Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 02:49 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,913,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangroush View Post
Update.

Our latest date (5th was last night) and went to eat and then movies. We had a wonderful time and during the movie we held each other and kissed. Sweet moment. Told her I've been wanting to kiss her since our second date and she smiled. Said she is feeling like she's getting to know me better. It felt amazing when we held each other, even though it was at the movie theater and not the most comfortable place.

Now I want to spend a bit more time with her and go out more. We are both busy with work, gym, other things but we need to find time to see each other!
It seems as if you are putting in all the effort. What is she doing to demonstrate that she is as into this as much as you are? Also, what is it about her that you like? Or it is simply that she is female and cute?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 03:07 PM

50 posts, read 55,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
It seems as if you are putting in all the effort. What is she doing to demonstrate that she is as into this as much as you are? Also, what is it about her that you like? Or it is simply that she is female and cute?

I just like spending time with her and enjoy her company. We have many things in common, she's attractive, great personality, good conversation. She just bought a house and is in the process of painting/moving in so wanting to give her some time. Don't want to rush things.

While I want to give her space, also wanting to see her more, like I mentioned but don't want to appear needy like another user mentioned.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:54 PM

We texted a bit tonight and she invited me to church tomorrow morning. Of course I said yes since I want to spend time with her, but asked her about getting together sometime next week and said she is not free until next Sunday, 7/24. She's currently moving into a new house, and has plans with family, friends. I get that, but I want to meet more than once a week. Not being needy but wanting to get to know her and spend time with her.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:23 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,377,338 times
1950s courtship is the vibe I'm getting. Another church visit next Sunday? She's completely unavailable during the week? Even for coffee, ice cream or drinks?

Old 07-17-2016, 12:16 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,529,412 times
6th date is church? That's a new one for me.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:40 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,411,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I'm with you on that. And the no sex on the first, second or third date? Bahahaha. And if there was honest to goodness chemistry, it started with a kiss, but that was after having built a rapport and developed a sense of the person.

My husband and I kissed at the beginning of our first date. Like when we hugged.

It means sex.
You guys kissed the very moment you both laid eyes on each other?

I believe you said you met your husband from OkCupid, so would this have been the first time you saw each other face to face?

Old 07-17-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
1950s courtship is the vibe I'm getting. Another church visit next Sunday? She's completely unavailable during the week? Even for coffee, ice cream or drinks?

Metaphysique,

Agreed on the "1950's courtship vibe". That's what's strange, that she will not be free until next Sunday. We went to church this morning (I'm not religious but went to be with her) and she had to go to work afterwards, so could not even go for coffee or something quick, but said after this Sunday she will not have to work more weekends for a while and should be done with her house. Tuesdays and Thursdays she has gym (so do I) and rest of week she's going to be working on her new house. She gets out of work at 5:30 each work week, so she could at least make an hour of time?

Sigh. Think I should go back on match.com and look some more. Seems a bit inexperienced with relationships.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
6th date is church? That's a new one for me.
Nah, not really a date. Just met up there.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:47 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,289,289 times
Quote:
Metaphysique,

Agreed on the "1950's courtship vibe". That's what's strange, that she will not be free until next Sunday. We went to church this morning (I'm not religious but went to be with her) and she had to go to work afterwards, so could not even go for coffee or something quick, but said after this Sunday she will not have to work more weekends for a while and should be done with her house. Tuesdays and Thursdays she has gym (so do I) and rest of week she's going to be working on her new house. She gets out of work at 5:30 each work week, so she could at least make an hour of time?

Sigh. Think I should go back on match.com and look some more. Seems a bit inexperienced with relationships.
I'd say definitely continue to date around and see what else is out there. Sure, you like this woman, and she may like you, but she's really busy right now. Let her clean up her closet of requirements and maybe she'll be more free to spend time with you. You're going to drive yourself crazy wanting more time with her and she's just unwilling to give it right now.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,015,385 times
Quote:
Seems a bit inexperienced with relationships.
That's pretty judgmental.

She has explained to you why she is busy. She is human, and between working full time and working on a house, maybe she just doesn't have the energy to get gussied up and get into date mode on a weeknight.

Calm down, be patient and give her a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships