Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2020, 10:39 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
So.... I met someone.....
Good for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2020, 12:11 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
So.... I met someone.....

I hope you have some awesome great times...

Old 01-26-2020, 12:33 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Being a bit of a Debbie Downer, a friend and former coworker died suddenly this week. She was in her mid-40s, same age as I am. The funeral was yesterday, and I was a bit disheartened to see how empty the church was outside of her family. Especially since she was so involved with her community and church and hobbies. Everyone was on social media saying how shocked and sad they were and other people who worked with her were crying in the breakroom, but they didn't show up to the service. I know this is a very "OK, Boomer" thing to say (even though I'm solidly GenX): no one loves a funeral, but hitting the sad face emoji on Facebook isn't the same thing as being there for someone who was there for everyone else.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:52 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Being a bit of a Debbie Downer, a friend and former coworker died suddenly this week. She was in her mid-40s, same age as I am. The funeral was yesterday, and I was a bit disheartened to see how empty the church was outside of her family. Especially since she was so involved with her community and church and hobbies. Everyone was on social media saying how shocked and sad they were and other people who worked with her were crying in the breakroom, but they didn't show up to the service. I know this is a very "OK, Boomer" thing to say (even though I'm solidly GenX): no one loves a funeral, but hitting the sad face emoji on Facebook isn't the same thing as being there for someone who was there for everyone else.
Sorry to hear this. Of course people should make the effort to go if possible. A friend of the family died a week or so ago. We wanted to go but we were both pretty sick and felt lousy. Feel a bit guilty we didn't go we also didn't want to get others sick too. Especially Mrs Chow's 83 yr old mom.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:06 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm sorry about your friend, fleetie. Yes, going to a funeral is one of the most difficult things to do in life. That's why it means so much to people when they do show up. It's too bad more people didn't attend.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Sorry to hear that, Fleetiebelle. Funerals are no fun. News of Kobe Bryant and his daughter dying in a helicopter crash was shocking.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:05 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Sorry to hear that, Fleetiebelle. Funerals are no fun. News of Kobe Bryant and his daughter dying in a helicopter crash was shocking.
I think it feels so surreal because he was such a "larger-than-life" person. I don't follow basketball, but I'm still blown away by his death.

I keep thinking about his wife losing both her child and her husband in such a tragic way, and my mind just shirks away from it. It doesn't want to let me go there.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:00 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Three years ago yesterday a friend who was an Air Force pilot crashed in his personal plane. It was fatal.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Philly, California and Lower Merion are very sad learning about the Kobe Bryant's death.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:13 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I think it feels so surreal because he was such a "larger-than-life" person. I don't follow basketball, but I'm still blown away by his death.

I keep thinking about his wife losing both her child and her husband in such a tragic way, and my mind just shirks away from it. It doesn't want to let me go there.
Yeah the men in my family are torn up about it. It is terribly tragic. It reminds me of plane crash Aaliyah died in when she was only 22. God.....I loved her.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships