Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2016, 04:58 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Men don't realize just how often women (attractive and not as attractive) are subjected to lewd comments and even worse. Just because YOU don't do it, it does not mean that its not happening.
Wrong....

There are men and most of them IMO that are not rude to women and one of the main reasons why is because of this ^^^^ and understand what you go through with bleeps like that

We know this very well infact as it gives the good and decent blokes that have manners a bad name and feel just as strongly as you do on the matter

Last edited by Londoncowboy30; 07-03-2016 at 05:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 09:59 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I disagree.

Low class women tend to chase bad boys. High class women tend to like men that are agreeable (and bend to their whims on various things).

From what I've seen, women primarily focus on: looks (equal to theirs), socioeconomic status (equal to or higher than theirs), and agreeableness in a long-term partner. Substitute agreeableness with fun, increase the looks threshold, and disregard socioeconomic status for short term partners.
Agreed. I don't **** and moan about why do "great women chase a-holes". If they were so great, well, water finds its lowest level, Period. It's just not my problem to worry about what crap women do to chase crap guys.

19-year old that I cavort with...I have no issue checking off all those boxes in her mind. She balances me out because she's just so darn adorable, for starters. I've also done the things in school/career that she wants to do. It's too bad we both work pretty different schedules and I'm in bed by the time her workday is done. I guess that will work itself out. On that former note, it's just funny how women try to be equal and one-up guys when that sentences them to life with cats. Guys have found women likable since the beginning and those women were never able to measure up in careers and whatnot. Now, they employ folks like Evan Marc Katz to "consult" with them when it's too late.

I'm doodling around on OKC and find that many cat ladies focus on crap that nobody truly cares about. I found a woman on my timeline (for lack of a better term) that urged guys who didn't think gays and lesbians should have children should block her immediately. Okay, it's not like she would have come up in my searches, but if she'd worry about a makeover, she'd instantly drop that silly demand over the attention she'd be getting.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:11 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamismo View Post
Most of the cute girls that I'm physically attracted to are always taken. I know, because I have approached them or found out through other people. I'm an above average looking guy, so I refuse to date a woman who I don't feel physically attracted to. Looks are very important to me, and to many others, no matter how much people refuse to admit it. If looks weren't important, men wouldn't be attracted to these beautiful women in the first place. If looks weren't important, women wouldn't wear all this makeup, hair, and get cosmetic procedures. If looks weren't important, all these beautiful celebs like Megan Fox, wouldn't be where they are right now.

I have disregarded women who were interested in me, simply, because their looks did not satisfy me. I didn't feel any physical attraction towards them.

It makes sense why most good looking women are already taken. If she is attractive, she knows it. She has been pursued and asked out since puberty. So, you are not the first one to try, chances are, someone else has already gotten her. If she happens to be single, it is rarely for long, they always have orbiters in their social circle, waiting for their turn. In a college classroom, probably 8 out 10 girls, already have a boyfriend.

This makes it very difficult to talk to women and show any kind of romantic interest. If she is attractive, I always assume she is already taken, which in 99% cases, she is. So, I not longer show any form of romantic or sexual interest to them.

Also, the fact that she gives you looks, smiles and attention don't mean anything. I have received looks from women, later to find out they were married, and even had a kid.

So, basically is like playing Russian roulette, you go there, blind and 100% vulnerable, you don't know anything about her, even if she was introduced through your social circles. You don't know if she is single, married, kids, you don't know if you her type or not. You are at her mercy and she decides your fate. It is all about luck, being at the right time and place, and if you happen to be her type or not. So many things have to align perfectly, it is ridiculous, almost if it was the creation of the universe.

Yet, women don't have to go through these problems, since they would never approach or show romantic interest in men, all they have to do is sit, wait and be pretty. She simply chooses whoever comes and if she is pretty, you better believe lots of men will come. It must be amazing to have this power over people.

If you're getting this worked up over dating.. you're trying too hard.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:32 AM

714 posts, read 747,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamismo View Post
The difference is that I look better than that guy and you too.

You want him to put work to be attractive? lmao short of plastic surgery and doing steroids, there is very little you can do, you either have good looks or you don't. Now, another self-righteous person claiming that the reason this or that guy is not doing well with women is because he lacks social skills lmao, no, he simply is not attractive enough to get a hot girl

This, assuming hot girls are single, which is NOT the case for most of them

You can look like brad pitt or thor if you want, it won't mean crap, if all of them have boyfriends.

gotta love internet forum, every time a guy claims that he is having problems dating or finding a girlfriend, to you, it always has to be social skills, as if having social skills and confidence, suddenly is going to make all women drop their panties

confidence is the biggest myth in the dating community

Women are attracted to good looks, money, status, power, etc. Any idiot can have confidence and some social skills, even the redneck down the street can have amazing social skills, doesn't mean crap. I know homeless guys with amazing social skills and confidence, doesn't mean anything
Ok now it seems you're just making things up for dramatic effect...

Old 07-05-2016, 10:14 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Men don't realize just how often women (attractive and not as attractive) are subjected to lewd comments and even worse. Just because YOU don't do it, it does not mean that its not happening.
I've seen it in public. The catcalls, the "wassup baby" comments, and many more and I think those men are pathetic and creepy. Like did some of these men's mother's teach them how to talk to women. Even at the age of 26 my mother would slap the crap out of me for disrespecting any woman.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:00 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Wrong....

There are men and most of them IMO that are not rude to women and one of the main reasons why is because of this ^^^^ and understand what you go through with bleeps like that

We know this very well infact as it gives the good and decent blokes that have manners a bad name and feel just as strongly as you do on the matter
What that poster said does ring true....at least in my experience anyway.

When I'm out and about I don't want to be bothered and can be pretty defensive. Not trying to make it sound like all the men are clamoring for me, but there is always that ONE guy who feels the need say or do something inappropriate. Majority of the men I see in public don't do or say anything but the ones who do tend to stand out the most. I'm not gonna lie I do tend to be a little anxious and on guard at ALL times but I'm very aware that not all men are bad.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
What that poster said does ring true....at least in my experience anyway.

When I'm out and about I don't want to be bothered and can be pretty defensive. Not trying to make it sound like all the men are clamoring for me, but there is always that ONE guy who feels the need say or do something inappropriate. Majority of the men I see in public don't do or say anything but the ones who do tend to stand out the most. I'm not gonna lie I do tend to be a little anxious and on guard at ALL times but I'm very aware that not all men are bad.
Auraliea I agree wholeheartedly with what she's saying of course I do as I've seen many a few men do ^^^^

However I disagree with her that men don't realise what you " poor wimmins " ( ) go through ( hence my post it's more sympathetic than anything else ) , as my post states people like myself and other men that DONT talk or treat women like that only know this too well and it's obvious at times that when we approach a lady and they seem defensive or guarded it's most probably because of idiots like that ..... If you see what i mean? So of course we realise what's going on.

And LOL I know you are as open minded as they come my love as I'm sure you're aware of my hate to blokes like that and combat them every chance I get

Old 07-05-2016, 11:33 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Auraliea I agree wholeheartedly with what she's saying of course I do as I've seen many a few men do ^^^^

However I disagree with her that men don't realise what you " poor wimmins " ( ) go through ( hence my post it's more sympathetic than anything else ) , as my post states people like myself and other men that DONT talk or treat women like that only know this too well and it's obvious at times that when we approach a lady and they seem defensive or guarded it's most probably because of idiots like that ..... If you see what i mean? So of course we realise what's going on.

And LOL I know you are as open minded as they come my love as I'm sure you're aware of my hate to blokes like that and combat them every chance I get
Oh no my post wasn't to put down yours.

I was just simply agreeing. I agree with you that there are men who DO notice this kind of treatment but there are also men who don't know or don't see it as a problem. And the ones who don't or refuse to see it as an issue, most of the time are the ones who cause the issue. So I agree with you and I agree with that other poster.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Oh no my post wasn't to put down yours.

I was just simply agreeing. I agree with you that there are men who DO notice this kind of treatment but there are also men who don't know or don't see it as a problem. And the ones who don't or refuse to see it as an issue, most of the time are the ones who cause the issue. So I agree with you and I agree with that other poster.

So we are ALL in agreement!!!

Get the champagne out for a CD first!

Old 07-05-2016, 11:41 AM

471 posts, read 437,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Except for the ones that aren't pretty; all the ones you've chosen to reject, and all the others you never even noticed. Oh, poor you! Heaven forbid you should give some of the rejects a chance, and get to know their personality. No, that wouldn't do because you might become intrigued, and might find yourself being attracted to someone who doesn't measure up physically. Oh, the horror!
Relationships don't last if a guy isn't physically attracted to the girl. It would inevitably end badly so he's actually doing them a favor. Plus, women only care about money. How else to explain six figure incomes being the norm for dating requirements on sites like Match.com. Women are just as shallow as men, probably moreso because a guy would date a girl he's physically attracted to even if she worked at McDonalds. He wouldn't care how much money she was making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships