Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 10:14 AM

9 posts, read 61,432 times

Advertisements

Girlfriend and I were having sex maybe 2x a week. We’ve been dating maybe 5-6 months. Now its been like almost a month and no sex. She says sexual things to me.. but we don’t have sex. We are still very together, and she is actually acting more in love and saying/doing things for me. Like interested in my life more and more, and being a part of it. I mean.. things are going well. I am a guy she actually could consider in her future and have been better to her, as she says, then any guy before her. I made it clear Im not in the relationship for sex and don’t want her to feel used in any way sexually. I don’t pressure her much at all and never ask for sex. The most I do is lay her on the bed and make-out and see if she is in the mood enough to say she wants to. Sometimes it seems like she is avoiding it, like making out on the bed or in a place that could go that way. So I’m confused. Just noticed a difference. I guess with women, it could be a million reason. Just looking for a few that are “more likely” I guess..

Old 06-19-2016, 10:22 AM

15 posts, read 21,525 times
I think your best bet is to ask her.

It could be that she's tired or stressed.
It could be that she wants you to take the lead if it's usually her who initiates.

But the best way to know is to bring it up with her, I think, in a curious type of way.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:23 AM

531 posts, read 384,119 times
Usually a sign that there is some cheating going on. Id look into things if I were you OP

Old 06-19-2016, 10:24 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,024,345 times
You need to ask HER instead of coming here to ask us to guess.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoirgirlHotel View Post
I think your best bet is to ask her.

It could be that she's tired or stressed.
It could be that she wants you to take the lead if it's usually her who initiates.

But the best way to know is to bring it up with her, I think, in a curious type of way.
Yeah.. its kinda awkward though. I don't know how I should ask without sounding like Im mad at her for us not having sex. I'm not. I like being with her that way, but Im just confused is all. So I don't know how to ask. Now I am just thinking worst case scenarios, like cheating. But even that does not make sense cause of the way she has been acting. Kinda stressing a bit, and don't know what to say to her

Old 06-19-2016, 10:29 AM

579 posts, read 555,380 times
If you don't feel comfortable to ask her why you're not having sex then maybe it's not meant to be. It doesn't sound like cheating . Maybe she gained some pounds and is uncomfortable with her body (many women are very sensitive to any tiny amounts of weight gain so you might not see it..)

Old 06-19-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You need to ask HER instead of coming here to ask us to guess.
Like I said in the OP, Im just looking for reasons why someone would behave this way, and if they are how to ask them about it.. what to say

Old 06-19-2016, 10:37 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,147,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp3oh221 View Post
Yeah.. its kinda awkward though. I don't know how I should ask without sounding like Im mad at her for us not having sex. I'm not. I like being with her that way, but Im just confused is all. So I don't know how to ask. Now I am just thinking worst case scenarios, like cheating. But even that does not make sense cause of the way she has been acting. Kinda stressing a bit, and don't know what to say to her
You know!

You start kissing, then touching, one thing leads to another - and the next you know, you are both naked. She might be wondering why you aren't interested. How did that 2x a week usually go? She always initiated it?

Old 06-19-2016, 10:50 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp3oh221 View Post
Girlfriend and I were having sex maybe 2x a week. We’ve been dating maybe 5-6 months. Now its been like almost a month and no sex. She says sexual things to me.. but we don’t have sex. We are still very together, and she is actually acting more in love and saying/doing things for me. Like interested in my life more and more, and being a part of it. I mean.. things are going well. I am a guy she actually could consider in her future and have been better to her, as she says, then any guy before her. I made it clear Im not in the relationship for sex and don’t want her to feel used in any way sexually. I don’t pressure her much at all and never ask for sex. The most I do is lay her on the bed and make-out and see if she is in the mood enough to say she wants to. Sometimes it seems like she is avoiding it, like making out on the bed or in a place that could go that way. So I’m confused. Just noticed a difference. I guess with women, it could be a million reason. Just looking for a few that are “more likely” I guess..
If you have to ask a forum of folks online, then you have a serious communication problem.
Go ask HER. We can't possibly have a clue.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
You know!

You start kissing, then touching, one thing leads to another - and the next you know, you are both naked
Exactly like that. Usually she would come over for a bit and at some point I would lay her back on the bed and we would makeout, and it would move from that to feeling.. etc and then before you know it..

But the past few times, its been different. Shes either kinda barred me with her feet or turned a certain angle so it cant go that way. Hard to describe but I guess its like she wants a quick kiss or two, then before I can get aroused she is like "ready to go do that thing we were planning on doing today outside or someplace etc etc." and we leave. Like she is not in the mood at all. I get that sometimes, that fine. But a month? We've had lots of opportunity and places. Even some times she's at my place late and no room-mates or anyone around, but she wants to either not stay long, or not come in at all to my place. Its all just like she's avoiding it. I dunno. And I don't know how to ask "hey, why havent we had sex lately? Is something wrong?" cause if its complicated, then she might not say. If its cheating, she wont say. So I don't know of a "good" way to ask or a good sentence I could ask her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.