Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 09:04 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times

Advertisements

Your current bf buys stuff for your kids?

So they had 4 daddys within the last year? The real dad, then couch guy, nice guy with small house, and now the needy guy?

If you think that your current bf is too clingy, why don't you just see him a few times a week - and keep him away from your kids, they really don't need to see another man around their mom all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 09:12 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooncesTheDrivingCat View Post
So you want a guy that.....
1) Is the provider, makes the money, mows the lawn, fixes stuff, etc.
2) Is manly and takes charge, except when it comes to you
3) Is meek and will let you be in charge when it comes to anything that directly affects your life
4) Is willing to be a father figure (but if I recall you don't want a guy with his own kids)
5) Is warm and cuddly when you want, but
6) Lets you have total freedom to go out whenever to do whatever you want when you don't want warm and cuddly (and he damn well better have the house painted when you get home).

It seems like you want a guy that has a great job but otherwise stands in the corner doing whatever you tell him to do whenever you tell him to do it. I think the odds of finding this guy are pretty slim.
I think you have my list pretty well figured out. You did a better job than I think I could even do. May I use this the next time I try online dating?

Old 06-24-2016, 09:13 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
no way this can be real.
+1

Old 06-24-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Your current bf buys stuff for your kids?

So they had 4 daddys within the last year? The real dad, then couch guy, nice guy with small house, and now the needy guy?

If you think that your current bf is too clingy, why don't you just see him a few times a week - and keep him away from your kids, they really don't need to see another man around their mom all the time.
Yes he pays for lots of things for them.

My kids never have dads. They still see couch guy. Needy guy scared off nice guy with small house. Lol I can't even go to the bathroom without him waiting on the other side of the door. Dog, 3 cats and a man standing and waiting. And people wonder why I want to stop for a beer? Alone time.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Yes he pays for lots of things for them.

My kids never have dads. They still see couch guy. Needy guy scared off nice guy with small house. Lol I can't even go to the bathroom without him waiting on the other side of the door. Dog, 3 cats and a man standing and waiting. And people wonder why I want to stop for a beer? Alone time.
I have to give you an A+ for being a tale spinner. If you could put in some drawl and banjo, you'd be a good draw on the Appalachian gut bucket circuit.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:27 AM

Honest to god, this is my real life. I have people that call me weekly for life updates because it is so flipping entertaining.

But I am slowly figuring out exactly what I want and what I refuse to put up with.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:31 AM

109 posts, read 65,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Nope, I am real. I am also focusing on figuring out who I am, what makes me tick and being real. Hopefully eventually it will help me figure out who my soul mate is and how I can do my part to making it work.
Have kids first. Figure out who you are later. Brilliant.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:33 AM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I would think that some self improvement would serve better than a shopping list of male traits.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-24-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MergerArbitrage View Post
Have kids first. Figure out who you are later. Brilliant.
I will be the first to say having a kid young is awful. Even worse when you have not found your place in life and you are responsible for dragging another little person on the journey. But I have done the best that I can. But life would have been way easier taking the conventional way of meeting someone, fall in love, marriage then kids. I have been spending the last 14 years trying to put the cart back behind the horse. Failing all the time.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I would think that some self improvement would serve better than a shopping list of male traits.
See and that is where I have an issue. I happen to love who I am. I don't want to change anything about me. I just want someone that loves me how I am without wanting to change me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships