Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 05:26 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times

Advertisements

Well, if you were to ask them after they had hot, steamy sex in their car together they will tell you it wasn't their intention.

Bologna! If you put yourself in a compromising situation then you are asking for it.

I agree with a couple quick messages to say hi but there is no reason for a meet up.

If they really need to meet they should take their spouse with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 05:31 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MergerArbitrage View Post
Wonder why they broke up...
After 30 years, and him being married...how does it even matter now?

No, not a great idea because you can never go back.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:31 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,790,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Unless it is required to have coffee while naked in a hotel room I don't see an issue with meeting a friend for coffee even if one is married to someone else.
Their spouses might have an issue with it. My rule of thumb while married was don't do it if you don't feel comfortable telling your spouse.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:39 AM

22,567 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
I think it's not a good idea because she's married and so is he.
I think it is none of your business.

Are you married, OP?
Are YOU able to have coffee with married women, at work or elsewhere?

Old 06-21-2016, 07:19 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
I have a female friend who recently connected with her high school sweetheart of 30 years ago on social media. I think it's not a good idea because she's married and so is he. They aren't married to each other. She said she misses the good moments they shared in high school. They're meeting up for coffee.
Is this bad or ok?
Are we talking coffee one time? Okay. As long as their spouses know.

Are we talking coffee that leads to a discreet lunch which leads them to some tawdry rutting in a charge-by-the-hour motel on the outskirts of town? Likely not a good idea.

Just remember. The word 'FaceBook' can be found in roughly 25% of all divorce filings today. I had an old flame look me up on Facebook four years ago. We had an online conversation that was just catching up. But by the fourth conversation, she was telling me how her marriage was a shambles and wondering why we ever broke up, and how I was so good to her. I immediately defriended her because I knew where that was going. And, yes, my wife had full knowledge of our conversations.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:11 AM

914 posts, read 765,635 times
Well, it's not really your business to be concerned about anyway. That said, as long as their spouses know they are meeting up for coffee and they are okay with it, then it shouldn't be a problem. Now, if they're doing something that they wouldn't want to tell their spouses about, then it's not the way to go. Either way, it's not my issue or yours.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:24 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
Leave the past in the past.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:06 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,650 times
not cool...
if it were really innocent, maybe just maybe it would be a couples event...even though that also would be a bit awkward

Old 06-21-2016, 10:13 AM

264 posts, read 183,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Unless it is required to have coffee while naked in a hotel room I don't see an issue with meeting a friend for coffee even if one is married to someone else.

Naked coffee isn't the norm? Huh....no wonder the break room clears out every time I start pouring coffee......
(puts clothes back on)

My two bits, it's probably not a big deal, but it's definitely tempting fate in my book. However, OP, even if it's a bad idea, what can you do about it? It isn't really your place to say in this case.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:29 AM

780 posts, read 678,295 times
Like most stated, it's none of your business what they do.

But, if what you say matters to your friend, I don't think it's a good idea.

Sure, it's just coffee, but she specifically noted that she missed the good old days. This could lead to her thinking they're meant to be or that if she hits a rocky spot with her husband, she'll think of him. Sure, it's just coffee, but this is playing with fire, given the history and how she feels about their relationship with each other. Sure, it's just coffee, but how do affairs start?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships