Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 10:51 AM

302 posts, read 229,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Live a truthful life. Betraying your wife is not truthful living. You seem proud of cheating. I find that distasteful.
It sounds more like he was painfully lonely and wanting of human touch and affection. He was ignored and his wife was giving nothing to him. He stood by her and tried to help her asking for little.

It's like a plant finally getting sunlight. Yes cheating is not good but the experience showed him he was living in misery and now he is leaving.

It's annoying when people fixate on the "crime" instead of realizing cheating is often a symptom of something wrong or missing.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:08 AM

3 posts, read 1,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free.spirit View Post
It sounds more like he was painfully lonely and wanting of human touch and affection. He was ignored and his wife was giving nothing to him. He stood by her and tried to help her asking for little.

It's like a plant finally getting sunlight. Yes cheating is not good but the experience showed him he was living in misery and now he is leaving.

It's annoying when people fixate on the "crime" instead of realizing cheating is often a symptom of something wrong or missing.
Thank you so much. You hit the proverbial nail on the head. The encounter was not about just getting some sex. What I desperately missed was passion, touching, kissing..the afterglow afterward. That part of it meant so much to me I sent the "stranger" flowers just to say thank you. We never exchanged numbers or last names that night. I made an effort to find her and send anonymous roses to her work, with a note that only she could decipher. Why? Because it mattered to me that she knew it mattered to me. Having someone who valued and appreciated heartfelt feelings was way more important than the "crime" committed.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:10 AM

20,703 posts, read 19,874,832 times
of course he should have just left without going the cheater way. But he couldn't.

Some people need a kick in the butt to do what is necessary and some people need to go "to the other side" aka cheat to realize that their marriage can't go on the way it does.

What is better, cheat and divorce or hang in forever and both be miserable?

Old 06-23-2016, 11:18 AM

11,769 posts, read 11,983,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
of course he should have just left without going the cheater way. But he couldn't.

Some people need a kick in the butt to do what is necessary and some people need to go "to the other side" aka cheat to realize that their marriage can't go on the way it does.

What is better, cheat and divorce or hang in forever and both be miserable?
Mod cut.

There is no excuse to cheat. None.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-23-2016 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:28 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,003,016 times
Get out, the sooner the better. If she finds out she has lung cancer and THEN you leave, you will end up being vilified.

I think you knew you would get this reaction regarding the cheating. But, nobody has walked a mile in your shoes. That first reintroduction to passion is like diving into a pool after walking through 100 miles of desert.

By the way, never send flowers to a married woman at work. Awkward.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:39 AM

20,703 posts, read 19,874,832 times
I didn't say cheating was the right thing to do.

However, if I am married and never sleep with my husband and refuse anything that has to do with sex, I wouldn't be surprised if he looks elsewhere.

My personal opinion is that even when sex hurts me or I don't have the desire anymore, but my husband does, I should take one for the team and at least do something to him to satisfy him or allow him to find a lover on the side. I find it cruel to expect from your partner to just forget he has a penis just because my vag has retired.

Anyway, sex isn't the only issue with OP and his wife, so ... yes ... he should end it asap.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:49 AM

48,428 posts, read 34,609,506 times
So you HID your resentment to her so she doesn't know and then went and had an affair.

I would just divorce and get on with your lives.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-23-2016, 12:27 PM

44,307 posts, read 19,977,365 times
Multiple accounts are a direct violation of the Terms of Service. This thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships