Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should I
Let him fix things he didn't know what he was doing and have him not drink or learn to drink 17 70.83%
Doubt him and doubt his intentions and that he is capable of cheating on me 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2016, 04:13 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,598,121 times

Advertisements

Based on your description of his condition, he clearly would have no memory of his actions. So who knows, he may have thought it was you, we will never know.

IMO, the big problem wasn't the fact he may have asked your friend for a kiss, it is clearly that he doesn't know how to handle his liquor, that would be my concern. Perhaps it might be best if he didn't drink at all.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 04:21 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,453,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Based on your description of his condition, he clearly would have no memory of his actions. So who knows, he may have thought it was you, we will never know.

IMO, the big problem wasn't the fact he may have asked your friend for a kiss, it is clearly that he doesn't know how to handle his liquor, that would be my concern. Perhaps it might be best if he didn't drink at all.
Most can handle a drink but every now and then ( especially a special occasion ) things can get out of hand and enjoy ourselves TOO much....

He will probably realise and feel a right tit and be more moderate and considerate next time

I'm sure once he sees her reaction or heard what he's done that will be the driving force behind him not getting THAT plastered again

End of story

Old 06-28-2016, 05:52 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,589,513 times
Alcohol makes people do stupid things.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:14 PM

11,365 posts, read 24,322,312 times
Drunks don't make a happy family life. Both of you need to get a grip. There's more at stake than a drunken pass.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:40 AM

2 posts, read 11,986 times
Thank you for all the advice, I appreciate it.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:46 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,152,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale615 View Post
I know my limit and my husband does not he's gotten blacked out before and acts like he normally wouldn't but doesn't remember, but nothing like what happened this night had ever happened we always go out together before we had kids and since we had kids we had not gone out just family parties. He has his nights where he can be a fun person to drink with especially if it's just us or if he limits himself.
Your husband has a problem with alcohol.

He is doing NOTHING new. You married a man who blacks out. He can't handle himself if he drinks too much.

Counseling is required. The problem isn't him trying to kiss your friend at this point (you could bring this up in counseling, but honestly, he's got other issues as well). It's him not being able to handle alcohol without going overboard. If you don't stop this now it will escalate.

He needs to clean up his act or this isn't going to work for you guys. You need to be firm. If you have any alcohol/drug issues, make sure you are owning that as well.

The kids involved are going to make this even harder...

Edit: sad to see all the people saying to let this go. Blacking out isn't normal or acceptable, especially when you have a wife and kids. OP's husband has blacked out more than once. As far as she knows, he hasn't done anything.

I'm not saying up and divorce, but this is a huge cause for concern. You guys are young, but you gave away your "act like kids" privilege when you got married and had babies. This behavior really needs to stop.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:53 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,573,449 times
Learn from this and do not take him drinking anymore. He obviously can't handle more than a couple drinks without acting a fool.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:15 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,278,832 times
This didn't sound like he knew whom he was asking to kiss him. He may have thought it was you. He may have had no idea that he was married, or had kids, or what his name was, or what planet he was from.

He does not have a cheating problem.

He has a drinking problem.

I would keep him as far away from alcohol as possible. He has some bad tendencies when it comes to drinking, and this may end up really bad.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:25 PM

28,840 posts, read 30,076,387 times
I think ya'll have a lesson to learn from this....

going out drinking with a 3rd person is not a good way to celebrate your anniversary.

I would ignore this and learn to never do this again....

it's ok to drink, but not ok to start with shots....

Next time, take your time, sit and talk, enjoy each other's company....maybe eat something first, and the idea is to not get falling down drunk.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:12 PM

88,007 posts, read 83,827,560 times
You have kids? Ugh.

Time to grow up, both of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships