Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 10:16 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

Again, where does your kid go when you are sneaking off on trips like a teenager, as you put it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 10:17 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I did not mean to said he hits me. I mean that he knows if he did try and hit me I would hit him back. I don't back down from anything easily. He likes to throw things when he gets mad and I am pretty found of my things and don't like them getting damaged.
You didn't state that you fear his acting out violently?

Old 07-01-2016, 10:20 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Again, where does your kid go when you are sneaking off on trips like a teenager, as you put it?
My parents watch her. This is actually pretty normal in my culture ex grand parents helping out with child care.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:28 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
You didn't state that you fear his acting out violently?
I meant more in terms of breaking things and being vandictive if I tired to divorce him or take full custody. Regardless ... I can't deal with all that drama. He is going to be away in a month for a couple months. A tiny break would be good for both of us to help give each other time to do things as we please for a little bit. The glass still way more then 1/2 full. It could be way worse.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:28 PM

In case anyone was wondering how this situation turned out .... I am not getting divorced .... But I am going on the trip. Transportation booked, hotel booked and front row ticket to the concert purchased. Life is just too short to let other people even your spouse stop you from living out your goals and dreams. YOLO!

Old 07-16-2016, 03:37 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
In case anyone was wondering how this situation turned out .... I am not getting divorced .... But I am going on the trip. Transportation booked, hotel booked and front row ticket to the concert purchased. Life is just too short to let other people even your spouse stop you from living out your goals and dreams. YOLO!
Going to an out-of-town concert for a few days seems harmless enough, out of the two months that he'll be gone. But what's concerning is the fact that he doesn't approve of you taking a little break, even if the kids are well-looked-after. Is there a chance that he could be persuaded to go to a few sessions of couples counseling with you? He needs to face the reality that he's living in the West, married to (I assume) a Westerner, so some adjustment on his part needs to be made. Nothing radical, but you two should be able to find some middle ground, which would be fair.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:40 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Good for you and that's how it should be

I'm glad he's realised this

Have fun!!!!

Old 07-16-2016, 05:22 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Good to hear. Divorce can be nasty and as much as people don't like to hear it, it's not good for the kids, I also get that there is a point where a marriage can be bad for the kids too. I get that.

Hope things work out. Going on a solo trip as I've said through out this thread isn't in of itself a bad thing. I just had a problem with all of the posts about "he's not going to control me" crap, you can practically see all the head rollin and this stuff going on. I've said that spouses have a marital responsibility to discuss things has been my point.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:12 PM

Wink Discussion. ..lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Good to hear. Divorce can be nasty and as much as people don't like to hear it, it's not good for the kids, I also get that there is a point where a marriage can be bad for the kids too. I get that.

Hope things work out. Going on a solo trip as I've said through out this thread isn't in of itself a bad thing. I just had a problem with all of the posts about "he's not going to control me" crap, you can practically see all the head rollin and this stuff going on. I've said that spouses have a marital responsibility to discuss things has been my point.
Ummm I am not telling him .... he knows I am a little punk...but a faithful one. I think I often don't get his perspective. ...but try to test every limit. I have around 48 hours to dodge him lol so game on. As I express every time he busts me doing something he would disapprove of ... if you did not react this way I would tell you. He freaks out then gets over it. This concert is happening in Florida... California and other parts of Latin America ..... so me going to New York is nothing taking that in to account. I should be back before he notices with enough time to figure out how to clearly phones of any evidence lol. Everyone's got to have a few secrets '! Now I will have something to confess on my death bed.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:19 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
Ummm I am not telling him .... he knows I am a little punk...but a faithful one. I think I often don't get his perspective. ...but try to test every limit. I have around 48 hours to dodge him lol so game on. As I express every time he busts me doing something he would disapprove of ... if you did not react this way I would tell you. He freaks out then gets over it. This concert is happening in Florida... California and other parts of Latin America ..... so me going to New York is nothing taking that in to account. I should be back before he notices with enough time to figure out how to clearly phones of any evidence lol. Everyone's got to have a few secrets '! Now I will have something to confess on my death bed.
Sounds like an extremely healthy situation.

Hope you have a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships