Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 04:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Nope nope nope nope. We've been married 16 years and I still insist on condoms until he finally caves and gets snipped. My baby factory is closed and I have a bag of frozen peas in the freezer with his name on them.
Ahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 04:46 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I know how they are spread but realistically most stds are curable and the ones that aren't are fairly rare. I think I said this before. I also have never had an std. I mean I know it's bad and I have used condoms before but I just feel bad when guys do like they don't fully like me
This makes no kind of sense. Like at all.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:57 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
This makes no kind of sense. Like at all.
Just guessing but.......

I think it stems from what was mentioned earlier....... Some men will have women that they only want sex with on the sly, look at her as an object and so on, and are not particularly interested in her as a person.....

So in her mind the fact he's wants to use a condom and eliminate the possibility of getting more serious ( pregnant/std etc ) is a way of telling her that he's looking at her as I've mentioned above.....

To be honest i think it's just the bloke playing it safe and doesn't look down at her and she's well overthinking and worrying about nothing.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:05 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Just guessing but.......

I think it stems from what was mentioned earlier....... Some men will have women that they only want sex with on the sly, look at her as an object and so on, and are not particularly interested in her as a person.....

So in her mind the fact he's wants to use a condom and eliminate the possibility of getting more serious ( pregnant/std etc ) is a way of telling her that he's looking at her as I've mentioned above.....

To be honest i think it's just the bloke playing it safe and doesn't look down at her and she's well overthinking and worrying about nothing.
And that my good sir...is called "trapping."

Using pregnancy to keep a someone is a big "no no."

I very much agree with your final statement.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:15 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
You don't have to justify your actions or choices to anyone

Old 06-26-2016, 05:16 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
I know how they are spread but realistically most stds are curable and the ones that aren't are fairly rare. I think I said this before. I also have never had an std. I mean I know it's bad and I have used condoms before but I just feel bad when guys do like they don't fully like me
You do realize that gonorrhea is well on its way to becoming completely drug resistant, right? It's the second most common reported infectious disease (the first is chlamydia) in the U.S. If you look at the statistics, there were more than 300,000 infections in 2013, which is a whole lot for something that is "fairly rare". The drug resistant version is already in many countries and if you come into contact with someone who has it, you're stuck with it. I'll go with a guy not fully liking me and asking to use a condom than having gonorrhea for life because I've picked up a drug resistant strain.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:17 PM

458 posts, read 329,032 times
Oh dear.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:19 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:

I obviously completely agree my love but that's just one possible way of her looking at it I don't agree with it and certainly not trapping, It's a sad state of affairs either way as the trust is not there.

But if I'm honest I really hope I'm wrong and it's not the reason I've stated

Old 06-26-2016, 05:29 PM

741 posts, read 478,454 times
Quote:

I don't think you can trap anyone. If a guy picks unprotected sex it's whatever

Old 06-26-2016, 05:53 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Gezus.

STD Facts - Chlamydia
"Most people who have chlamydia have no symptoms. "

The initial damage that chlamydia causes often goes unnoticed. However, chlamydia can lead to serious health problems.

If you are a woman, untreated chlamydia can spread to your uterus and fallopian tubes (tubes that carry fertilized eggs from the ovaries to the uterus), causing pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). PID often has no symptoms, however some women may have abdominal and pelvic pain. Even if it doesn’t cause symptoms initially, PID can cause permanent damage to your reproductive system and lead to long-term pelvic pain, inability to get pregnant, and potentially deadly ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the uterus).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships