Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 01:10 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times

Advertisements

I loved this article and it sums up exactly what goes on in my relationship life.

https://jamesmsama.com/2015/01/11/po...-strong-women/
With the exception, that I am not career driven, it spells out exactly what I have always wanted but never been able to locate.

I have often said men like the idea of me, but once they have me, they can't handle me.

Not much to talk about, but a good read about strong women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 01:24 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
I didn't see being a handyman/plumber/babysitter in there

Old 06-23-2016, 01:26 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Falls under team player...

Old 06-23-2016, 01:28 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
Too long to read, lol

but I don't agree with this

"Just because a woman may be in charge from 9-5 on Monday through Friday, doesn’t mean she wants the same responsibilities in a relationship. At the end of the day, many women still appreciate a man who is the man, and will make plans for them on date night."

Even it does not say all strong women would appreciate "a man who is the man" it still might have generazing impact.

It should say "some" women if have to highlight that part. Annoying to feed that image when it is so hard to get men to understand that no, not all women want a man to decide for them.

Plans can be done together so both are happy.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:30 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Haha

I can agree with the list. But sometimes, it's not about men not being able to handle strong women. So much as men can't handle woman who are more trouble than they're worth.

Plenty of strong women have decent men. So being strong isn't the problem. So much as some have very negative traits about themselves that they pass off as "strong", when it isn't. Thus most decent people aren't interested.

Like people who think arrogance = confidence. And if people dislike their arrogance, it becomes "They hate me because they hate confident people, and want someone insecure." It couldn't be that they're just stuck on themselves, which puts people off, and for good reason.

Last edited by HappyRain; 06-23-2016 at 01:45 PM..

Old 06-23-2016, 01:31 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Yeah, I'm not seeing how this applies specifically to relationships with self-proclaimed "strong women".

Old 06-23-2016, 01:39 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
where is the popcorn? I am getting for another 40 page thread.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:43 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Haha

I can agree with the list. But sometimes, it's not about men not being able to handle strong women. So much as men can't handle woman who are more trouble than they're worth.

Plenty of strong women have decent men. So being strong isn't the problem. So much as some have very negative traits about themselves that they pass off as "strong", when it isn't. Thus must decent people aren't interested.

Like people who think arrogance = confidence. And if people dislike their arrogance, it becomes "They hate me because they hate confident people, and want someone insecure." It couldn't be that they're just stuck on themselves, which puts people off, for good reason.
Well said, and solid analogy.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:48 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
So really, what this is trying to say that strong women are better matched to men who are secure, mature adults and do not act like children.

Well, same goes for men. They have better relationships with secure, mature women too.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:52 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
So really, what this is trying to say that strong women are better matched to men who are secure, mature adults and do not act like children.

Well, same goes for men. They have better relationships with secure, mature women too.
Suprise factor is that individuals defines and classify "mature" or "immature" different.

What one thinks is mature is immature for another and vice versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships