Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 05:14 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Day 1 of working from home. Not too bad, but the cat isn't happy when I shut him out of my bedroom. My Mom is sick. She is being tested for CV today. She went to check in for a surgery and they checked her temp, and she had a fever. Otherwise, she thought she maybe had allergies or something. They've quarantined her pending test results. She is texting me updates...
I hope she feels better very soon. That must be pretty frightening, for you and for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 07:01 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
Day 1 of working from home. Not too bad, but the cat isn't happy when I shut him out of my bedroom. My Mom is sick. She is being tested for CV today. She went to check in for a surgery and they checked her temp, and she had a fever. Otherwise, she thought she maybe had allergies or something. They've quarantined her pending test results. She is texting me updates...
Hope she is OK!!!

Old 03-27-2020, 01:04 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Good luck to you and your mom, Sonic.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:33 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Thanks everyone!

She does not have test results yet. I'm waiting to hear from her.

Last night, I got so tired of all the stress and the general feelings of doom and gloom, I had this idea to watch Loony Toons cartoons. Lucky me, my fiance is a fan and he actually has DVDs of them. It was a good idea I think, because just having them on...it is an echo out my childhood, one of a kind of comforting "normalcy." Just the theme song. The stupid humor. (Mostly because they were on in the background a lot when I was a kid...they push some kind of deeply programmed button that signals for me, "Well I'm a bit bored, but otherwise everything is fine.")

Old 03-27-2020, 01:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
It is Married with Children reruns for me. Supplies are running low. I am about out of coffee.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:54 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I just sat in a pretty much useless Zoom meeting for work. I'm kind of a plain talker, for the most part. I don't like uselss jargon and buzzwords and this company I work for is a large corporation and man they just love all to use all of the latest and greatest business phrases. Sending out emails and things along those lines are now called "pushing" out. I'm trying to think of a few more, I was just sitting there pretty much doing this the whole time. It's a good thing that I can't find the stroking it emoticon, it would be a much better fit.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:03 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
We just had a Zoom happy hour. Everybody's talking about how to grocery shop in these odd times. It's weird seeeing everyone onscreen like the Brady Bunch, and no one knows when to talk.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:20 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
We just had a Zoom happy hour. Everybody's talking about how to grocery shop in these odd times. It's weird seeeing everyone onscreen like the Brady Bunch, and no one knows when to talk.
Yeah, it's a pretty cool technology really, along with MS's Team. I think for those that remote on the reg it could be some useful tools.

Pretty cool on the HH thing. LOL, were people actually having cocktails or just meeting up to chat? Or both, I guess. LOL.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:24 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I had a cider, some other people were drinking wine or just water. I'm not really a social butterfly, but I do miss running into people around the office and chatting about vacations or that thing on Netflix you just saw. When everyone's remote normal interactions have to be so planned and scheduled.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:25 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I had a cider, some other people were drinking wine or just water. I'm not really a social butterfly, but I do miss running into people around the office and chatting about vacations or that thing on Netflix you just saw. When everyone's remote normal interactions have to be so planned and scheduled.
Exactly. I don’t have the “planned response” skill, or just can’t seem to have the need. Now that the whole office is wfh we start every morning with group Skype. I hate idle chit chat. As soon as I participate I shut the conversation down pretty quickly. It just ends for the day. Hopefully my manager will spare the others and forget to include me.
Sample-
Them:
“Good morning!”
“Morning!”
“Hello!”
(Various versions 25 times)
“Anyone hear when the stimulus checks will arrive?”
“I already have plans for mine.”
“I get $500 extra for each dependent. I hope the kids don’t find out.”
(Laughter emoticons all around.)
“What if the IRS doesn’t have my direct deposit info because I’ve always had to pay in?”
“What if I just got divorced and used to file joint?”
Me:
“What if you were homeless or currently hospitalized with covid19? I’m not sure what I’ve done to deserve free money, and I have a job.”

Crickets

Heh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships