Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should I
Let him fix things he didn't know what he was doing and have him not drink or learn to drink 17 70.83%
Doubt him and doubt his intentions and that he is capable of cheating on me 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 10:13 AM

2 posts, read 12,070 times

Advertisements

Okay so this weekend for our anniversary me and my husband decided we wanted to go out to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary. We are young been together for 4 years all together and we've never gone out clubbing or to bars since we have kids. We decided to invite my childhood best friend since she just moved back and I missed her, she's always around me and my husband and they have like a brother and sister relationship they argue sometimes but still get along she also has a bf for years.

So we decide to go out and let me tell you my best friend can DRINK! I know my limit and my husband does not he's gotten blacked out before and acts like he normally wouldn't but doesn't remember, but nothing like what happened this night had ever happened we always go out together before we had kids and since we had kids we had not gone out just family parties. He has his nights where he can be a fun person to drink with especially if it's just us or if he limits himself.

My friend orders tequila shots to start the night, they order 3 rounds over all along with many mixed drinks, I leave mine because it grossed me out. My husband never knows when to stop so he just keeps drinking. So this night we decide to go to a small bar and everything is good, we are all buzzed and still drinking till my husband comes back from the bathroom and the security behind him tells us he needs to leave because he is too drunk. We leave and as soon as the air hit him he starts acting ridiculous! We are all walking and he just randomly starts running away, i was soo mad that he got that drunk and my best friend goes after him because I couldn't run in my heels. Shethen calls me and calls me and keeps telling me to go where they are because he keeps running away from her. I finally get there and he is passed out on the floor with vomit all over him and my friend tells me im sorry but he tried to kiss me, he told "kiss me" and I smacked him and told him to shut up. My friend at this point is crying and I am just so mad I don't know what to do he doesn't remember a thing after getting kicked out I told him the next day and he started crying, he said he can't believe what he did that he would never do it to me. He calls my friend the next day to apologize. She just feels really uncomfortable and tells me I shouldn't let him drink and I know I can't let him he's been drunk around my friends before and he's never done anything like this

He's never done anything like this to me ever hes a great guy and I've never had problems like this with him but I don't know what to think he says he will stop drinking and he feels horrible but I just don't know ! Did he know what he was doing ? Is that the real him?

Last edited by Ale615; 06-28-2016 at 11:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 10:35 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,137,024 times
What we have here is a group of domesticated teetotalers with pent up inhibitions that were unleashed. It is also a case of adhering to the societal blueprint of emulating the frat boy/sorority ritual. I drink and am an alcoholic, but this behavior is nonsensical. First of all there is no need to belly up to the bar and order tequila shots and mixed drinks. Order a pitcher and chill. Your husband does not need to quit drinking. What he needs to do is learn the proper behavior and practices of a seasoned drinker. If he chooses to drink, a six pack of Pabst pounders for the night is all that is required. The whole routine of making a production out of going out needs to stop. Everyone thinks they are in a reality show.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:52 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Indeed so!!!

Welcome to the site Ale615,im sorry he did this...... People often do all kinds of stuff when drunk!!

Old 06-28-2016, 11:09 AM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Counseling required.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:10 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Tequila shots = bad decisions

Work on planning that third anniversary celebration without shots OR a third wheel.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:15 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,145 times
This person doesn't know how to use periods. That was exhausting to read.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:17 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale615 View Post
Okay so this weekend for our anniversary me and my husband decided we wanted to go out to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary we are young been together for 4 years all together and we've never gone out clubbing or to bars since we have kids we decided to invite my best friend since childhood since she just moved back and I missed her she's always around me and my husband and they have like a brother and sister relationship they argue sometimes but still get along she also has a bf for years

So we decide to go out and my best friend can DRINK I know my limit and my husband does not he's gotten blacked out before and acts like he normally wouldn't but doesn't remember but nothing like what happened this night had ever happened we always go out together before we had kids and since we had kids we had not gone out just family parties

My friend orders tequila shots to start the night they order 3 rounds over all along with many mixed drinks I leave mine because it grossed me out my husband never knows when to stop so he just keeps drinking so this night we decide to go to a small bar and everything is good we are all buzzed and still drinking till my husband comes back from the bathroom and the security behind him tells us he needs to leave because he is too drunk so we leave and as soon as the air hit him he starts acting ridiculous we are all walking and he just randomly starts running away i was soo mad that he got that drunk and my best friend goes after him because I couldn't run in my heels so she then calls me and calls me and keeps telling me to go where they are because he keeps running always from her so I finally get there and he is passed out on the floor with vomit all over him and my friend tells me im sorry but he tried to kiss me he told "kiss me" and I smacked him and told him to shut up my friend at this point is crying and I am just so mad I don't know what to do he doesn't remember a thing after getting kicked out I told him the next day and he started crying he said he can't believe what he did that he would never do it to me and he calls my friend the next day to apologize she just feels really uncomfortable and tells me I shouldn't let him drink and I know I can't let him he's been drunk around my friends before and he's never done anything like this

He's never done anything like this to me ever hes a great guy and I've never had problems like this with him but I don't know what to think he says he will stop drinking and he feels horrible but I just don't know ! Did he know what he was doing ? Is that the real him?
Live and learn: No more anniversaries with a third person. No more getting shYtfaced.

he passed out in his vomit so ..... no, he did NOT know what he was doing.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:29 AM

10,212 posts, read 17,864,610 times
I'm sorry, I couldn't finish reading this because it's all one giant run on sentence.

From what I managed to read, I really don't understand why you decided to go clubbing to celebrate your anniversary when you know you don't like it when your husband is drunk. You realize drinking is a large portion of what goes on in clubs? And that a lot of clubbers are single and looking to hook up with people? It's hardly the ideal place to celebrate a wedding anniversary, if you ask me.

I also don't understand why you invited your best friend along to your anniversary celebration. It'd be one thing if you invited a group of people, but why one person? This just makes them a third wheel.

You can't stop him or "let him" drink - if he wants to drink, he will drink. He's a grown man and can and will make his own decisions. If you think he has a drinking problem, and he agrees, then he needs to seek help for that. I'm a big believer in "a drunk person's words are a sober person's thoughts" - I think it applies to actions too. Alcohol doesn't force us do anything we don't want to do - it just lowers our inhibitions so we are more willing to do something that we wouldn't do sober, but there has to be some kind of interest in doing so deep down for it to happen.

Granted, it's not like he had sex with someone else. He tried to kiss someone and didn't even succeed. You will likely need marriage counseling to get past it but hopefully you can.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:32 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Sounds like he was plastered and so was your friend. Sounds like nothing really happened. For all you know, he thought she was you.

Seriously... why did you go out on an anniversary to a club and take along a friend? How old are the two of you?

Old 06-28-2016, 11:36 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Sounds like he was plastered and so was your friend. Sounds like nothing really happened. For all you know, he thought she was you.

Seriously... why did you go out on an anniversary to a club and take along a friend? How old are the two of you?

Seriously possibility, and said friend shut him down.

Could have gone much worse.

Honestly, I would sweep this all under the rug and just not do this again.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships