Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2016, 05:03 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,181,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post

It is crazy there. In the early 90's I had a new house in Manorville out east. That was farm land back then and pretty inexpensive in comparison to the rest of the Island. Now it looks like the city and Suffolk county just keep move east and taking over. It is way to crowded for me.
We're right by Brookhaven National Lab now, so not too far from Manorville. It's still cheap by Long Island standards (because its a ***** of a commute to pretty much anywhere), but still pretty expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Cool…Vermont is beautiful. Have you ever tapped maple trees? They do that around here. I may see how it is done this year When I was a teen I went on a bike trip and rode through Vermont and New Hampshire. I would like to go back with my DH and also go up to Maine which I have never been to.
Oh yeah. In my youth, sugaring season was a big deal. I try to recreate it for my kids by pouring hot syrup on snow, but it's just not the same I feel kind of sad that they may never really "get" the New England lifestyle, but I can always look forward to them sending the grandkids up to me every year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
VT taxes are high. Perhaps higher than NY. NH is the opposite, if I'm not mistaken.
NH is... interesting. My brother moved to the NH side of the bridge a few years back (thinking it would be cheaper than the VT side), but it turns out that what they don't charge in taxes, they charge in "fees", so it ends up being just as expensive as the rest of New England. For us, if would have been really cheap if we moved back to northern VT or NH, but we ended up staying in NY for a few reasons (partly to help my in-laws, partly because our oldest child's disabilities [he would never have got the services in rural NE that he got here]), so its all for the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 05:30 PM

4,000 posts, read 4,065,440 times
London: Let me reiterate what Chow said. Sleep apnea is more than just having your sleep broken up. It can affect other parts of your health - including your heart. A "good candidate" for it is a person who never feels rested, has trouble concentrating, is depressed and/or can fall asleep almost anywhere. (And of course, depression is a symptom of sleep problems. Sleep problems are a symptom of depression. So a person could have one or the other or both!)

And, yes, I just heard this past week how those energy drinks are bad for your heart.

I know it's difficult to get to a doctor sometimes. A person has to (generally) take time away from work. And these days (when some of us have a $6K deductible), we have to worry about how fast that can add up. BUT, not going to the doctor made MG's condition worse. I can only imagine how much longer he would have had if he would have been more informed. MG's reluctance came from having a biopsy several years ago before they gave any form of anesthesia. Fast forward to us meeting and I convinced him to at least talk to the doctor about options. That's when he found out that they now do biopsies with "twilight sleep". And he found out that it wasn't the horrible experience that the first time was.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:07 PM

2,589 posts, read 2,278,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I only sleep about 3/4 hours a night on average and don't understand why, I'm quite tired usually and drink a few of them energy drinks ( monster ) to keep up or wake up.

It could be the energy drinks are preventing you from getting adequate sleep. Try cutting down on those drinks, especially late in the afternoon. Alcohol consumption can hurt sleep as well.

If the above doesn't help, maybe the doc will give you some kind of sedative to take sometime before bedtime.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,666,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I have had sleep apnea for years now and I'm always groggy and tired, memory is one of the things that it affects. I suffer from CRS
Crotch restless syndrome?

Old 08-21-2016, 07:39 PM

Old 08-21-2016, 07:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,666,396 times
Lmao! Sorry......bad Raena bad Raena!

Old 08-21-2016, 10:36 PM

51,844 posts, read 52,235,316 times
Yep.

Last edited by Chowhound; 09-11-2016 at 04:29 AM..

Old 08-21-2016, 11:19 PM

2,589 posts, read 2,278,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yep.
I saw them when they warmed up for Sabbath in '99.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:29 PM

51,844 posts, read 52,235,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I saw them when they warmed up for Sabbath in '99.
I watched some cops type show that showed the whole event at the nightclub where Darrel was gunned down, it was pretty horrific watching all of the club's footage and hearing the police officers accounts of that night. Crazy stuff. According to a million people Dimebag was a really nice nice guy.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:54 AM

This made me chuckle (cuz sometimes it's the little things):

Is your refrigerator running?

I hope so cuz I want to vote for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships