family's daughters is her sister from another mother......They (my daughter & husband) have met up with her on vacations in Germany & Portugal. They had amazing great times...

Old 11-15-2019, 01:51 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
There is this dude that stands on the street that I pass on the way home from work. He's there two three days a week and he's holding up signs and screaming out how we all need to find Jesus (didn't know he was lost BTW) and how we're sinners and all of that schtick. He doesn't appear to be homeless. He doesn't appear to be a wide eyed mental patient, for the most part, sans the yelling at passersby part.

Do these people really think that they are going to convert people over doing this sort of thing??? I'm literally confused here.

Old 11-15-2019, 02:22 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There is this dude that stands on the street that I pass on the way home from work. He's there two three days a week and he's holding up signs and screaming out how we all need to find Jesus (didn't know he was lost BTW) and how we're sinners and all of that schtick. He doesn't appear to be homeless. He doesn't appear to be a wide eyed mental patient, for the most part, sans the yelling at passersby part.

Do these people really think that they are going to convert people over doing this sort of thing??? I'm literally confused here.
If anything it would make me convert to atheism. Albeit non practicing atheism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships