Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 11:39 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times

Advertisements

You should define this situation with the man involved and keep your clothes on until you are both clear on what is wanted and expected by both of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 11:59 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennymm View Post
Sorry what do you mean by "they were more selective" ?
I have a good size circle of friends... not all of them I was intimate with. My GF and I didn't bed with just anyone.... we were selective in the sense that we had a comfort , trust and mutual respect for them as well as an attraction. We not only enjoyed giving and receiving pleasure we ha a genuine interest in them as a close friends.

They were and continue to be an integral part of my life... even after I stopped having sex with them.

Anything less is just left me feel empty.....

Old 06-28-2016, 12:47 PM

50 posts, read 161,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I have a good size circle of friends... not all of them I was intimate with. My GF and I didn't bed with just anyone.... we were selective in the sense that we had a comfort , trust and mutual respect for them as well as an attraction. We not only enjoyed giving and receiving pleasure we ha a genuine interest in them as a close friends.

They were and continue to be an integral part of my life... even after I stopped having sex with them.

Anything less is just left me feel empty.....

Oh okay- I understand what you mean now.
I am not having sex with random guy.
I do respect him a lot and he never shown me disrespect of course he is human- therefore not prefect -
Yes he is not being direct per say and it is confusing because neither of is expressing what we want.
Yes probably he does just want sex from me and having regular contact with me is a way of not losing that because I told him I don't do emotional less sex - And when we do sleep together it is more than just in and out.
We do have stronge passion connection.
But we don't have TRUST - well, I don't trust him at all and that's where the blame lies.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:51 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,151,071 times
From reading this forum I think the term "friends with benefits" is tossed around pretty loosely these days.

This isn't the first thread where a woman has decided to settle for casual sex with a guy she has feelings for, under the guise that it's "friends with benefits." It isn't, and even if it were, a "friends with benefits" situation does not work if one party has romantic feelings for the other.

I can't tell if guys are using this phrase to try to finagle an ongoing sexual relationship with women they have no intention of dating, or if it's the women who are coming up with that term to describe what's going on, because FWB is considered socially acceptable and mainstream? Or it makes them feel better about the romantic rejection?

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with casual sex...I just hate to see women settling for that from guys they'd prefer to date...under the guise that they are "friends with benefits." It's never going to end well.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:41 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,954,275 times
FWB? sounds more like a train wreck looking for a place to happen. Sounds to me like you want a relationship, but will " settle" for what he's offering just to keep things going.
Women will often agree to a FWB in lieu of an actual relationship ( important part)... "With the hopes that it will turn into a relationship", and when things go south.. They're ( quite naturally) devastated. People who engage in FWB type relationships are usually looking for that type of relationship.... Not " settling " for them.
I've been in one for going on two years.... We are not exclusive and free to see other people.
He has no say in what I do, whom I date, or who I have sex with nor how tight my pants are.
All of which were discussed and agreed upon very early on.... Not shoved down the other's throat after the fact. Ask yourself this... How would you feel if you found out he was seeing other women beside you? Would you be cool with that? If the answer is no... You're not ready for a FWB type arrangement. Ask him if he'd be cool with you seeing other people. My money says he won't.
If you are truly ok ( which I highly doubt) with a NO STRINGS arrangement, sit down and work out the details so everyone knows what to expect up front and there are no surprises.
Still... After reading your OP ... I don't see this ending well for you.
Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships