Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 03:32 AM

105 posts, read 118,879 times

Advertisements

Extremely hypocritical as always. If this were the other way around women would be saying he should support her not telling him she's a total loser and she should go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 03:44 AM

302 posts, read 230,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoznots View Post
Extremely hypocritical as always. If this were the other way around women would be saying he should support her not telling him she's a total loser and she should go away.
Not in today's world. I see you are still true to form.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:13 AM

105 posts, read 118,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free.spirit View Post
Not in today's world. I see you are still true to form.
Yes, in today's world. A man not acquiesce to every woman's demand it viewed as a horrible person, but a woman that doesn't is a horrible person and a bad man.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:42 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
Before you know it, you will feel obligated to help him and he'll feel like you owe it to him because you are in a relationship. Then you'll feel guilty about asking him to pay you back and eventually you will either run out of money and he'll find someone else to take care of him, or you will get sick of paying, dump him, and have little left of your savings. Does not sound fun to me.
This. You might want to reconsider the relationship if he continues to ask you for money, chances are he cannot gives you security and a stable relationship.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:14 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
You need to decide if you want to be the "breadwinner" of the couple. It's perfectly okay to do so, but you have to DECIDE you do. It would be unusual mostly from the standpoint that he's not a SAHF...are you willing to take sole responsibility for making the house payment and to pay all the bills? Because any money he makes will likely only be incidental....if he does better than that, fantastic but certainly don't ever count on his income for anything.

Do NOT dump any of your money in his business. You can let him live with you and feed him but he has to finance his OWN ventures. Above all, do NOT marry him unless you want to take on all his debt and be responsible for it. If you are looking for marriage, keep this in mind above all.
Quote:
Nope - if I was a guy with a woman like that I'd do the same thing. After all, most men, though they expect their woman to work don't have high hopes that they'll earn much of anything meaningful! I mean, if they do then that's great but men rarely COUNT on women for income. That's exactly what I'm advising for her. To just accept that he'll not amount to much financially but don't go into debt over him.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:41 PM

458 posts, read 329,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
1) Keep your finances separate.

2) Don't loan him any more money.

3) Decide if he is in a temporary slump or if he has character or decision-making problems that have gotten him in this mess.

If he's not just in a slump, I would reevaluate whether I wanted to stay with him.
Yep. What she said.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:07 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:
This is so true!

Old 06-26-2016, 07:04 PM

366 posts, read 493,486 times
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoznots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
This is so true!
Yep, is very true. I learned this acronym on this board yesterday, I now see the merit: MGTOW

Old 06-28-2016, 10:53 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,092 times
What is more important to you, love or money?

Usually if a new business fails, it fails in the first 2 years. He is still at it 4 years later. One of my favorite sayings in business comes from Biz Stone, the guy who founded Twitter. "Timing, perseverance, and 10 years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success."

It's the truth. Success doesn't happen overnight, and I would admire a man who stays true to his dream and is willing to make sacrifices and struggle through tough times to make it come true. If he is dedicated to his business, he will probably be the same way in a relationship and be willing to stay through tough times in a relationship, too.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:04 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times
If you love him, you will give him money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships